KC transforms members into prehistoric animals.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
25-03-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: KC transforms members into prehistoric animals.
Working some up now.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
25-03-2014, 08:31 AM
haha! This is so cool!
25-03-2014, 08:34 AM
(25-03-2014 04:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 01:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Do I not get one? Sadcryface

Argentinosaurus: Good ol' Argentinosaurus was the largest sauropod so far discovered who's dimensions can be convincingly established.
Some estimate that this monstrosity weighed more than any other dinosaur, at over 100 tons.

[Image: argentinosaurusAB.jpg]

I was tempted to call on Amphicoelias fragillimus which some have estimated to be around 122 tons, but I'm not convinced of that given that we have no remaining fossils that as far as I am aware.

Completely verified, yes. Largest thought to be? No. That belongs to Amphicoelias... which towers over any competitors.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-03-2014, 08:36 AM
(25-03-2014 04:48 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 08:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The Dodo Bird isn't a dinosaur, is it? Hobo

Tongue

Since it was a bird, biologically speaking, it was a descendant of dinosaurs.

Taxonomically speaking, however, it was a dinosaur.

The difference is in the small details. Tongue

What Tart said.

It isn't a dinosaur. It's a bird. Moreover, it isn't a prehistoric animal. It existed during written history (same with auroch). It is simply an extinct animal.

25-03-2014, 08:39 AM
(25-03-2014 08:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Completely verified, yes. Largest thought to be? No. That belongs to Amphicoelias... which towers over any competitors.

According to wiki the bugger's MIA though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-03-2014, 08:40 AM
(25-03-2014 08:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Argentinosaurus: Good ol' Argentinosaurus was the largest sauropod so far discovered who's dimensions can be convincingly established.
Some estimate that this monstrosity weighed more than any other dinosaur, at over 100 tons.

[Image: argentinosaurusAB.jpg]

I was tempted to call on Amphicoelias fragillimus which some have estimated to be around 122 tons, but I'm not convinced of that given that we have no remaining fossils that as far as I am aware.

Completely verified, yes. Largest thought to be? No. That belongs to Amphicoelias... which towers over any competitors.

Well I did say that I wanted to use it initially, but we don't have anything backing up the field-notes from the 1870's since the only known sample disappeared, so I thought better to err on the side of caution and go for what was definitely the fattest thing around that we know of, than what might have actually been the fattest.
And by 'fattest', I mean weight by approximation.
And I pick on weight 'cause it's Hughsie.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Evenheathen – Coahuilaceratops
This impressive ceratopsian boasts something that even the famed triceratops cannot. He has the largest set of horns. He’s not afraid to flash them or use them.
[Image: TPiqPXc.jpg]

Lostandinsecure – Protoceratops
Probably one of the most well-known and absolutely beloved dinosaurs of all time was the protoceratops. Although she may have been small, we do know that she could handle herself against vicious predators like the velociraptor. We also know that she was an impressive procreator as many protoceratops eggs have been found.
[Image: 0HL9b6Y.jpg]

Dom – Lycaenops
This therapsid was a combination of mammal and reptile and like their close cousins the pelycosaurs, they are known as “mammal like reptiles”. The Lycaenops had adaptations of both a reptile and a mammal. It was sleek and beautiful. As an ambush predator, its prey rarely saw the attack coming; however, when it did happen, it was swift and lethal.
[Image: V6tKNm1.jpg]

Hughsie – Titanoceratops
For decades, the famous triceratops held the crown for the largest ceratopsian. Despite the large varieties that were found, none could stand up to it. That all changed when titanoceratops enter the picture. Built almost exactly like its smaller cousin, the triceratops, the titanoceratops is the god of the dinosaur world. Sure, T-Rex may have been king, but even he was subjugated by this monster. In the history of evolution, there has never been a more fearsome and impressive animal such as this. It was completely adapted for both offense and defense. It moved around like a crab – shuffling, side stepping, strafing. Its head pivoted on a ball joint to provide maximum protection. His frill was hard bone, he was covered in protective scutes, and his horns could impale just about anything he wanted. His size gave him extra credence as to his position of authority. He was extremely territorial, yet he grazed in herds with other animals that he accepted. It is believed that the less protected herbivores sought a symbiotic relationship with him and those like him so that they could be protected from predators. The titanoceratops was it. The top. The only creatures that rivaled him were the peace loving sauropods.
[Image: DAVbzUu.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
25-03-2014, 09:23 AM
(25-03-2014 08:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 08:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Completely verified, yes. Largest thought to be? No. That belongs to Amphicoelias... which towers over any competitors.

Well I did say that I wanted to use it initially, but we don't have anything backing up the field-notes from the 1870's since the only known sample disappeared, so I thought better to err on the side of caution and go for what was definitely the fattest thing around that we know of, than what might have actually been the fattest.
And by 'fattest', I mean weight by approximation.
And I pick on weight 'cause it's Hughsie.

True, but still. The same was said about the Spinosaurus until we found more fossils of it and it proved to be even bigger than we previously thought.

25-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Quote: It moved around like a crab

lolwut? What, all the time? Or only when it's threatened?
25-03-2014, 09:40 AM
(25-03-2014 09:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: It moved around like a crab

lolwut? What, all the time? Or only when it's threatened?

When threatened. Or when fighting. When roaming or grazing it acted like any other tetrapod.

New analysis shows that triceratops and its relatives hips weren't built like a rhino nor did it move around like a rhino as we previously thought. Its hips show that it was capable of quick 360 spins, side steps, and strafing. Which makes sense because they wanted to keep their head in front. This also shows that the triceratops didn't ram or charge like a rhino either, or if it did, it was very limited and over an extremely short distance.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post