Just wanted to rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Just wanted to rant
Hi,

Guess this is my first post on TTA forums. I live in San Antonio and was really hoping to see Seth Andrews live. It would be my first ever atheist event as well. Turns out my parents signed me up for the Sadr meal at the church that same day without telling me. Since I'm not out yet I can't exactly tell them I had plans. So close, yet so far. Sorry Seth, I tried.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Just wanted to rant
There will always be other opportunities.

Patience is a greater virtue than Faith.

What is a Sadr meal? At least it's free food. Atheist events, I'm told, don't include food... it would be 'bring your own baby'.

17-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks I needed that. I was feeling pretty bummed. Smile I may not be spelling it correctly but it's the passover meal. In Judaism it was the meal that was eaten when the Angel of Death passed by the houses of the Jews on it's way to kill the first born of Egypt. (cheerful thought) Or relatedly the last supper of Jesus (a Jew celebrating the same event) with the added twist that he revealed he would be sacrificed the next day. It's all very up-beat. I never was certain why we celebrated it as Catholics, or why we didn't just go all the way and be Jews given its origins. It involves bitter-herbs of some sort, unleavened bread, and lamb.
(17-03-2013 09:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There will always be other opportunities.

Patience is a greater virtue than Faith.

What is a Sadr meal? At least it's free food. Atheist events, I'm told, don't include food... it would be 'bring your own baby'.
17-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm with you now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_Seder

17-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Just wanted to rant
My wife and I attended a Seder once for our anthropology class we were taking together. Wonderful people. They were very welcoming and shared a lot about the meal and its origins.

The food on the other hand...let's just say we didn't ask for any recipes to take home. But I suppose a meal like that isn't designed to delight.