KC's interpretation of the Creation Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 10:06 AM

RE: KC's interpretation of the Creation Account
The fact that KC is "ELECT" cracks me up.

He's a Southern Baptist Catholic! I love it!

Reminds me of a pal that feels he's one of the 140+K virgins in revelation (or how ever thats interpreted). HE is 42 years old, still a virgin and one of those folks SINGLED out by JC himself.

I am sure there are 1000's of ways to read and interpret the 140K+ (or what ever the number), but he's convinced its due to his virginity (with supporting versus) and the fact he's got that special decoder ring.

KC's elect, so he was CHOSEN before he was born. That stinks of Catholicism, and he currently goes to a southern baptist church...KC is our very own 'Southern Baptist Catholic".

Now we know, and knowledge is power!!

Not really trying to go out of my way to make fun of you KC, you just make it so easy.
We do love you, and no matter what you believe...we all feel you are not doomed to some terrible eternal fate for your beliefs. Sadly the reciprocal is not the same.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
09-02-2012, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 10:12 AM by kingschosen.)
(09-02-2012 10:06 AM)Denicio Wrote:  The fact that KC is "ELECT" cracks me up.

He's a Southern Baptist Catholic! I love it!

Reminds me of a pal that feels he's one of the 140+K virgins in revelation (or how ever thats interpreted). HE is 42 years old, still a virgin and one of those folks SINGLED out by JC himself.

I am sure there are 1000's of ways to read and interpret the 140K+ (or what ever the number), but he's convinced its due to his virginity (with supporting versus) and the fact he's got that special decoder ring.

KC's elect, so he was CHOSEN before he was born. That stinks of Catholicism, and he currently goes to a southern baptist church...KC is our very own 'Southern Baptist Catholic".

Now we know, and knowledge is power!!

Not really trying to go out of my way to make fun of you KC, you just make it so easy.
We do love you, and no matter what you believe...we all feel you are not doomed to some terrible eternal fate for your beliefs. Sadly the reciprocal is not the same.

D

Catholics subscribe to the Doctrine of Freewill and follow the teachings of Pelagius and Jacobus Arminius. Did you mean Calvinist?
(09-02-2012 10:05 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) I don't preach.
2) I discuss "Atheism and Theism" within the confines of the *gasp* Atheist and Theism forum.
3) I offer color and different point of view.

And, TT, your above statement screams bigotry, intolerance, and close-mindedness. Ironically, this is something atheists fight against.

Nope. You defend a defenseless position with great passion and have already stated your position is unchangeable. THAT my friend is close-mindedness feed by dogma.
You preach it. You are here for no other reason since you are the one who has stated that you are not going to change your position.
If that is truly the case, then you are here to preach.
I am most open to your god idea. Should ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE show up, I would change my stance in a jiffy.
Color? You provide color? Angry WTF? This isn't a television commentary booth. This is real life. It is a serious subject that continues to damage our world in spades.
Keep on touting your nonsense and I will keep on being "intolerant" of your wackiness.
Would it be "intolerant" of me to oppose teaching creation in Science class?
Nope.
It is that same type of "intolerance" I direct towards your wacky ideas.

So you just pretty much want a world of yourself. Any one who isn't yourself is wrong. Got ya.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 10:19 AM
(09-02-2012 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So you just pretty much want a world of yourself. Any one who isn't yourself is wrong. Got ya.

Take a peek at the video I posted on Confuzedsushi's thread titled "Your Favorite Atheist Speeches".

It's my way or the hot asphalt highway. Hmmm...Just like your gods view of things?

Nah, I think we can do much better than that.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 10:21 AM
(09-02-2012 10:19 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So you just pretty much want a world of yourself. Any one who isn't yourself is wrong. Got ya.

Take a peek at the video I posted on Confuzedsushi's thread titled "Your Favorite Atheist Speeches".

It's my way or the hot asphalt highway. Hmmm...Just like your gods view of things?

Nah, I think we can do much better than that.

Give me the gist of it. I can't watch videos from this network.

09-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't get it.
Not wanting to change ones opinion is them somehow preaching? You have to explain that one more fully TT, cause it sounds really thin.
Explaining ones position in order to have interesting debate is not preaching.
Just because he isn't open to accepting your idea of how life works doesn't mean he isn't up for debate. I mean... are you open to his idea? If not does that mean you're preaching? I'm confused.

Religion does cause serious problems in life. It is harmful and dangerous. One of the reasons why is because it is intolerant of other peoples beliefs. Sounds familiar.

Anyways this is a forum. It's where people come to discuss and debate. We can learn from one another. We don't all have to get along or agree.

On a lighter note... my kids taste in TV is just awful. She takes after her mother.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
09-02-2012, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 10:33 AM by TalladegaTom.)
(09-02-2012 10:25 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't get it.
You have to explain that one more fully TT...

Fair enough.
What is the point of the "If You HAD to Pick a Religion? thread if not to get the "discussion" geared on talking about religion as opposed to us talking about how to rid ourselves of it?
Hey, I fell for that one too. But I am getting wise to the method at work.
It is kind of a good strategy from his point of view I must admit.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
09-02-2012, 10:36 AM

(09-02-2012 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Catholics subscribe to the Doctrine of Freewill and follow the teachings of Pelagius and Jacobus Arminius. Did you mean Calvinist

Nope, i meant Southern Baptist Catholic.

I am Sarcastically Stereotyping.
Catholics are basically born into it, not need to Be saved or convert...they got it at the moment of erection (from their dad). So thats my Catholic slant (stereo type, not based on pure doctrine...quit taking yourself so seriously).
The Southern Baptist for the fact thats where you are going against all the rational folks in your life telling you to get the hell out.

You seem like a nice guy, your are honest and engage in lively discussion, but sadly i quit taking you seriously a while back...the whole predestination 'elect' thing is amusing, at best.

I've had Christian pals like you that evolve thru different ideology's thru the years.
From Berean Baptist to Southern Baptist to pre rapture to post rapture from literal to liberal and all points in between. They have scripture THEY read that spoke to THEM at the time that made sense, then it changed years later.

You see, when you spoke about ignoring good advise on the Church you go to because you feel god's got a purpose for you at that church....well, many of us Ex-Christians have done this dance and have played this game of cat and mouse. Its somewhat amusing to watch you from the outside go thru your rituals and motions.

And i am sorry to say, but the elect thing does smell of elitism. Just saying.
As arrogant as the Jews as chosen people (even though the OT shows them as idiots) you are equally as chosen.

Hey, wear the Southern Baptist Catholic title with Honor! After all, you...like the Jews, are CHOSEN! You get to sit at the adult table at JC's thanksgiving dinner with the family! Woo Hoo!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
09-02-2012, 10:39 AM
(09-02-2012 10:25 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 10:25 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't get it.
You have to explain that one more fully TT...

Fair enough.
What is the point of the "If You HAD to Pick a Religion? thread if not to get the "discussion" geared on talking about religion as opposed to us talking about how to rid ourselves of it?
Hey, I fell for that one too. But I am getting wise to the method at work.
It is kind of a good strategy from his point of view I must admit.

lol
wow
just wow

09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
TT you may just be a conspiracy theorist.

I thought that the idea was to get some interesting dialogue going. See why people would choose what they would choose. It was a fun thread. Hell I learned that I could be ordained as a minister in the church of Dude.
I don't think KC even commented on any of our choices. My guess was he just sat back and enjoyed the conversation.
If he had some ulterior motive to that one I would have to admit having missed it.
Really the thread I would have thought would be the closest to secret preaching would have been the ask a theist thread. But I personally got the impression that it was more as a gesture of good will towards a group that was interested in understanding the other side of the coin.
Hell man I might be completely wrong. He might be a total jesus douche. I don't know him at all. You could be right.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-02-2012, 10:50 AM
(09-02-2012 10:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hell man I might be completely wrong. He might be a total jesus douche. I don't know him at all. You could be right.

Ask germanyt.

He knows me IRL.