Just watched Grave of the Fireflies...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Just watched Grave of the Fireflies...
Been crying for over half an hour now. Its an excellent movie, but truly heartbreaking. This is ridiculous though... I'm doing other things like reading emails or making a sandwich and my face is still leaking. I'm not sure if I'd want to watch it again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
17-04-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: Just watched Grave of the Fireflies...
Is that the Japanese anime about post-WWII? I've seen the first 20 minutes of it. I need to go back and watch the whole thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2013, 07:21 AM
It is one of my favourite films!

I wept for a long time after seeing it. No film has had such an emotional impact on me as much as Grave For The Fireflies.

I don't think I have cried that much at anything else ever... even some pretty tragic events in my life didn't hit me as hard. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-04-2013, 09:07 AM
(17-04-2013 07:21 AM)frankiej Wrote:  It is one of my favourite films!

I wept for a long time after seeing it. No film has had such an emotional impact on me as much as Grave For The Fireflies.

I don't think I have cried that much at anything else ever... even some pretty tragic events in my life didn't hit me as hard. Tongue

Pussy.

Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-04-2013, 11:35 AM
This movie is weapons grade depressium.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
17-04-2013, 11:39 AM
(17-04-2013 09:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:21 AM)frankiej Wrote:  It is one of my favourite films!

Pussy.

Tongue

Meow. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
20-04-2013, 07:32 PM
One of the best anime films there is, good choice. It is rather depressing though no doubt there.
15-06-2013, 12:05 AM
I was shown it for the first time by my Modern Japan professor back in college. Great film, and a great showcase of how anime is art. Too many people dismiss the medium as trash based on the popular stuff that really can be just that. But something like Grave of the Fireflies is really fantastic.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."