Justification of hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Justification of hell?
(18-09-2013 06:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 03:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  But seriously....many Christian believe faith alone isn't enough for salvation...it must be backed up by good works. Hence the mythology of St Peter meeting you at the Pearly Gates of Heaven and comparing your good deeds to your bad.

Many Christians? What branch of Christianity do you follow exactly?

The Bible of Convenience sect; it's very well known. Their Doctrine is "Any particular individual portion or the whole of the Bible, God's perfect and inalterable word, along with tradition as formed with the good graces of He whom is and was without Sin for all eternity, are all absolutely true and correct so long as it is convenient for them to be so."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-09-2013, 12:45 PM
(18-09-2013 07:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 06:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Many Christians? What branch of Christianity do you follow exactly?

The Bible of Convenience sect; it's very well known. Their Doctrine is "Any particular individual portion or the whole of the Bible, God's perfect and inalterable word, along with tradition as formed with the good graces of He whom is and was without Sin for all eternity, are all absolutely true and correct so long as it is convenient for them to be so."

Free Thought, when have I ever said anything in the bible is true, or any specific religious tradition is true?
18-09-2013, 03:55 PM
(18-09-2013 12:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 07:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The Bible of Convenience sect; it's very well known. Their Doctrine is "Any particular individual portion or the whole of the Bible, God's perfect and inalterable word, along with tradition as formed with the good graces of He whom is and was without Sin for all eternity, are all absolutely true and correct so long as it is convenient for them to be so."

Free Thought, when have I ever said anything in the bible is true, or any specific religious tradition is true?

I was implying to Hafnof that you were, with the quote from you which he questioned, quoting from the 'Bible of Convenience' when you made the declaration to which he (Hafnof) responded.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-09-2013, 02:18 PM
(16-09-2013 02:37 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Other than demonstrating your preoccupation with sex, what is the point of this post?

What's the point of your presence on this forum? Insulting people with subtle passive-aggressive bullshit disguised as concern for our souls?

(16-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If one comprehends that the fireman just saved them from a fire, the saved person doesn't beat up the fireman or cause him sorrow a few minutes later. Straw man.

False analogy. Jesus could be compared to a fireman only if the fireman set your house on fire, and then "saved" you from it.

The fireman gave you the matches, then you were the arsonist, then he saved you from the fire. Fixed, using "shared responsibility".
19-09-2013, 02:19 PM
(16-09-2013 08:43 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

Underlined by the bot--servitude to the atheist platitudes. Fixed.
19-09-2013, 02:21 PM
(19-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 02:37 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  What's the point of your presence on this forum? Insulting people with subtle passive-aggressive bullshit disguised as concern for our souls?

False analogy. Jesus could be compared to a fireman only if the fireman set your house on fire, and then "saved" you from it.

The fireman gave you the matches, then you were the arsonist, then he saved you from the fire. Fixed, using "shared responsibility".

PJ, in your world god gave people all kinds of things, including defective brains, to commit evil with. Then he sits back and watches the movie. Despicable.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2013, 02:21 PM
(16-09-2013 09:17 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 08:43 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  We need a TA-bot that can scan and analyze posts for tautological, circular religious reasoning and delete those posts to prevent them from cluttering up otherwise interesting threads with useless garbage spewed by mindless automatons in servitude to religious authority.

I second this motion. I've only been on here for about a month and already PleaseJesus, Mark Dreher, absols, and one more whose name I can't remember have me wanting to bludgeon someone or something. And I'm not normally a violent person. They're doing the exact opposite of what they intent and making me hate religion and religious people more with each post I see.

I see. So, you prefer religious people who believe you are lost and going to Hell and keep quiet and to themselves on the strength of their immense convictions?

I represent Jesus. If you hate me, what do you think of Him, since this is a justification of Hell thread? If you met Jesus today, what might you say to Him (when you were done telling Him how pissed you are at people like me, of course).
19-09-2013, 02:22 PM
(19-09-2013 02:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 02:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The fireman gave you the matches, then you were the arsonist, then he saved you from the fire. Fixed, using "shared responsibility".

PJ, in your world god gave people all kinds of things, including defective brains, to commit evil with. Then he sits back and watches the movie. Despicable.

I'm a Christian. Jesus coming to die and rise ≠ "sits and watches". Non sequitur to me.
19-09-2013, 02:27 PM
(19-09-2013 02:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 02:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  PJ, in your world god gave people all kinds of things, including defective brains, to commit evil with. Then he sits back and watches the movie. Despicable.

I'm a Christian. Jesus coming to die and rise ≠ "sits and watches". Non sequitur to me.

Given Jesus came and rose, why hasn't he lifted a finger in a couple thousand years? How many people are being mistreated through no fault of their own right this minute? How many children are in pain right this minute? What does your god do? Nothing. But he is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent - so he sits and watches and chooses not to do anything about his terribly flawed creation.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2013, 03:10 PM
(19-09-2013 02:21 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I represent Jesus. If you hate me, what do you think of Him, since this is a justification of Hell thread? If you met Jesus today, what might you say to Him (when you were done telling Him how pissed you are at people like me, of course).

Ha ha ha ha hahahahahhaaahah ah... good times. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein