Justification of hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Justification of hell?
(16-09-2013 01:41 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 12:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Trust Jesus to go to Heaven

Nice trick. Now hear ye this, a hypothetical conversation:

"Jesus paid the entire price for your sins. All you have to do in order to be saved is accept that free gift of salvation."
"OK, I accept it. Now what?"
"Now you're saved. Rejoice!"
"Cool story bro. Sorry, I gotta go now. I'm already running late, on a date. With my new gf. Hopefully I'll finally get to fuck her tonight."
"Um... you can't do that."
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"Well, you know... premarital sex is a sin. And now that you're a Christian..."
"I thought you said the price was paid."
"Well, you know... It's not really that way..."
(...)

194 ways to get saved. Enjoy!
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_a...ation.html

Other than demonstrating your preoccupation with sex, what is the point of this post?

If one comprehends that the fireman just saved them from a fire, the saved person doesn't beat up the fireman or cause him sorrow a few minutes later. Straw man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 02:37 PM

(16-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Other than demonstrating your preoccupation with sex, what is the point of this post?

What's the point of your presence on this forum? Insulting people with subtle passive-aggressive bullshit disguised as concern for our souls?

(16-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If one comprehends that the fireman just saved them from a fire, the saved person doesn't beat up the fireman or cause him sorrow a few minutes later. Straw man.

False analogy. Jesus could be compared to a fireman only if the fireman set your house on fire, and then "saved" you from it.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post
16-09-2013, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 03:04 PM by unsapien.)
(16-09-2013 02:37 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If one comprehends that the fireman just saved them from a fire, the saved person doesn't beat up the fireman or cause him sorrow a few minutes later. Straw man.

False analogy. Jesus could be compared to a fireman only if the fireman set your house on fire, and then "saved" you from it.

And then told you if you don't rebuild your house to his specifications, he'll keep on lighting it on fire again until you do.

"I am a knowledgeable man, I have knowledge. If I knew how I knew what I know, I would know half as much, because it would be clogged up with where I knew it from...that is why I cannot always cite my sources. - David Mitchell
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
16-09-2013, 03:06 PM

(16-09-2013 02:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 02:37 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  False analogy. Jesus could be compared to a fireman only if the fireman set your house on fire, and then "saved" you from it.

And then told you if you don't rebuild your house to his specifications, he'll keep on lighting it on fire again until you do.

Plus, you also get several blueprints and you have to get it right which one you should use. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
16-09-2013, 03:11 PM
(16-09-2013 03:06 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 02:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  And then told you if you don't rebuild your house to his specifications, he'll keep on lighting it on fire again until you do.

Plus, you also get several blueprints and you have to get it right which one you should use. Big Grin

And they are blueprints that look like they were all drawn by a bunch of 4 year olds with no training in architecture. Smile

"I am a knowledgeable man, I have knowledge. If I knew how I knew what I know, I would know half as much, because it would be clogged up with where I knew it from...that is why I cannot always cite my sources. - David Mitchell
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
16-09-2013, 03:52 PM
(16-09-2013 03:11 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 03:06 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Plus, you also get several blueprints and you have to get it right which one you should use. Big Grin

And they are blueprints that look like they were all drawn by a bunch of 4 year olds with no training in architecture. Smile

And all of the architecture is like:
[Image: f_Relativitym_3344174.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkNuf-NZ58ue6-9lP8NlT...RXnaHitVJ_]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2013, 08:43 PM
We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2013, 09:17 PM
(16-09-2013 08:43 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

I second this motion. I've only been on here for about a month and already PleaseJesus, Mark Dreher, absols, and one more whose name I can't remember have me wanting to bludgeon someone or something. And I'm not normally a violent person. They're doing the exact opposite of what they intent and making me hate religion and religious people more with each post I see.
16-09-2013, 09:26 PM
(16-09-2013 09:17 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 08:43 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

I second this motion. I've only been on here for about a month and already PleaseJesus, Mark Dreher, absols, and one more whose name I can't remember have me wanting to bludgeon someone or something. And I'm not normally a violent person. They're doing the exact opposite of what they intent and making me hate religion and religious people more with each post I see.

thetruth Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
17-09-2013, 03:36 AM
(16-09-2013 04:48 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Now your theology had diverged from standard Christian thought: Since when was entry to heaven earned? Is it by grace or works that we are saved?

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

"In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said, "You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

"You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."

Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And just what do those symbolize?"

The man replied, "These are Carols."

But seriously....many Christian believe faith alone isn't enough for salvation...it must be backed up by good works. Hence the mythology of St Peter meeting you at the Pearly Gates of Heaven and comparing your good deeds to your bad.