KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 05:03 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
Wow, reading all this was painful at best.

Aside from Stark and Logica (apart from his comments about staff which I strongly disagree with) I don't think anyone has excelled themselves in this thread.

Maybe everyone should go away and calm down for a while before deciding whether to continue with this, and maybe if they still want to continue with it it should be by PM.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
19-11-2012, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 05:11 PM by kingschosen.)
(19-11-2012 04:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Someone starting an attack thread and then leaving because they get attacked in return is incredibly hypocritical. Asserting that anyone pointing this out is "attacking" him is jumping to conclusions about the motives of those posting. KC can defend himself with regards to the claims but the whole point of this thread was Chas trying to make himself seem superior to another member. Childish.
And if KC is perfectly capable of defending himself, let the two get a room. I was fully expecting Erx to force the two to make it a PM instead of allowing this pointless thread to continue, but nope. Yet again, a shining moment for the staff.

(19-11-2012 04:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No.

I never said that.

I fully expect that.

What I'm saying is the "well yeah, suck it up, you're on an atheist site, they have a right to say that, you can't say anything" type of response.

Also, Dom:

It wasn't retaliatory. I feel I was very justified in my response.
You make a comment about the Bible, you get a negative rep, and? Yeah? Were you expecting a cookie? As Chas said, it wasn't just your post about the Bible, but rather a fermenting pile of discontent towards you.
Then why continually engage me if you have discontent? For a year?

Why continually address me and my theism in a thread I created about my theism?

Why not be like you? When you had enough of me, you disengaged me. That is something I highly respect, and laud you for.

And here's something else:

What is the crux of this "fermenting heap of discontent"?

My theism, right? Sure, it may be my "irrationality" or "delusion" but what is the starting point?

Right... my theism.

So, his discontent for me (as well as yours because you've admitted you like me otherwise) is because of my Christianity. Did he neg me for acting like a jerk? Did he neg me for being offensive (real offensive; not the offensive to rationality BS)? Did he neg me for preaching? Did he neg me for not engaging in conversation

No. He negged me for, at the root of it, being a Christian and holding a Christian belief.

He finally got tired of my "Christianess" and lashed out.

That's fine, but you can sure bet I'm going to call him on it and neg him because of that type of behavior.

I would also like to point out I would have negged anyone for this. I negged Egor for the same reasons back in the day. He lashed out at people for disagreeing with him, and I negged him for it.

It has nothing to do with being retaliatory. It has everything to do with expressing my discontent over someone's behavior, which I feel needs a negative response.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Logica, why are you defending Chas when he makes an entire thread and starts hating on KC, simply because he thinks his arguments are irrational?? Then you go and blame it all on KC and ask him was he expecting a cookie for being a calvanist?? Da fuq?
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
19-11-2012, 05:27 PM
KC, you're a twit.
(19-11-2012 05:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wow, reading all this was painful at best.

Aside from Stark and Logica (apart from his comments about staff which I strongly disagree with) I don't think anyone has excelled themselves in this thread.

Maybe everyone should go away and calm down for a while before deciding whether to continue with this, and maybe if they still want to continue with it it should be by PM.

The aardvark has done nothing wrong here, so fuck you Hughsie. Tongue

Logica, what would you like "the staff" to do. We are not going to force people to handle their grievances in private. The suggestion was made to make this a one on one discussion, but neither party accepted the invitation to do so. Meanwhile, the sharks in the water smell blood so we must all jump into the melee now.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 05:36 PM
KC, you're a twit.
Kingsy, I don't see the bigotry you're feeling. I too cringed and facepalmed when you essentially said you start with faith and if something seems contradictory, you'll stick with faith. (If I've misrepresented you, I apologize). It's hard to see how someone can be called a critical thinker for such a stance. Indeed, it's what we all blast WLC for on a regular basis, so you should not be surprised that a Free-Thinker is going to call you out on that. As to things escalating from there into ad hominening each other (mostly started by Chas) and the peanut gallery escalating the conflict, well, it's not very mature, but it is what happens in Forum Life. It doesn't mean it's bigotry. It does show more frustration than is probably warranted.

In the end, let's all sit down and eat turkey together and pass the pumpkin pie, because that's what family does.

Now, Logica, can you please pass the stuffing and gravy?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 05:38 PM
(19-11-2012 05:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kingsy, I don't see the bigotry you're feeling. I too cringed and facepalmed when you essentially said you start with faith and if something seems contradictory, you'll stick with faith. (If I've misrepresented you, I apologize). It's hard to see how someone can be called a critical thinker for such a stance. Indeed, it's what we all blast WLC for on a regular basis, so you should not be surprised that a Free-Thinker is going to call you out on that. As to things escalating from there into ad hominening each other (mostly started by Chas) and the peanut gallery escalating the conflict, well, it's not very mature, but it is what happens in Forum Life. It doesn't mean it's bigotry. It does show more frustration than is probably warranted.

In the end, let's all sit down and eat turkey together and pass the pumpkin pie, because that's what family does.

The bigotry is saying that Chas was warranted in his actions, but I'm not warranted in mine because "this is an atheist forum and I should just expect that sort of thing".

Edit: I also explain my comment earlier.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-11-2012, 05:40 PM
KC, you're a twit.
(19-11-2012 05:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 05:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kingsy, I don't see the bigotry you're feeling. I too cringed and facepalmed when you essentially said you start with faith and if something seems contradictory, you'll stick with faith. (If I've misrepresented you, I apologize). It's hard to see how someone can be called a critical thinker for such a stance. Indeed, it's what we all blast WLC for on a regular basis, so you should not be surprised that a Free-Thinker is going to call you out on that. As to things escalating from there into ad hominening each other (mostly started by Chas) and the peanut gallery escalating the conflict, well, it's not very mature, but it is what happens in Forum Life. It doesn't mean it's bigotry. It does show more frustration than is probably warranted.

The bigotry is saying that Chas was warranted in his actions, but I'm not warranted in mine because "this is an atheist forum and I should just expect that sort of thing".

Fair enough. That is an inequality, and it's not something I myself would agree is correct.

EDIT: by correct, I mean it's not a correct thing to do, but it's certainly a correct observation on your part.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 08:09 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Well that was a sobering experience. Felt like I just watched an atomic bomb go off. A shame that two such respected members had to fight so bitterly.

Hopefully things are going to cool down now and no more frenzies will form. Valuable lessons can be learned from such ugly events.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-11-2012, 05:49 PM
(19-11-2012 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well that was a sobering experience. Felt like I just watched an atom bomb go off. A shame that two such respected members had to fight so bitterly.

Hopefully things are going to cool down now and no more frenzies will form. Valuable lessons can be learned from such ugly events.
Oh, it's not over. One of three things will happen:

A) Chas will come back, read all the comments that have flown back and forth on here and continue.
B) Somebody makes a dumbass remark that sets it all off again.
C) Memes will begin to flood the thread until, eventually, we argue about something else that has no relevance.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
19-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, but this is my last comment today, it's starting to get dark and I have a storm coming my way and need to batten down the hatches.

This is to KC.

I still don't think you should have repped back, to be honest it strikes me as a child striking back. But, never mind that anymore, we just won't see eye to eye on it.

But I want to say something about you and me, and about theists and atheists.

I like you as a person, you are funny, seem smart and the upside down dogs never fail to make me laugh.

But, I stay away from your threads because I never know whether they will be a general topic we could communicate on, or whether they will be about your theism. Some of the theist things you say make me want to scream and bang my head against the wall.

So I tippy-toe around you.

So we get to a philosophical question. Just how much of our theism or atheism is a major part of our personality? I know I could not last in a theist forum, even if they welcomed me. I would constantly be biting my tongue, or I would be discussing theism versus atheism until they got sick and tired of me. I could not stand being apart of a theist forum. So I think atheism is very much a large part of my personality. That doesn't mean I don't have theist friends in real life - I do. But we don't talk about religion. There is plenty of general human stuff to talk about.

You, on the other hand, seem to be doing fine here. I know sometimes things get under your skin, you have said so. But you have been around for a long time and seem to take it in stride that no one agrees with your theism.

So I wonder, how big a part of your personality is your theism? It must be substantial, because you keep talking about it. In that, it is different from my other theist friends, we never talk about it. We know where we stand on it, and that is enough.

Now here you are in an atheist forum and obviously atheism is going to be the main topic. You can't seriousy be offended because people don't go for your theism, and as calvinist, from what I understand, there is no reason for you to try to convert people. So, why do you make statements about how the bible overrides everything else? What is there to be gained by it? Is it that we listen more than most christians?

You seem upset that people get upset at theist opinions. But - that's who we are here. Atheists. And quite a few of us had horrible religious experiences. So we come here, to be among like-minded folk.

So, personally I would be quite happy to hang with you, but like I said, some of your theist comments make me want to scream and bang my head.

I can see how Chas lost it, it was probably just the point at which he did scream and bang his head.

Anyway, I don't really know where I am going with this. I am fine with the way things are, I wish I didn't have to avoid your threads though.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post