KC's pug

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: KC's pug
(14-06-2012 03:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I was thinking about using one of my golf discs but number one that would be blasphemy and number two there a lot heavier than a regular frisbee and Snuffy is a pretty small little terrorist.

Ah... of course; one's frisbee expertise is often in direct ratio to one's cannabis consumption, but I try not to make assumptions. I've noticed that there are some very light specialty discs - you might check out your pro shop. I think I have a glow in the dark one that is very light weight and quite thin, but still very durable. I think I've even seen a few smaller in circumference too, but I think those might be difficult to throw- for me at least.

The main reason I shelled out and I got one for my brother's dog was because when those cheap ones break, they shatter into sharp, brittle shards... the last thing I wanted was to treat a cut on that slobbering monster. The plastic of a pro disc has more actual natural rubber and won't shatter like that.

Ha -check out Muff's photo!! That's fantastic!! Here's another for more inspiration... in case Snuffy needs a Halloween costume. Smile
[Image: spiderpug.jpg]
Ok - might not work for Snuffy... maybe Dolly. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2012, 01:06 PM
That costume is awesome!

Here is Dolly and I from a couple of years back...
[Image: 2m81o92.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-06-2012, 01:09 PM
And Snuffy likes the Frisbee I bought her, but it's too heavy. I'm pretty sure my golf discs would be too heavy for her as well. There are apparently actual dog-friendly lightweight discs available so I shall be looking for one the next time I'm at the Doggie Store.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-06-2012, 01:42 PM
(16-06-2012 01:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And Snuffy likes the Frisbee I bought her, but it's too heavy. I'm pretty sure my golf discs would be too heavy for her as well. There are apparently actual dog-friendly lightweight discs available so I shall be looking for one the next time I'm at the Doggie Store.

That sounds great - I hear that Petco place is pretty cool -they're bound to have something like that, and you can even take Suffy shopping with you!! That would be fun! Smile

Awh Dolly... what a cutie... she looks just like you! Tongue
Ha -a perpetually stressed look, though - I guess those wrinkles are deceptive ... hers, I mean. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Check Petsmart too...I am pretty much making a trip there every week.

They have smaller tennis balls that are good for the small breeds too. My dogs like them a lot.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-06-2012, 06:13 PM
How pugs are made.

[Image: pug+factory-774936.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like FSM_scot's post
16-06-2012, 08:46 PM
(16-06-2012 06:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  How pugs are made.

[Image: pug+factory-774936.jpg]
[Image: rofl128420417966490000.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-06-2012, 01:53 PM
ERX..The trick to teaching frisbee is teaching the "catch" command. Start with a ball or some toy the dog likes- put into a sit and throw the toy until the dog gets this down varying the distance the dog is sitting from you-- from there transition to the frisbee and then keep going from there. Its actually quite easy to get them trained to catch a frisbee if they are "toy" motivated Smile ALSO.. as mine got better at it.. I found it useful to have them first run behind and around me while i threw the frisbee so they could time the catch.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
18-06-2012, 02:01 PM
(18-06-2012 01:53 PM)k37713 Wrote:  ERX..The trick to teaching frisbee is teaching the "catch" command. Start with a ball or some toy the dog likes- put into a sit and throw the toy until the dog gets this down varying the distance the dog is sitting from you-- from there transition to the frisbee and then keep going from there. Its actually quite easy to get them trained to catch a frisbee if they are "toy" motivated Smile ALSO.. as mine got better at it.. I found it useful to have them first run behind and around me while i threw the frisbee so they could time the catch.
Thanks, Kellie! I'll start working on the "catch." She's pretty good about chasing and even bringing it back (IF she wants me to throw it again). But I was wondering how to figure out how to get her to catch. Thanks a bunch for the tips. Smile

18-06-2012, 02:06 PM
(18-06-2012 01:53 PM)k37713 Wrote:  ERX..The trick to teaching frisbee is teaching the "catch" command. Start with a ball or some toy the dog likes- put into a sit and throw the toy until the dog gets this down varying the distance the dog is sitting from you-- from there transition to the frisbee and then keep going from there. Its actually quite easy to get them trained to catch a frisbee if they are "toy" motivated Smile ALSO.. as mine got better at it.. I found it useful to have them first run behind and around me while i threw the frisbee so they could time the catch.

It's amazing they can "time the catch", much the way an outfielder times catching a fly ball. It seems akin to the way one takes aim when shooting a gun -there is an assessed prediction going on there. Because of this, I think it's a good idea for pet owners to exercise that ability in their little companion beasts. Keeps em smart! Thumbsup

Consider hmm ... just in case... might want to also lock up any fire arms. Dodgy