Just want to say thank you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Just want to say thank you
Hey everyone,
A few months ago I was on here and told the story of how I quit my job as a librarian in a very orthodox jewish community after my crazy boss essentially accused me of being a racist simply because I asked a few questions about the orthodox jewish community. I personally found the people in this particular towns, Jewish and gentile, as generally entitled and very hard to deal with and as a public library librarian I had to deal with people all day.

Everyone on here was very sympathetic and I just wanted to say thank you. I'm doing a lot better now. I was offered a part time librarian job very close to me working with teens and teaching technology classes. I'm also been working as a payroll clerk at a major trucking company, which I actually really enjoy. It's the almost the same thing every day but I really like the consistency and it's gotten me interested in accounting. I've been thinking of taking a few accounting classes at the local community college this summer and if I take six I'll qualify to take the CPA exam in a neighboring state.
So in summary, I'm doing a lot better. I'm not constantly stressed out, I enjoy the work I do, and I've put together a decent plan to pay back my student loans over a 12 year period. I did have to move back in with my mother, but at least I don't have to pay rent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like jerseygirlar's post
26-01-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Just want to say thank you
Glad you are doing well! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Hug

Great to hear and yay for your life getting better. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear things are looking up.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-01-2016, 08:52 AM
(26-01-2016 08:23 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  Hey everyone,
A few months ago I was on here and told the story of how I quit my job as a librarian in a very orthodox jewish community after my crazy boss essentially accused me of being a racist simply because I asked a few questions about the orthodox jewish community. I personally found the people in this particular towns, Jewish and gentile, as generally entitled and very hard to deal with and as a public library librarian I had to deal with people all day.

Everyone on here was very sympathetic and I just wanted to say thank you. I'm doing a lot better now. I was offered a part time librarian job very close to me working with teens and teaching technology classes. I'm also been working as a payroll clerk at a major trucking company, which I actually really enjoy. It's the almost the same thing every day but I really like the consistency and it's gotten me interested in accounting. I've been thinking of taking a few accounting classes at the local community college this summer and if I take six I'll qualify to take the CPA exam in a neighboring state.
So in summary, I'm doing a lot better. I'm not constantly stressed out, I enjoy the work I do, and I've put together a decent plan to pay back my student loans over a 12 year period. I did have to move back in with my mother, but at least I don't have to pay rent.

Religion is literally the cause of racism worldwide. It isn't that all humans are racist, no, but that when you say boo to a religion, you get called racist.

I've been accused by Christians and Muslims and Jews and even Hindus and Buddhist of being racist. Even AFTER pointing out to individuals and groups of people born and raised in their former religions worldwide.

Jew is a religion, not a race, Sammy Davis Jr was a BLACK JEW. There are also white Muslims and Asian Muslims and black Muslims. There are Asian Buddhists, Japanese Buddhists and white American Buddhists.

Not even "atheist" is a race. There are black atheists, Asian atheists, Mexican atheists, India atheists, Arab atheists who left Islam.

Humans are the same species no matter what nations we are born in or what religions we grow up in.

Jews don't get to hide behind the word "racist" to protect criticism of their beliefs either.

Racism DOES exist, but mere criticism or even blasphemy of religion does not make one a racist.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
26-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Glad it's working out for you. Maybe you won't have to stay with your mom too long.

As for bookkeeping/accounting being enjoyable, it is for me. One of the things I like about it is that it's cathartic to work on something that is as black and white as bookkeeping. It's pretty much either right or wrong with little to no grey area and that is something I like. I've enjoyed doing it off and on for 30yrs.

The library/teaching tech thing sounds great too. Have fun!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I am very pleased to learn this news.

Be happy and please yourself. There is no shame in that.

All the best of luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-01-2016, 10:02 AM
(26-01-2016 09:16 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Glad it's working out for you. Maybe you won't have to stay with your mom too long.

As for bookkeeping/accounting being enjoyable, it is for me. One of the things I like about it is that it's cathartic to work on something that is as black and white as bookkeeping. It's pretty much either right or wrong with little to no grey area and that is something I like. I've enjoyed doing it off and on for 30yrs.

The library/teaching tech thing sounds great too. Have fun!

Great to hear things are better. There's a lot of wisdom around here.

And Heatheness, I think someone else on this forum is a bookkeeper. It's either Dom or Anjie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Camon! Fugetaboutit! From one Jersian to ah nudder! You's aint got nutten to worries bout.

You sound like your rebounding so good for you. Keep us posted Big Grin

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-01-2016, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2016 10:28 AM by DLJ.)
(26-01-2016 08:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 08:23 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  Hey everyone,

Religion is literally the cause of racism worldwide. It isn't that all humans are racist, no, but that when you say boo to a religion, you get called racist.

I've been accused by Christians and Muslims and Jews and even Hindus and Buddhist of being racist. Even AFTER pointing out to individuals and groups of people born and raised in their former religions worldwide.

Jew is a religion, not a race, Sammy Davis Jr was a BLACK JEW. There are also white Muslims and Asian Muslims and black Muslims. There are Asian Buddhists, Japanese Buddhists and white American Buddhists.

Not even "atheist" is a race. There are black atheists, Asian atheists, Mexican atheists, India atheists, Arab atheists who left Islam.

Humans are the same species no matter what nations we are born in or what religions we grow up in.

Jews don't get to hide behind the word "racist" to protect criticism of their beliefs either.

Racism DOES exist, but mere criticism or even blasphemy of religion does not make one a racist.

Reminder...

The Personal Issues and Support thread is where it's cool to provide support to the OP over personal stuff and uncool to have a vent about your own thing.

Cheers.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post