Just tooting my own horn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: Just tooting my own horn
(04-04-2016 10:37 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  As some of you may know, IRL I am a better-than-average bowler. I could have gone pro when I was younger but the money and stability just wasn't there. Well, I took 20 years off (the biggest mistake of my life next to not using critical thinking until I was in my 30s) to build my career and ensuing publishing company. Last year I realized my company is strong enough that I don't need to work as hard as I did when we first launched, so I decided to get back into bowling.

Last year I averaged 227, which is decent, especially after taking so many years off. But this year I have been enjoying some of the best performances of my career, and March was easily the best month of my bowling life. And it doesn't seem to be slowing down.

I bowled 300-784 on Thursday to cap off a remarkable month that included a 1,049 4-game block, including 814 for three games and I won the tourney. I followed that up with series of 760-760-784 and tonight I bowled 778. Over that span I averaged 260+, which is unheard of.

It just feels good to finally be back to what I was capable of 20 years ago. I wanted to write it down somewhere because I don't like to do it on Facebook.

Anyway, just wanted to share my success and wondered if there were any bowlers out there who can appreciate this.

I can certainly appreciate it. I used to bowl quite a bit, but only ever broke 200 once (that's one game), and not by much. My best average for a season was around 150. My brother was better than me, and averaged over 200 for a few years, but nothing like the numbers you are getting. So yes, that's pretty impressive! Bravo!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
05-04-2016, 12:25 PM
RE: Just tooting my own horn
Thanks everyone! This kind of run is really fun to be on and it's rare, so just like life I'm enjoying it while I can.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply