KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
Alright, since apparently I am one of the last to be invited to the party, here is A2's childish perspective on this problem.

Chas: good reason to post, bad execution.

KC: Dude, it's chas... What the hell do you expect him to do when he is challenged on a point that he considers unfair?

Everybody else: How about we go for some beers! On me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 06:23 PM by Stark Raving.)
[Image: kEeoS.jpg]

[Image: 1240412963570.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
19-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Oh my, what a shitstorm in a teapot.

(19-11-2012 12:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Would either of you care to name a theist you think IS intellectually honest then?

I realize this question was not directed at me, BeardedClam (why haven't I thought of that one before Big Grin ), but I'll answer it anyway. I work with plenty of brilliant research scientists from a variety of disciplines who still maintain their religious beliefs. But they use them to guide their moral compass, they don't view their religious beliefs as inconsistent with their daily rational work. Compartmentalization? Sure. Cognitive dissonance? Sure. But intellectually dishonest? No. Most of them realize it's cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization and know exactly what they're doing. I think KC is also well aware of this. And that's how I interpreted KC's comment "My theology could be affected by a number of reasons; however, Biblical alignment takes precedence over science, history, logic, rationale, etc." It was made in the context of things which could affect his theology, his moral compass. Was it poorly worded? Clearly. Does it warrant all this attention? Like I said, shitstorm in a teapot.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-11-2012, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 09:53 PM by kingschosen.)
(19-11-2012 05:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, why do you make statements about how the bible overrides everything else? What is there to be gained by it?
I was asked.

I didn't run up to people and say it. I was asked. Plain and simple.

Edit: I'll address the rest later, Dom.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-11-2012, 10:11 PM
(19-11-2012 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well that was a sobering experience. Felt like I just watched an atomic bomb go off. A shame that two such respected members had to fight so bitterly.

Hopefully things are going to cool down now and no more frenzies will form. Valuable lessons can be learned from such ugly events.
I know you didn't mean it like this, but I would like to point out something:

I didn't fight.
I was minding my own business.
I was doing EXACTLY as I've always done in one of my oldest threads.
I was negged over something silly.
I responded to that silly notion.
I was then verbally and publicly attacked.

I did nothing but defend myself.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

For whatever reason, certain people get it in their heads that I'm just all of a sudden intolerable.

It is a common trend (as it's happened more times than I can count) to have a good ole KC bash... unprovoked... unwarranted.

I take it in stride, though. However, it never fails... I mean NEVER fails that when I show up to defend myself, someone is like, "KC just let it go" or "Stop fighting" or "Y'all just need to piss off."

These are the actions, and I'm addressing everyone here, that piss me off. And really, put yourselves in my situation... it would piss anyone off...

...minding my own business, someone picks a fight, and when I start to defend myself, I get told to stop fighting.

Maybe I just have blinders on, I don't know, but I've never seen anyone else on the forum treated like this so consistently. Red Celt comes to mind. I was literally not even talking to him; not even addressing anything to do with theism, and then I get attacked. I defend myself, and I get told to "piss off" by other members.

Yeah, I'm a nice guy... yeah, I let a lot go... yeah, I'm pretty much immune to insults... blah blah blah... but enough is enough. If someone picked a fight with YOU (anyone of you), I'm not going to be like "Dude, seriously... you just need to stop."

I would be all for you defending yourself and shutting the other person up. If they want to make public spectacle of it and drag you into it, then you should be free to at least defend yourself without it being made as if you're just "fighting".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Might I be able to interject for a minute? Yes, good. Okay.

If I get the gist of this bitch-slap fest; Chas neg-repped KC for:
Quote: For stating "Biblical alignment takes precedence over science, history, logic, rationale, etc"

KC took that as meaning the neg was given for him saying something "Christian-like". (granted that is a highly irrational position, common to Christians.) And as such, responded in kind:
Quote: *rolls eyes* For negging me for being a Christian and saying something "Christian like".

And as such Chas started this thread in retaliation.

Okay, not that that is out of the way, I would like to begin by saying that frankly I don't give two shits about KC, or anybody else getting/being offended at the time of their rep-replies to one another.

KC, what I don't understand is why you of all people here began throwing punches, turn the other cheek and what not, after all the bable takes precedence over rational, does it not?

I do not see any utterance of the phrase "Christian like" anywhere in Chas's rep, so the fact that it is a common (and silly if you ask me) position to take for Christians, in my experience, is irrelevant.
KC, as you probably know by now I have absolutely no and will not respect for your beliefs as they do not need nor require respect, so before I go on a tirade about them I will state now: Your quoted position is in fact irrational, which would appear to be the reasoning for Chas's neg-rep if he is to believed.

The fact that you believed his comment about your irrationality was targeted at your Christianity would appear to be misguided, and lets face it, your beliefs don't appear to be all that guided in the first place.

That being said Chas did not need to create this thread and was himself being irrational by putting his personal grievance at your retaliation in the forms as this thread, in stead of taking it to a private area, simply because anybody can see reps, doesn't mean reps are a issue the greater public needs to know about should a disagreement arise through them.

I'm not being to start a thread about Egor neg-repping me for similar reasons (disagreement and my neg-rep of him) as KC did.

And besides, both your reps are high enough that it shouldn't really bother either of you, if you get a few stains of your otherwise massively positive reps lists.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-11-2012, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 12:37 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Yeah, I didn't mean it like that at all. The reason I referred to it as a fight is because of harsh language used by both sides. Whether your defensive response in criticizing his behavior was justifiable is irrelevant to my choice of terminology since it simply would have added more fuel to the fire either way. Yeah, Chas was acting in an extremely abrasive and perhaps unnecessarily harsh manner, but since you called him abrasive and immature, it doesn't matter whether it was correct or warranted, in his anger it would have elicited a caustic response regardless. Then that would have elicited a caustic response from you, etc., etc., etc. That's why I called it a fight, I wasn't trying to impart judgement on whether or not it was the right thing to do.

The way I see it, you both snapped over boiling tensions. Chas, who is constantly angered by what he sees as mockery of intellectually honesty and critical thinking, lost his shit over one of your comments. Yeah, it wasn't really that unique compared to the hundreds of others comments you've made that he disagrees with, but it just happened to be the one that finally burst open the floodgates. Then you in return finally became sick and tired of what you saw as continuous vitriol that was unwarranted and personally targeted. I can easily see why you both lost your shit.

Like many here, I don't think this thread should ever have been created and would have better been dealt with through private messages. This kind of shit is never fun to watch.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-11-2012, 12:06 AM
KC, you're a twit.
KC, you've been Sauced, friend.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Unsure

...For whatever it's worth; I'm completely indifferent to KC, but I rather like Chas.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 03:40 AM
(19-11-2012 01:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I suddenly feel like watching Iron Man...

I am NOT HAPPY with the lack of a Gwyneth Paltrow action figure. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post