• 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM

Just want your thoughts...
...I thought this was funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-NPPIeeRk
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM

RE: Just want your thoughts...
I can't believe how pathetic that video about laminin was. Why on earth is there an audience there listening to this guy?
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I flagged it for inappropriate content under "scams/fraud" Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2010, 05:43 PM
i wonder why the submitter has taken off the commentsSmile

apparently the only way to get a religious one interested about something wich has something to do with science is this kind of things wich seem to them somehow mystical. but as the ''mystical'' things are explained, the interest goes away.
Example: the only time my father watched a science documentary was when the topic was the plaques of egypt, the ones told in bible. it was a 5part series and the part he watched was about the grass hopper plague.
first he was very interested when they first told the biblical story about the plague, but he didnt expect that they would explain what really causes the ''plague'' and that they would tell that it still happens in poor countries and australia. he quit watching it in 20minutesBig Grin as the supernatural is taken out of the picture, the interest goes away

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Wait, what? Laminin is an image of the cross? No, it isn't.

This is laminin:

[Image: laminin3.jpg]

The image he uses is a stylized (read: incredibly simplified and organized to make it easier to view) image used in chemistry textbooks.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
(02-07-2010 04:37 PM)Green Wrote:  I flagged it for inappropriate content under "scams/fraud" Smile

I did too. I don't find this funny. I do, however, find it frightening that there are people that actually find this load of crap enough to make them believe in the magic sky daddy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
08-07-2010, 01:36 PM

The reason I found it funny was because it gives no evidence, just a simplified version of laminin.

I agree, it is ridiculous, but at the same time I laugh at what these people are throwing out there to "prove" to us (without any real evidence) that their god exists.
08-07-2010, 03:44 PM
[Image: 7590751f6.jpg]
Praise god! Look at all the crosses! This is the same as the banana argument, just a different face.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
08-07-2010, 09:07 PM

(08-07-2010 03:44 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  [Image: 7590751f6.jpg]
Praise god! Look at all the crosses! This is the same as the banana argument, just a different face.

Banana argument? I must know this ridiculous argument!

Please enlighten me. Big Grin
08-07-2010, 09:27 PM
(08-07-2010 09:07 PM)Stanly Wrote:  
(08-07-2010 03:44 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  [Image: 7590751f6.jpg]

Banana argument? I must know this ridiculous argument!

Please enlighten me. Big Grin

Who better to explain this than Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron! Link

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!