Justice Democrats (US Politics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Seems like a reasonable centrist platform with the sensible approach of working to re-balance the existing system rather than getting a new party going from scratch.

A few tweaks:
- For trade, the focus should not be on the individual deals (e.g. NAFTA and TPP) but on the international Leviathan for trade i.e. ISDS. But there doesn't seem to be the same insularity that concerned me about Bernie's platform (see Mercantilism).
- Similarly, the counterweight to corporations is consumers (shareholders are influenced by their profits) ... I'd like to see something about encouraging international Consumer Unions (e.g. BankExit) to institutionalise ethical consumerism.
-The gun policy seems too 'blanket' by ignoring the different social structures relating to population density.

Other than that, it's a decent centrist stance that taps into highly popular (rather than populist) opinions across the US.

Which of you are going to step up and run for office?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-01-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Justice Democrats (US Politics)
(24-01-2017 06:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Seems like a reasonable centrist platform with the sensible approach of working to re-balance the existing system rather than getting a new party going from scratch.

A few tweaks:
- For trade, the focus should not be on the individual deals (e.g. NAFTA and TPP) but on the international Leviathan for trade i.e. ISDS. But there doesn't seem to be the same insularity that concerned me about Bernie's platform (see Mercantilism).
- Similarly, the counterweight to corporations is consumers (shareholders are influenced by their profits) ... I'd like to see something about encouraging international Consumer Unions (e.g. BankExit) to institutionalise ethical consumerism.
-The gun policy seems too 'blanket' by ignoring the different social structures relating to population density.

Other than that, it's a decent centrist stance that taps into highly popular (rather than populist) opinions across the US.

My 22 yo son is quite political. I could probably get him to run on the 420 platform in Maryland. I'll show him the video.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-01-2017, 06:35 PM
(24-01-2017 06:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Seems like a reasonable centrist platform with the sensible approach of working to re-balance the existing system rather than getting a new party going from scratch.

A few tweaks:

I dunno man. My gut tells me it's gonna weasel towards money once more, and we get the same thing.

But maybe that's the deal. Get new young people to kill the old party from the inside. Won't be the same party anyways.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
24-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Social Justice Democrats? Nothing new to see here.
24-01-2017, 08:28 PM
I'd be more likely to expect to see them run Hillary again in 2020.......

Par the course, and all that....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-01-2017, 09:10 PM
(24-01-2017 08:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd be more likely to expect to see them run Hillary again in 2020.......

Par the course, and all that....

Do you really think they're that clueless? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2017, 09:40 PM
(24-01-2017 08:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Social Justice Democrats? Nothing new to see here.

I'm surprised. I'd have thought that you'd like the part about slapping the authoritarian-left regarding denying freedom of speech on campuses.

I liked that bit.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-01-2017, 10:09 PM
(24-01-2017 09:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 08:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Social Justice Democrats? Nothing new to see here.

I'm surprised. I'd have thought that you'd like the part about slapping the authoritarian-left regarding denying freedom of speech on campuses.

I liked that bit.

Yes

I only watched about 15 minutes. I couldn't handle all the talk about taking my money.
24-01-2017, 10:16 PM
(24-01-2017 10:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 09:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm surprised. I'd have thought that you'd like the part about slapping the authoritarian-left regarding denying freedom of speech on campuses.

I liked that bit.

Yes

I only watched about 15 minutes. I couldn't handle all the talk about taking my money.

We only want the money that you obtained by defrauding the US people during the banking crisis that you've got stashed away in your Cayman Islands accounts.

Oh! And that second billion of yours after you die.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-01-2017, 10:41 PM
(24-01-2017 10:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 09:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm surprised. I'd have thought that you'd like the part about slapping the authoritarian-left regarding denying freedom of speech on campuses.

I liked that bit.

Yes

You're worth billions of dollars and keep your money in off shore accounts to avoid paying taxes?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post