Just when you think Christians can't go any lower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Just when you think Christians can't go any lower
I thought I saw a thread about this somewhere here, but then I couldn't track it down with the search bar, so here we go.

It was bound to happen sooner rather than later. A Christian video game designer wrote and released a video game called Kill the Faggot. Apparently (I haven't played it), the game lives up to (or down to) its name as a shooter in which one guns down cliched gay men and male-to-female transgender people.

If I were a Christian, by this point I'd be ashamed to admit it.

New rule! If Christians, even moderate Christians, are to continue referring to their faith as a religion of love, they must first explain how it can produce people like this. We're judging the tree by the fruit it bears, just like the Bible says we should, and this is one REALLY bad apple. Besides, if those Christians are the least bit embarrassed by the failures of their religion of love in the way it produces hateful people, wouldn't explaining where it's going wrong be the first thing you want to do... and once you've tracked down the point of failure, wouldn't fixing it be the second?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 03:44 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Just when you think Christians can't go any lower
You should have searched for "F*ggot"

Smile

06-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Don't feed the trolls. They will just keep coming back for more.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
06-05-2015, 02:02 AM
(06-05-2015 01:59 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Don't feed the trolls. They will just keep coming back for more.

DLJ's a known troll I agree, but forcing him to have hot sex with Asian girls is just a past-time for some of us.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2015, 04:29 AM
(06-05-2015 02:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 01:59 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Don't feed the trolls. They will just keep coming back for more.

DLJ's a known troll I agree,

Grrr! I've been found out!

... and I woulda gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
(06-05-2015 12:55 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  New rule! If Christians, even moderate Christians, are to continue referring to their faith as a religion of love, they must first explain how it can produce people like this.

They do. They say it's free will and that they made the right choice. The problem is, they won't give their source material a much-needed revision and the First Amendment protects an awful lot of terrible stuff.

Honestly, your average moderate Christian does distance themselves from it. When I used to be Christian, I'd complain about "bad" Christians giving my religion a bad name. The problem with their world view is, there's no one person or group of people that are in charge of "all Christians", so they're powerless to actually stop this type of behavior. They believe God is in charge of everything, and it's not like he's ever proven to be a very active participant in the day-to-day happenings on Earth.
06-05-2015, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 08:21 AM by Hafnof.)
Here is an article summarising what we know about the game's creator and motivation[1]. It's not completely clear to me whether he is a Christian or is in any way motivated by religion. Claims of Christianity appear to stem from a footware site he tried to get off the ground via Kickstarter in 2014 which claimed to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ through quality footware. He could well be a serial fool rather the true Christian™ bigot given his track record.

For the record the company's official statement is here[2].

Keith Fay of Cruachan has asked for his band's music and voices to be removed from the game and an upcoming title by the developer[3].

[1] http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/fa...n-shooter/
[2] http://skaldicgames.com/statement.html
[3] http://www.thejournal.ie/skaldic-games-k...2-May2015/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Personally I can't wrap my brain around "christian video designer". Sounds like fun from the get go. Also it's rather telling that a christian video game designer designs a game where you have to kill fellow human beings. Good christian tradition, closely related to the species known as Taliban and ISIS.
06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
(06-05-2015 08:54 AM)abaris Wrote:  Personally I can't wrap my brain around "christian video designer". Sounds like fun from the get go. Also it's rather telling that a christian video game designer designs a game where you have to kill fellow human beings. Good christian tradition, closely related to the species known as Taliban and ISIS.

Christianity and killing go together like a hand in a glove. You'd be hard pressed to open a page in the OT and not find some ghastly version of smiting.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Never underestimate the depths the devout can sink to......

Remember the Inquisition??????

All "In His Name".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.