Just when you think Christians can't go any lower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: Just when you think Christians can't go any lower
They'll provably next come up with a game for shooting atheists: half points for agnostics, double points for anti-theists. Or they could be inspired by Phil Robertson and come up with a serial killer game that goes after atheists. Nothing is too low for them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 10:17 AM
If you read the responses, the developer is a dbag, but it's not directly "inspired" by his "Christian" faith. It's simply a game made to push stupid boundaries. Anyone hear of the new game coming out that is similar to postal? I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it's a third-person shooter where you control a psychotic mass murderer and try to "off" as many people as possible before dying yourself. If you watch the trailer, most of the kills are so gruesome and over-the-top its no wonder it was taken down from Steam. (But later renewed as Gabe issued a statement)

In my view, this is the workings of someone trying to stir up some shit for themselves. They want to be noticed and recognized, so this is a way to do it. In fact, I don't see any references to the Christian faith at all in this one other than the developer identifies as one. That's not enough to slam it as an "all-time Christian low", but it is enough to slam it as a grotesque piece of work that doesn't deserve to see the light of day, but unfortunately will.

Edited: because grammar.
06-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Isn't there already a thread of this? I was expecting a limbo thread.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-05-2015, 10:26 AM
(06-05-2015 10:17 AM)Dusky Wrote:  If you read the responses, the developer is a dbag, but it's not directly "inspired" by his "Christian" faith. It's simply a game made to push stupid boundaries. Anyone hear of the new game coming out that is similar to postal? I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it's a third-person shooter where you control a psychotic mass murderer and try to "off" as many people as possible before dying yourself. If you watch the trailer, most of the kills are so gruesome and over-the-top its no wonder it was taken down from Steam. (But later renewed as Gabe issued a statement)

In my view, this is the workings of someone trying to stir up some shit for themselves. They want to be noticed and recognized, so this is a way to do it. In fact, I don't see any references to the Christian faith at all in this one other than the developer identifies as one. That's not enough to slam it as an "all-time Christian low", but it is enough to slam it as a grotesque piece of work that doesn't deserve to see the light of day, but unfortunately will.

Edited: because grammar.
The game you are talking about is Hatred.
06-05-2015, 10:27 AM
(06-05-2015 06:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 12:55 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  New rule! If Christians, even moderate Christians, are to continue referring to their faith as a religion of love, they must first explain how it can produce people like this.

They do. They say it's free will and that they made the right choice. The problem is, they won't give their source material a much-needed revision and the First Amendment protects an awful lot of terrible stuff.

Honestly, your average moderate Christian does distance themselves from it. When I used to be Christian, I'd complain about "bad" Christians giving my religion a bad name. The problem with their world view is, there's no one person or group of people that are in charge of "all Christians", so they're powerless to actually stop this type of behavior. They believe God is in charge of everything, and it's not like he's ever proven to be a very active participant in the day-to-day happenings on Earth.

Yeah, they do distance themselves. I'm no fan of distancing. It's hard to fix problems from a distance.

So, wait, free will? Isn't Christianity and/or its God billed as transforming people for the better? If this is a good system for transforming people for the better, why does it not account for free will and work with it in an effective way? Make it so that people, acting on their free will, are more likely to help than harm society? If it cannot do so, then how is it a good system?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Uncivilized scum. Everybody knows it's "Kill the Rabbit!"

Get it right, damn it!

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post