KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 04:44 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
So, first Chas gets upset, then KC gets upset, then Chas gets more upset, then lord knows who all gets bent out of shape... for what?

Logica is correct in saying it's immature.

Now let's get over this. Chas is a great member here, and so is KC. So they don't agree, and maybe KC got a bit out of line giving a retaliatory bad rep (never a good idea, really).

I don't want to see anyone leaving here. Driving great contributors off in in no one's best interest.

So, boys, suck it up and get over it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Someone starting an attack thread and then leaving because they get attacked in return is incredibly hypocritical. Asserting that anyone pointing this out is "attacking" him is jumping to conclusions about the motives of those posting. KC can defend himself with regards to the claims but the whole point of this thread was Chas trying to make himself seem superior to another member. Childish.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
19-11-2012, 04:47 PM
(19-11-2012 04:39 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What the fuck, KC? How in the shit is any of that bigotry? Is this argument too unfair for you?

It is not that you are Christian, it is that you are irrational. You see the way I address those Satanists? They are atheists, but I think they are irrational as well, and I really let lose with the insults on them. You come onto an atheist forum, announce your Calvanism, and expect people not to call you irrational. Wow.
No.

I never said that.

I fully expect that.

What I'm saying is the "well yeah, suck it up, you're on an atheist site, they have a right to say that, you can't say anything" type of response.

Also, Dom:

It wasn't retaliatory. I feel I was very justified in my response.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-11-2012, 04:48 PM
(19-11-2012 04:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  KC is an excellent moderator. If anyone has an issue with him moderating, you can bring it to me. It was my idea, and it was one that turned out to benefit this forum more than I even expected.

Please direct all bitching about staff to my PM box, where I can more efficiently file it under "G".

Moderating didn't come up in my conversation with KC. I am just trying to make sense of what happened.
My comment was not directed at you. It was directed at the entire forum.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-11-2012, 04:49 PM
(19-11-2012 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not really.

This is an atheist forum, and the statement that the bible overrides everything else is a weird thing to us. It makes no sense to any of the people here, except maybe Egor and of course all the theists that get run off.

I think Chas was justified in giving the rep, it was his honest opinion and not out of place, given we are in an atheist forum.

So your example doesn't work.

But, let's assume this is a theist forum and I had said I don't believe in the bible because I am an atheist. So then someone reps me for it.

I gotta expect that in a theist forum, so I would not retaliate. I might try to explain or discuss instead.

I see reps as a way to state an opinion and communicate it to the person receiving the rep. You didn't do that. You just got pissed.

If you're going to hang in an atheist forum, you got to expect people to disagree, and sometimes to the point of being offended by what you say. It comes with the territory, and you shouldn't get peed over it and retaliate. Just accept that we don't think like you when it comes to religion.

Personally, I might dislike Calvinism more than some other christian religions, it seems very cold to me, but I have no desire to research and compare and form a definite opinion. So I haven't said anything nor have I repped you one way or another (I think, lol, the upside down dogs are repworthy come to think of it).

Anyway, I don't think you should have repped back, you should have just accepted that as atheist on his own turf, Chas was offended by what you said.

Men and testosterone at play here, me thinks.
Wait, so it's okay for someone to get offended at me because it's an "atheist forum"? But, it's not okay for me to respond to a comment that I felt was unfair and unwarranted?

Listen to yourself. That's ridiculous. That's bigotry. I know you're not like that, Dom. Take a step back from your atheism and look at this rationally and without prejudice.

The comment was harmless in regards to my theism (which everyone is abundantly aware of). Why fly off the handle because of it? And, how am I not justified for calling him out on his pettiness?

There is no difference in my example and what Chas did. You can literally switch out words and it would be the same.

The only difference is who is acting upon whom... and that seems to be okay with you.

Wow. Continually shocked that the Christian gets labeled as obtuse and irrational.

Edit: And yeah, you would probably be negged on a theism forum, but theists aren't exactly known for being tolerant. The tolerant bunch is supposedly atheists.

Moreover, I would never, NEVER neg someone over saying something I didn't agree with or a difference in opinions. I could never justify that. Heck, I would be even hard pressed to neg someone whose belief is inherently offensive to my beliefs.

By your logic, I should neg all the Satanists on the board out of principle.

Tell me again... how is this different?

You posted this while I was making my last post. I don't want to get into it - why? See my previous post. If you still want to talk about it after we all slept on it, I will continue then. OK?

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-11-2012, 04:51 PM
(19-11-2012 04:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Someone starting an attack thread and then leaving because they get attacked in return is incredibly hypocritical. Asserting that anyone pointing this out is "attacking" him is jumping to conclusions about the motives of those posting. KC can defend himself with regards to the claims but the whole point of this thread was Chas trying to make himself seem superior to another member. Childish.

Chas didn't "leave" - he went someplace he had to go in real life and he said he would be back.

19-11-2012, 04:52 PM
My misunderstanding then.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
19-11-2012, 04:52 PM
(19-11-2012 04:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait, so it's okay for someone to get offended at me because it's an "atheist forum"? But, it's not okay for me to respond to a comment that I felt was unfair and unwarranted?

Listen to yourself. That's ridiculous. That's bigotry. I know you're not like that, Dom. Take a step back from your atheism and look at this rationally and without prejudice.

The comment was harmless in regards to my theism (which everyone is abundantly aware of). Why fly off the handle because of it? And, how am I not justified for calling him out on his pettiness?

There is no difference in my example and what Chas did. You can literally switch out words and it would be the same.

The only difference is who is acting upon whom... and that seems to be okay with you.

Wow. Continually shocked that the Christian gets labeled as obtuse and irrational.

Edit: And yeah, you would probably be negged on a theism forum, but theists aren't exactly known for being tolerant. The tolerant bunch is supposedly atheists.

Moreover, I would never, NEVER neg someone over saying something I didn't agree with or a difference in opinions. I could never justify that. Heck, I would be even hard pressed to neg someone whose belief is inherently offensive to my beliefs.

By your logic, I should neg all the Satanists on the board out of principle.

Tell me again... how is this different?

You posted this while I was making my last post. I don't want to get into it - why? See my previous post. If you still want to talk about it after we all slept on it, I will continue then. OK?
Fine by me.

I'm not going anywhere Drinking Beverage

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-11-2012, 04:55 PM
(19-11-2012 04:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Someone starting an attack thread and then leaving because they get attacked in return is incredibly hypocritical. Asserting that anyone pointing this out is "attacking" him is jumping to conclusions about the motives of those posting. KC can defend himself with regards to the claims but the whole point of this thread was Chas trying to make himself seem superior to another member. Childish.
And if KC is perfectly capable of defending himself, let the two get a room. I was fully expecting Erx to force the two to make it a PM instead of allowing this pointless thread to continue, but nope. Yet again, a shining moment for the staff.

(19-11-2012 04:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:39 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What the fuck, KC? How in the shit is any of that bigotry? Is this argument too unfair for you?

It is not that you are Christian, it is that you are irrational. You see the way I address those Satanists? They are atheists, but I think they are irrational as well, and I really let lose with the insults on them. You come onto an atheist forum, announce your Calvanism, and expect people not to call you irrational. Wow.
No.

I never said that.

I fully expect that.

What I'm saying is the "well yeah, suck it up, you're on an atheist site, they have a right to say that, you can't say anything" type of response.

Also, Dom:

It wasn't retaliatory. I feel I was very justified in my response.
You make a comment about the Bible, you get a negative rep, and? Yeah? Were you expecting a cookie? As Chas said, it wasn't just your post about the Bible, but rather a fermenting pile of discontent towards you.

I am leaving this thread, I can see that it is getting nowhere.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
19-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I didn't start the thread. Chas didn't get the gangbang he wanted and your suggestion is for us to just ignore it? He wanted it public.

I also don't understand how this is a failing of any of the staff.

—Thomas Henry Huxley