Justification for science?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Justification for science?
You atheists seem to think that science/logic are the only ways to prove something. Do those things require proof, or are they just more dogmas to follow? Science is rather dogmatic...

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
13-02-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Justification for science?
Yes its dogmatic to be offered evidence you can fact check and not be stoned to death for disagreeing with.

Because that's what dogmatic means, did you happen to over hear that word and it rolled off your tounge so nice you were just dying to use it in a sentence you colossal ignoramus.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 5 users Like sporehux's post
13-02-2014, 11:41 AM
(13-02-2014 11:30 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Yes its dogmatic to be offered evidence you can fact check and not be stoned to death for disagreeing with.

Because that's what dogmatic means, did you happen to over hear that word and it rolled off your tounge so nice you were just dying to use it in a sentence you colossal ignoramus.

Spoken like a true atheist. Nice job only dealing with one part of my argument in an ad homenim fashion.

Truth seeker.
13-02-2014, 12:06 PM
(13-02-2014 11:41 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 11:30 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Yes its dogmatic to be offered evidence you can fact check and not be stoned to death for disagreeing with.

Spoken like a true atheist. Nice job only dealing with one part of my argument in an ad homenim fashion.
It would be ad homenim to think your argument was idiotic because you are an idiot.
But because your idiotic thread came first then it's not.Idiot.

13-02-2014, 12:12 PM
(13-02-2014 12:06 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 11:41 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Spoken like a true atheist. Nice job only dealing with one part of my argument in an ad homenim fashion.
It would be ad homenim to think your argument was idiotic because you are an idiot.

Why exactly is my thread idiotic? Am I not supposed to question your dogmas?

Truth seeker.
13-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Can you type out the definition of dogma for me .

Take your time, im sure there is an online fictionary some where that you can cherry pick from.

13-02-2014, 12:15 PM
(13-02-2014 12:12 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:06 PM)sporehux Wrote:  It would be ad homenim to think your argument was idiotic because you are an idiot.

Why exactly is my thread idiotic? Am I not supposed to question your dogmas?

Throw away your computer you just lost the privilege of using the benifits of science. Now go out and start finding food in the woods cause everything in the supermarket is a benefit of science.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-02-2014, 12:18 PM
(13-02-2014 12:14 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Can you type out the definition of dogma for me .

"prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group"
"a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation."
Source

Truth seeker.
13-02-2014, 12:24 PM
(13-02-2014 12:18 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:14 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Can you type out the definition of dogma for me .

"prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group"
"a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation."
Source
You know its pretty stupid to quote a source that is the opposite of your intention.
Actually its getting obvious that you have NFI.

Dogma definition. From your linked source ffs
1. an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church.
2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption; the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility.
3. prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group: the difficulty of resisting political dogma.

13-02-2014, 12:28 PM
(13-02-2014 11:12 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You atheists seem to think that science/logic are the only ways to prove something. Do those things require proof, or are they just more dogmas to follow? Science is rather dogmatic...

Is there another way to prove something other than with objective, observable, repeatable facts? Experience only "proves" something to the one experiencing it, if no evidence remains of that experience other than memory.
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post