K-Pop Anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 03:53 PM
K-Pop Anyone?
People will ask my favorite genre and I used to say K-pop before I was tired of the weird looks people gave me. I love Korean pop, it's amazing and can be quite shitty but I love a lot of it.

My favorite artists are BoA, Sistar, KARA (they disbanded Sad), SNSD, Ailee, Girl's Day, HyunA, and 4Minute. I've been trying to find new K-pop music/bands to listen to but I have no idea where to look. Hopefully someone here listens to it Smile

don't judge me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tiawia's post
28-02-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: K-Pop Anyone?
I know nothing about it really! Lol, but my boyfriend loves it.
Find all posts by this user
28-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I really love some kpop songs! I haven't looked much into it tbh, but I really like 4Minute and BoA Smile

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Used to listen to J-pop a lot. Does that interest you at all?
28-02-2016, 04:10 PM
I listen to the J pop Vinnie Colaiuta plays sessions on where he makes the electronic kit sound like a drum machine. Amazing drumming.

Unaware if he has done any K pop sessions.

Korean pop music always seems too "safe" to me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-02-2016, 05:07 PM
(28-02-2016 04:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I listen to the J pop Vinnie Colaiuta plays sessions on where he makes the electronic kit sound like a drum machine. Amazing drumming.

I am not familiar with J-pop at all really.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2016, 06:46 PM
The group I like the best is 4Minute. They sometimes aren't typical Kpop, which is maybe why I like them. I'm not a fan of the cutesie stuff. Here's a link to their recent video: http://youtu.be/D_F9HUTYnl0
25-03-2016, 12:05 AM
(28-02-2016 03:53 PM)Tiawia Wrote:  People will ask my favorite genre and I used to say K-pop before I was tired of the weird looks people gave me. I love Korean pop, it's amazing and can be quite shitty but I love a lot of it.

My favorite artists are BoA, Sistar, KARA (they disbanded Sad), SNSD, Ailee, Girl's Day, HyunA, and 4Minute. I've been trying to find new K-pop music/bands to listen to but I have no idea where to look. Hopefully someone here listens to it Smile

don't judge me
My best friend is very much into K-pop and J-pop (though being a son of English Punk and Alternative Bluegrass it's rather lost on me I fear Big Grin) but the next time I talk to her I'll pick her brain for some of her favorite bands and tell you what I learn!

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
25-03-2016, 03:26 AM
(28-02-2016 04:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I listen to the J pop Vinnie Colaiuta plays sessions on where he makes the electronic kit sound like a drum machine. Amazing drumming.

When I was young (he paused for several minutes to ponder. So long, in fact, that he forgot what he was typing) there wasn't any music genres. There was music and er ... well .... music really. Today's music must be so confusing. There's this genre and that genre. I think that I'm glad that I was young when I was young. Life was oh so simple them, or has time re-written every line?Big Grin

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
26-03-2016, 06:39 AM
(25-03-2016 03:26 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

When I was young (he paused for several minutes to ponder. So long, in fact, that he forgot what he was typing) there wasn't any music genres. There was music and er ... well .... music really. Today's music must be so confusing. There's this genre and that genre. I think that I'm glad that I was young when I was young. Life was oh so simple them, or has time re-written every line?Big Grin

How old are you? 100? Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-