Just sucky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Just sucky
(17-01-2015 03:37 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Those poor kids No will you have the opportunity here and there to be a positive influence? Like maybe once every few months or so offer to babysit, take them on a fun little excursion? I know you got a lot of love to give to little ones, Anj. I'm so sorry Hug

They are in SC so I won't have the chance to see them. Hopefully they will be placed with their grandmother and step-grandfather. That seems to be the best answer for this awful situation.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2015, 06:05 PM
That does suck.

In MD our ambulances and State Troopers are already equipped and trained with Narcan. Now we're suggesting physicians prescribe Narcan as an "In Case of Emergency" script in addition to serious opiates for chronic pain sufferers and our pharmacies are now carrying it and I'm thinking it should be something in everybody's medicine cabinet. ... We got a lotta heroin in Baltimore (estimates run as high as 19,000 users).

#sigh
17-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Just sucky
What an awful situation. My condolences.
17-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Thanks everybody.

The kids are a little older than I thought - time goes by too quickly - they are 12, 13, and 15...certainly doesn't make it better, in fact, maybe worse because they will remember every bit of it.

The children were allowed to decide what to do and they have decided on a graveside service only. They don't want to go through all the rest and be expected to stand by their father's casket during a viewing. I am happy to hear that they had say in the matter.

What a waste. I can only hope the kids get all the help they need to navigate the emotions to come.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this going on in your family. It's good that the children had a say in the funeral instead of just being pushed aside in the process though. Hopefully they'll also have a say in who has guardianship of them/who they stay with. I sincerely wish the best for your young relatives Hug

[Image: notagain.gif]
17-01-2015, 11:40 PM
That's awful. Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Hug

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 08:32 AM
That's horrible! Sorry Anj.Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-01-2015, 08:42 AM
That's so very sad. It's hard to imagine how they are feeling.

Do you think their mother will step up? Perhaps she has changed in the intervening years since the separation?

Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

18-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Tragic.

I just don't get it, self destructive behavior. Of all the things in this world that baffle me this has to be near the top, especially when they are responsible for young kids...it just doesn't compute.

I sincerely hope a responsible adult steps in.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce