KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
I do understand why Chas flew off the handle - this rep exchange wasn't very mature of KC.

Chas repped KC because he vehemently disagreed with a comment of KC's.

KC repped Chas because Chas repped him.

Chas' rep was legitimate - a legitimate opinion.

KC just retaliated. No substance other than that.

That's what I think this is about. If KC had repped Chas for something stupid Chas had said, a discussion might have ensued.

But KC just repped as payback.

So there you have it.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
19-11-2012, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 04:08 PM by kingschosen.)
Okay, I lied.

I am responding because I feel as if I need to because you continually throw insults my way.

(19-11-2012 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Once and for all, I did not call him a twit for being a Calvinist.

I called him a twit for being a twit. He is intellectually dishonest, irrational, delusional, and obtuse.

Wholly? Are in certain instances? If you say wholly, then you're being everything you just accused me of. Am I in regards to certain aspects of my life in reference to my religion? To outsiders - yes. To me - no. This isn't something I've ever hidden. I've always said that it was because of my faith that I'm able to do that.

That's something that you don't get. I know, I understand. That doesn't make me intellectually dishonest. It makes me intellectually dishonest according to YOUR standards and YOUR relativity, which I admit, if most often shared by most of the community.

The same goes for my "irrationality". I'm far more rational than most theists... take into account my belief in science and evolution.

According to you, I'm delusional (a thought shared by most everyone here), but again, that is relative. People who believe as I do wouldn't say that.

And obtuse? We'll get to that in a second... but, let's just say that I'm as lucid and calm as one can possibly be in my position.

Quote:He didn't and doesn't understand that his statement about eschewing reason for Biblical whatever disqualifies him from being considered rational.

This is also to FSM_scot as well:

My comment, while I'm not apologizing for it, is taken a little out of context. I used the Bible as my #1 authority in regards to God. That takes precedence over science, rationale, logic, etc; however, that does not mean that I follow the Bible's "science"? I mean... holy crap, guys... speaking of being obtuse. How many times have I complained about YECs? Christian Science? Kirk Cameron? How I even made a topic about the Bible not being 100% literal. Take my comment in context of what you know about me.

I follow the Bible first... in regards to what I know about God. I then glean everything else from science, logic, and rationale.

Quote:That so many of you give him props for being polite and amusing is, well, amusing.

I see kindness, politeness, and general common courtesy are lost on you.

Quote:But to have a site called The Thinking Atheist appoint this twit who neither thinks nor is an atheist as a moderator is appalling.

Oh, get over yourself. This isn't an atheist forum. I don't know how many times this has been addressed. You don't have some special claim over this place just because you identify yourself as an atheist.

My theism has 0% to do with my ability to moderate. Ask the other mods and admins... I'm a good moderator. You don't know half the crap that I do only a daily basis keeping this place clean... from banning bots, to fixing people's HTML, to approving threads, to sniffing out spammers... I do all of that... effectively and efficiently. Piss off. You have no idea.

Quote:I think this has been a burr under my saddle for a while, and his ignorant, blind, pathetic reaction to being called on his blatantly idiotic statement was the tipping point for me.

Cry me a river. I've been the exact same since I got here. I haven't changed. You all of a sudden got your panties in a wad about an asinine theistic comment I made in a thread that was ABOUT MY THEISM. Like I said... I have close to 6000 posts. There are literally thousands of posts over the past year you could have done this to, but you decided to throw your fit because of this.

And it's really okay. You've revealed your own bigotry in your comments. Someone doesn't think like you, you get mad, lash out at them, and then when they respond, you get your ball and go home. Adios.

Quote:If you consider my reaction childish, or boorish, or just impolite, that is your prerogative.

It's funny... people have often compared the actions of children and the elderly... now I see why. I deal with this type of behavior on a daily basis with my 3 year old.

Quote:I will sign off for a while as I need to go to the wake of an old friend. I will check back in later, but I don't think I'll be around very often.

I don't care if you leave or go. For my own selfish reasons, I would like you to say... despite your dickishness, there is still something I like about you. You can hate me, get pissed at me, or pout that I'm a moderator... I don't care. Your opinion of me affects my life 0%.

The fact that you care so much about me and what I do that you would leave because of me is confusing. I thought you were more logical than that.

Quote:You should consider getting one of those Satanists to be a moderator. Drinking Beverage

*rolls eyes*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-11-2012, 04:03 PM
(19-11-2012 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  I do understand why Chas flew off the handle - this rep exchange wasn't very mature of KC.

That's what I think this is about. If KC had repped Chas for something stupid Chas had said, a discussion might have ensued.

So there you have it.

Drinking Beverage
No, I negged him because he negged me for saying something that was "Christian like".

Look at it this way:

If you said, "Yeah, I don't believe in the Bible because I'm an atheist."

If I negged you for saying that would that be justified?

How is that any different?

Would you be justified in negging me back?

19-11-2012, 04:16 PM
(19-11-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is also to FSM_scot as well:

My comment, while I'm not apologizing for it, is taken a little out of context. I used the Bible as my #1 authority in regards to God. That takes precedence over science, rationale, logic, etc;

Its because I knew that's what you meant by your comment, is why I said it was stupid.

(19-11-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My theism has 0% to do with my ability to moderate. Ask the other mods and admins... I'm a good moderator. You don't know half the crap that I do only a daily basis keeping this place clean... from banning bots, to fixing people's HTML, to approving threads, to sniffing out spammers... I do all of that... effectively and efficiently. Piss off. You have no idea.

Agreed. If anyone is wondering, KC is a fucking great moderator. Has been since day one.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
19-11-2012, 04:25 PM
(19-11-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  I do understand why Chas flew off the handle - this rep exchange wasn't very mature of KC.

So there you have it.

Drinking Beverage
No, I negged him because he negged me for saying something that was "Christian like".

Look at it this way:

Not really.

This is an atheist forum, and the statement that the bible overrides everything else is a weird thing to us. It makes no sense to any of the people here, except maybe Egor and of course all the theists that get run off.

I think Chas was justified in giving the rep, it was his honest opinion and not out of place, given we are in an atheist forum.

So your example doesn't work.

But, let's assume this is a theist forum and I had said I don't believe in the bible because I am an atheist. So then someone reps me for it.

I gotta expect that in a theist forum, so I would not retaliate. I might try to explain or discuss instead.

I see reps as a way to state an opinion and communicate it to the person receiving the rep. You didn't do that. You just got pissed.

If you're going to hang in an atheist forum, you got to expect people to disagree, and sometimes to the point of being offended by what you say. It comes with the territory, and you shouldn't get peed over it and retaliate. Just accept that we don't think like you when it comes to religion.

Personally, I might dislike Calvinism more than some other christian religions, it seems very cold to me, but I have no desire to research and compare and form a definite opinion. So I haven't said anything nor have I repped you one way or another (I think, lol, the upside down dogs are repworthy come to think of it).

Anyway, I don't think you should have repped back, you should have just accepted that as atheist on his own turf, Chas was offended by what you said.

Men and testosterone at play here, me thinks.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-11-2012, 04:27 PM
KC is an excellent moderator. If anyone has an issue with him moderating, you can bring it to me. It was my idea, and it was one that turned out to benefit this forum more than I even expected.

Please direct all bitching about staff to my PM box, where I can more efficiently file it under "G".

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-11-2012, 04:31 PM
(19-11-2012 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  KC is an excellent moderator. If anyone has an issue with him moderating, you can bring it to me. It was my idea, and it was one that turned out to benefit this forum more than I even expected.

Please direct all bitching about staff to my PM box, where I can more efficiently file it under "G".

Moderating didn't come up in my conversation with KC. I am just trying to make sense of what happened.

19-11-2012, 04:32 PM
(19-11-2012 03:27 PM)Magoo Wrote:  TERSE AND DEADLY INCOMING!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chas leaving because of this shit!?

Seriously even I have more maturity than that!
If you have to say that in order to gang up on Chas, go ahead. The way I see it, everybody is equally appalling at the moment. First of all, if it seems like I am defending Chas it is because half of the fine people on this forum have the need, for some odd reason, to attack anyone who voices a complaint about somebody else in the forum. What is most notable is the way the majority of the staff handles it. Instead of attempting to keep a relative neutral stance on the thread, you guys immediately gang up on him?

Come to think of it, is this not why Red Celt left? The majority of the staff decided it would be fun to gang up on him and make fun of him. Is that not why N.EOhioAtheist left? You guys were calling him a pussy for not wanting to listen to the word nigger all day long. Then, when it decided to become hip, Earmuffs was ganged up on and threatened to leave. Jesus fucking Christ, you guys make me look fucking mature.

And it is not that you guys shouldn't voice your opinion, but it is the way you specifically target said person. I will admit, Chas probably should not have made this a thread, but come on, really? I wouldn't even risk sending a PM these days. Must I point out the several times StarkRaving, our own fucking admin, decided it would be "mature" to post it for the whole world to see? KC may not do it, but who the fuck knows? I don't know what to expect from you guys these days.

I apologize if I seem aggressive, or if I seem to be calling anyone out. Perhaps my perception is off. But, from my point of view, you guys are all acting like jerks atm. If you really think this thread is immature, stop fucking posting in it. Isn't that what you keep telling people? If you don't like it, ignore it? So fucking drop it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
19-11-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 04:42 PM by kingschosen.)
(19-11-2012 04:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I negged him because he negged me for saying something that was "Christian like".

Look at it this way:

Not really.

This is an atheist forum, and the statement that the bible overrides everything else is a weird thing to us. It makes no sense to any of the people here, except maybe Egor and of course all the theists that get run off.

I think Chas was justified in giving the rep, it was his honest opinion and not out of place, given we are in an atheist forum.

So your example doesn't work.

But, let's assume this is a theist forum and I had said I don't believe in the bible because I am an atheist. So then someone reps me for it.

I gotta expect that in a theist forum, so I would not retaliate. I might try to explain or discuss instead.

I see reps as a way to state an opinion and communicate it to the person receiving the rep. You didn't do that. You just got pissed.

If you're going to hang in an atheist forum, you got to expect people to disagree, and sometimes to the point of being offended by what you say. It comes with the territory, and you shouldn't get peed over it and retaliate. Just accept that we don't think like you when it comes to religion.

Personally, I might dislike Calvinism more than some other christian religions, it seems very cold to me, but I have no desire to research and compare and form a definite opinion. So I haven't said anything nor have I repped you one way or another (I think, lol, the upside down dogs are repworthy come to think of it).

Anyway, I don't think you should have repped back, you should have just accepted that as atheist on his own turf, Chas was offended by what you said.

Men and testosterone at play here, me thinks.
Wait, so it's okay for someone to get offended at me because it's an "atheist forum"? But, it's not okay for me to respond to a comment that I felt was unfair and unwarranted?

Listen to yourself. That's ridiculous. That's bigotry. I know you're not like that, Dom. Take a step back from your atheism and look at this rationally and without prejudice.

The comment was harmless in regards to my theism (which everyone is abundantly aware of). Why fly off the handle because of it? And, how am I not justified for calling him out on his pettiness?

There is no difference in my example and what Chas did. You can literally switch out words and it would be the same.

The only difference is who is acting upon whom... and that seems to be okay with you.

Wow. Continually shocked that the Christian gets labeled as obtuse and irrational.

Edit: And yeah, you would probably be negged on a theism forum, but theists aren't exactly known for being tolerant. The tolerant bunch is supposedly atheists.

Moreover, I would never, NEVER neg someone over saying something I didn't agree with or a difference in opinions. I could never justify that. Heck, I would be even hard pressed to neg someone whose belief is inherently offensive to my beliefs.

By your logic, I should neg all the Satanists on the board out of principle.

Tell me again... how is this different?

19-11-2012, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 04:45 PM by Logica Humano.)
What the fuck, KC? How in the shit is any of that bigotry? Is this argument too unfair for you?

It is not that you are Christian, it is that you are irrational. You see the way I address those Satanists? They are atheists, but I think they are irrational as well, and I really let lose with the insults on them. You come onto an atheist forum, announce your Calvanism, and expect people not to call you irrational. What the hell else do you expect? I wouldn't go on a Muslim forum and yell "Fuck Allah" expecting to get Muslim friends lovin' on me.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]