Justification of hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Re: RE: Justification of hell?
(12-09-2013 11:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 09:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thank you Dante Alighieri for our concept of hell.

And let's not forget to thank John Milton for the fallen angel version of Satan...

That concept was already there, however, Milton gave Satan a badass personality.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Justification of hell?
(12-09-2013 10:35 AM)unsapien Wrote:  The very concept of an eternity of any thing would be hell in and of itself. Somewhere on youtube there is a video (done by AronRa I think) talking about the idea of eternal life. I tried to quickly search for it but couldn't find it.

I don't remember AronRa having a video on the afterlife, but I do remember him (and other prominent YouTube atheist) collaborating with Seth Andrews for a video on the afterlife. Could this be the clip you're thinking of?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-09-2013, 11:05 AM
(12-09-2013 11:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 11:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And let's not forget to thank John Milton for the fallen angel version of Satan...

That concept was already there, however, Milton gave Satan a badass personality.

[Image: 357sce.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ltr8ccwUQ81qfnnsfo4_400.jpg]

Tongue

12-09-2013, 11:09 AM
(12-09-2013 10:35 AM)unsapien Wrote:  The very concept of an eternity of any thing would be hell in and of itself.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

This is how I see the whole nature of hell used in a christian context.

A man with the desire to kill is placed in one room.
Another person is placed in a room next to his with a thick glass wall between them.
A third man tells the first man "My plan is for you to kill the man in the other room. I'm going to give you a maul that can smash the window so that you can kill him. If you kill him, I'm going to hit you with the maul for an eternity as a punishment. I want you to kill him. This is my plan, but if you do, you will also face my consequences. You are free to do as your heart desires"

A fourth man comes along as says "If you kill the man, I will lead you away from the third man who wants you to harm this man so he can in turn harm you forever. Just follow me and everything will be ok."

The third man says "He's not leading you away from me. He's leading you to a place where you will live with me forever."

The man with the desire to kill says "Neither of you want to stop me and it's clear that both of you can easily stop me from killing this man, but you won't.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO" ?

After given the maul, the only sane choice the first man can make is to kill the third & fourth man.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
(12-09-2013 10:50 AM)sandman Wrote:  Ummm right.... Very deep Absols if you're high ... But it was just this issue that started me on the path to atheism.

then u r wrong, bc what i said is more atheist then atheism u know, it is to absolute objective ends
atheism unfortunately dont care about facts they mean their relative existence for a time

objectively absolutes are what exist, in that fact it is clear that any is always the same

then what is opposed to being right have to b forced to possessions as freedom rights are absolute existence realities ends

u should stop changing for a goal, and start by being for what u always are at least u could gain urself in whatever fact or end
12-09-2013, 11:18 AM

(12-09-2013 09:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As the personal idea of atheism began to take hold, one of the most difficult things for me was to let go the idea of hell -- or rather that very bad people don't suffer on beyond death.
An example might be Hitler -- the thought that the worst thing he received was a bullet in the head.

An even worse thought is that, according to Christian theology, his (Jewish) victims would join him in hell because they hadn't accepted Jesus before they died. Shocking

Don't look at me! I didn't come up with that. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 11:28 AM
(12-09-2013 11:18 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 09:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As the personal idea of atheism began to take hold, one of the most difficult things for me was to let go the idea of hell -- or rather that very bad people don't suffer on beyond death.
An example might be Hitler -- the thought that the worst thing he received was a bullet in the head.

An even worse thought is that, according to Christian theology, his (Jewish) victims would join him in hell because they hadn't accepted Jesus before they died. Shocking

Don't look at me! I didn't come up with that. Sad

Actually by Christian doctrine Hitler would never be in hell as a confirmed Catholic. Thats how evil that faith is, it completely divorces morality from actions as long as you are a good little thought slave and say Jesus is Lord (ala PleaseJesus) it doesn't matter if you kill 5 million other humans you get to go to Paradise while your victims go to a pit of fire and torment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-09-2013, 11:32 AM
(12-09-2013 11:10 AM)absols Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 10:50 AM)sandman Wrote:  Ummm right.... Very deep Absols if you're high ... But it was just this issue that started me on the path to atheism.

then u r wrong, bc what i said is more atheist then atheism u know, it is to absolute objective ends
atheism unfortunately dont care about facts they mean their relative existence for a time

objectively absolutes are what exist, in that fact it is clear that any is always the same

then what is opposed to being right have to b forced to possessions as freedom rights are absolute existence realities ends

u should stop changing for a goal, and start by being for what u always are at least u could gain urself in whatever fact or end

[Image: tumblr_m2n7hoaRdd1r3k1m8o1_500.png]

12-09-2013, 12:41 PM
(12-09-2013 10:43 AM)absols Wrote:  hell as a concept is justified in the mean that existence is a true fact

Sorry to see you're still out of your pills.
Nothing you say makes any sense.
Nothing.
At all.

What "mean" are you talking about ?
I find the median is often a more useful stat, and the standard deviation, along with the median is even better.

(Don't tell me, I'm mean).

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2013, 12:59 PM
u mean means that u cant ever b related to true means

u invent urself by faking making beings ,,, which from another perspective confirm that u cant b ever related to anything true

while it is that u in depth always the same out

u really believe being smarter then absolutes knowledge, knowing how u enjoy abusing any absolute fact to force anything as being existing

idiot moron, absolutes is what exist only