Justice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Justice
(12-02-2014 02:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I guess I wait for society to improve. Too bad it will take another 1000 years and it's gonna keep happening.

Guess so, since you repeatedly fail to mention exactly what "it" is.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 02:31 PM
(12-02-2014 02:28 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 02:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I guess I wait for society to improve. Too bad it will take another 1000 years and it's gonna keep happening.

Guess so, since you repeatedly fail to mention exactly what "it" is.

Doesn't matter anymore.
12-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Revengen is not the answer. Without knowing what specifically it was hard to say what to do. If it was some form of harrassment take it to the police. You would be making better use of your time supporting your friend instead of making things worse than they have to be by taking vengance on their behalf.

Take my advice please. You stepping in will make things worse, not better.

I'm a dad who is dealing with his daughter getting death threats. My daughter is one of those vunerable people with a history of cutting herself. Her friends and older sister tried to help her (without getting me involved) and it spiraled to the point of my daughter cutting herself again. It is a great big mess right now and I had to get the kids school and lots of other involved to clean it up.

Do your friend a big favor and give them a hug, take them to dinner and leave that other person the hell alone. If they broke a law or school rule turn it over to the authorities.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 02:45 PM by donotwant.)
(12-02-2014 02:36 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Revengen is not the answer. Without knowing what specifically it was hard to say what to do. If it was some form of harrassment take it to the police. You would be making better use of your time supporting your friend instead of making things worse than they have to be by taking vengance on their behalf.

I'm a dad who is dealing with his daughter getting death threats. My daughter is one of those vunerable people with a history of cutting herself. Her friends and older sister tried to help her (without getting me involved) and it spiraled to the point of my daughter cutting herself again. It is a great big mess right now and I had to get the kids school and lots of other involved to clean it up.

Do your friend a big favor and give them a hug, take them to dinner and leave that other person the hell alone. If they broke a law or school rule turn it over to the authorities.

He lives in another city Big Grin
Besides he is suffering seizures and can't walk so not much of use for me there.
The authorities? The bad guy payed a fine and that's it. The case is closed. Besides he was not alone there were group of people and they got nothing.
12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
How will you taking revenge help your friend ? Gonna cure him ? Gonna make him feel that it's not so bad being disabled if you've got friends who'll kill people randomly ? If the perpetrator got a fine then that means that the decision of the court was that there was some guilt but not enough to justify a harsher punishment. Now you are claiming that you know better than they do ?

If you're dead set on revenge, go get it and take the punishment that will be given to you. Don't play games trying to claim it's justice. 'Cos it ain't.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Can you live with yourself if you stay silent? It could gnaw at you for a long time.
Do you feel loyalty to the perp?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
12-02-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 02:54 PM by wazzel.)
(12-02-2014 02:41 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 02:36 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Revengen is not the answer. Without knowing what specifically it was hard to say what to do. If it was some form of harrassment take it to the police. You would be making better use of your time supporting your friend instead of making things worse than they have to be by taking vengance on their behalf.

He lives in another city Big Grin
Besides he is suffering seizures and can't walk so not much of use for me there.
The authorities? The bad guy payed a fine and that's it. The case is closed. Besides he was not alone there were group of people and they got nothing.

We do not always feel justice was served, but should abide by it. We are not happy with the level of punishment the person that threatened my girl got for his actions, but we are not going to take justice in our hands. It really would come back and hurt my daughter.

You go do this act of vengence and it will come back and haunt your friend. There is no if it will but how long will it take. It might be a direct confrontation by the people or an emotional issues when they find out you were involved. Can you live with causing your friend more pain?
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
What the fuck? Double post again ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
(12-02-2014 02:51 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Can you live with yourself if you stay silent? It could gnaw at you for a long time.
Do you feel loyalty to the perp?

Stay silent? What do you mean?
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Well, I assumed you would report the actions of 'the evil one' to the authorities or something similar. Or maybe tell 'the victim' that you know.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.