Just why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Just why?
Just when I was sad that they don't make any more Monty Python's Flying Circus episodes - here's real life putting up an even better show Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2016 04:56 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(22-01-2016 04:47 PM)Naridar Wrote:  Just when I was sad that they don't make any more Monty Python's Flying Circus episodes - here's real life putting up an even better show Big Grin

These people got offended by jerry seinfeld once.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-01-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm lazy at the moment, so don't feel like digging anything up. Who invented "microaggression", and what is to be gained by controlling it?
22-01-2016, 06:29 PM
(22-01-2016 05:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm lazy at the moment, so don't feel like digging anything up. Who invented "microaggression", and what is to be gained by controlling it?

Nothing good, but they say it is for equality.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-01-2016, 06:41 PM
(22-01-2016 05:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm lazy at the moment, so don't feel like digging anything up. Who invented "microaggression", and what is to be gained by controlling it?

A Harvard psychiatrist in the 70s. I don't know what controlling it is supposed to mean.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2016, 09:55 PM
(22-01-2016 06:41 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

A Harvard psychiatrist in the 70s. I don't know what controlling it is supposed to mean.

Controlling, to me, in this case, is generating a concept and then an agenda to control what people can say with impunity. I don't like what a lot of people say in this world. An example of this is how an atheist may be "offended" when s/he sneezes and a person says "Bless you!". That phrase is out there, has been for millennia. I don't take offense from its mention, I understand that it is ingrained in the culture. I say "Gesundheit", myself, but I don't bitch out someone who says "Bless you", to me when I sneeze. I don't see that as microaggression, and I don't agree with xtians who get all hissy if they aren't told "Merry Christmas", during the season. People need to get a little less touchy about what is said. That reduction would come from having the authority figures whom they follow like sheep not pushing them into it with vitriolic rhetoric. Fat chance of that. The whole point of religion is control and subjugation, via demonization of "others".
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-01-2016, 10:35 PM
I couldn't watch the whole thing. It made me want to vomit.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac