KC's interpretation of the Creation Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 08:42 AM by kingschosen.)
RE: KC's interpretation of the Creation Account
(09-02-2012 03:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  The problem I have KC is there is *no* external reference mentioned there. It's all "this is what the Bible really means". The only reason you're forced into this torturous explanation is that we know that reality is at odds with the story if taken literally.

If we take the Bible as a collection of myths written by primitives there is no need for all this forced stuff. It's only if we want to find a way for it to be true that we have to resort to these gymnastics.

It's like this:
I say to your six year old cousin "last week it rained for the whole week". You're in Peru so you're like "OK geez that's hectic". But then you fly in to South Africa and you see that there's no evidence of that - the fields are bone dry where I live, the rivers aren't in flood.

And now, instead of considering the possibility that my statement was incorrect, you start making up reasons why it still is correct:
"He meant that somewhere in the world it rained for a whole week"
"It depends how you define rain"
"It did actually rain, just all the rivers drained really fast for some reason and the sun was really strong so it dried up the fields quickly".
"It's a story he told my cousin 'cos she's a baby and can't understand".

That's what you're doing, in my oh-so-humble opinion Tongue Intellectually you're capable of understanding that I could have lied to your cousin but you have so much faith in me that you will not consider that possibility as having any merit whatsoever, even when a bunch of other guys come up and start asking awkward questions...
Just to make that analogy clear:

I am the Bible. (NOT God).
Your cousin is the daft Hebrews who couldn't understand factual statements apparently.
"It rained for a week" is the creation account.
The dry fields and weakly flowing rivers are the evidence for the scientific viewpoint (analogous to the statement that whatever *did* happen, it sure as hell wasn't a one week thunderstorm).

It's not gymnastics... it's actually a more literal translation of the language and what is meant.
(09-02-2012 08:42 AM)lucradis Wrote:  But.... But.... That doesn't explain anything or make by sense..... You so crazay!

It's just a reinforcement of my interpretation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 08:52 AM
(09-02-2012 08:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That is 100% wrong and that is very narrow understanding of sin.

God created humans to sin. If He didn't then Christ would have no purpose. A perfect being cannot choose to be imperfect; therefore, man was created imperfect / sinful.

Spin it brother! Anyway it feels good and right to you.
Damn the evidence, reason and plain old common sense.
KC. Your position is 100% wrong but you have talked yourself into it so deeply that you are hopelessly and apparently helplessly stuck to it. So sad.

It's just stunning to me how people can talk themselves into this rubbish.
Does it make any sense to anyone who isn't peering through a sturdy pair of god glasses? Nope.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
09-02-2012, 09:30 AM
(09-02-2012 08:52 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 08:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That is 100% wrong and that is very narrow understanding of sin.

God created humans to sin. If He didn't then Christ would have no purpose. A perfect being cannot choose to be imperfect; therefore, man was created imperfect / sinful.

Spin it brother! Anyway it feels good and right to you.
Damn the evidence, reason and plain old common sense.
KC. Your position is 100% wrong but you have talked yourself into it so deeply that you are hopelessly and apparently helplessly stuck to it. So sad.

It's just stunning to me how people can talk themselves into this rubbish.
Does it make any sense to anyone who isn't peering through a sturdy pair of god glasses? Nope.

Still trying to convert me, eh?

09-02-2012, 09:44 AM
(09-02-2012 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Still trying to convert me, eh?

No. You have already stated that you are entrenched.
I think you really only show up here to preach and to feed your own arrogant (arrogant because you think you are special and "chosen") ego as the most vocal theist in the house.
At this point I laugh at you.

09-02-2012, 09:48 AM
(09-02-2012 09:44 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  

I think you really only show up here to preach and to feed your own arrogant (arrogant because you think you are special and "chosen") ego as the most vocal theist in the house.

1) I don't preach.
2) I discuss "Atheism and Theism" within the confines of the *gasp* Atheist and Theism forum.
3) I offer color and different point of view.

And, TT, your above statement screams bigotry, intolerance, and close-mindedness. Ironically, this is something atheists fight against.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Agreed. Especially the part about color.
[Image: rainbow_drawing-2046.jpg]

I'm in a pic posting mood today.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
(09-02-2012 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

1) I don't preach.
2) I discuss "Atheism and Theism" within the confines of the *gasp* Atheist and Theism forum.

And, TT, your above statement screams bigotry, intolerance, and close-mindedness. Ironically, this is something atheists fight against.

But there is a grain of truth to the charge of 'arrogance'. I mean - you're chosen, elect, and special, right? Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-02-2012, 09:54 AM
(09-02-2012 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  

1) I don't preach.

But there is a grain of truth to the charge of 'arrogance'. I mean - you're chosen, elect, and special, right? Angel

There is no way for him to know that. And he claims that even us atheists could be chosen. That our actions don't have any effect on our status. So I don't get that sense of arrogance from him.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
09-02-2012, 09:55 AM
(09-02-2012 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  

1) I don't preach.

Of course. But, my "arrogance" is confined to talks about theology. I don't try and goad theology out of every one just to say "haha, you're going to hell. I'm not. I'm elect."

In fact, I don't goad theology out of anyone. I discuss it in its proper place. There have been several times people take pot-shots at me over my beliefs in the most completely non-sequitur way.

09-02-2012, 10:05 AM
(09-02-2012 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) I don't preach.

Nope. You defend a defenseless position with great passion and have already stated your position is unchangeable. THAT my friend is close-mindedness feed by dogma.
You preach it. You are here for no other reason since you are the one who has stated that you are not going to change your position.
If that is truly the case, then you are here to preach.
I am most open to your god idea. Should ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE show up, I would change my stance in a jiffy.
Color? You provide color? Angry WTF? This isn't a television commentary booth. This is real life. It is a serious subject that continues to damage our world in spades.
Keep on touting your nonsense and I will keep on being "intolerant" of your wackiness.
Would it be "intolerant" of me to oppose teaching creation in Science class?
Nope.
It is that same type of "intolerance" I direct towards your wacky ideas.

[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post