KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
(20-11-2012 10:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 10:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  What Cufflink addressed is the crux of the problem and why I negged Chas.

At its root, Chas negged me because of my belief... he then wrapped it up like it was something offensive I said to general intelligence.

No, he negged me because he got tired of my "irrationality" which is portrayed in my beliefs. Looking back, it's pretty obvious Chas just reached a boiling point.

Does that make it okay? Depends on who you ask. Was my neg justified. Again, depends on who you ask.

I felt it was because I negged on behavior. I don't think anyone should ever be negged on basis of beliefs. If that's the case, I should neg the Satanists on principle... just for being a Satanist... likewise, all atheists should neg theists on principle as well.

That's not a true representation of someone's persona on the forum.

Now, if one of the Satanists was continually a dick... insulted me... ignored my questions... etc, then I might have cause to neg him. Why? Because his actions as a poster are not positive. It wouldn't have anything to do with his religion.

Can you really say that Chas' neg had nothing to do with my Christianity?

Just because Chas reached his boiling point does in no way mean that he or anyone else has to always neg everyone who is annoying, intellectually offensive or any other quality. That's not a good argument.

Yes I think it had to do with christianity, and if I saw the point of negging in general I might neg it too. It is, in my eyes, the one negative about you. But then I would have to give you a positive too, for the upside down dogs, and it would balance out.

What worries me more is why it got you so upset that you have to neg back in a flash.

What does it matter? Why do you have to shoot back? What is the benefit of that? Nothing I can see. Absolutely nothing to be gained.

So Chas exploded at religion. Why make it personal? It's not you, it's your religion. On one hand you want us to always see the difference, to seperate the person from the belief, on the other you act like it was one and the same.
I've said it several times. I negged back because of the behavior. I would do that to anyone; and I have. The Theist and Egor come to mind... Trainwreck too.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 10:22 AM
He may have rushed to judgement about Chas insulting his religion as opposed to it being about him on a personal level, but then Chas starts this thread and justifies it.

Who gives a fuck about the ratings? Do you think Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Dennett, James Randi, or anyone else cares if people have a negative view of them? Someone got their feelings hurt because a negative rep went under their name and everyone has a goddamn hiss fit.

Will everyone please just negative rep the hell out of me? Why should I care?

Damnit, HoC was right again. The world doesn't make sense any more.

My whole life has just been
[Image: CtipW.gif]

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-11-2012, 10:23 AM
(20-11-2012 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 10:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just because Chas reached his boiling point does in no way mean that he or anyone else has to always neg everyone who is annoying, intellectually offensive or any other quality. That's not a good argument.

Yes I think it had to do with christianity, and if I saw the point of negging in general I might neg it too. It is, in my eyes, the one negative about you. But then I would have to give you a positive too, for the upside down dogs, and it would balance out.

What worries me more is why it got you so upset that you have to neg back in a flash.

What does it matter? Why do you have to shoot back? What is the benefit of that? Nothing I can see. Absolutely nothing to be gained.

So Chas exploded at religion. Why make it personal? It's not you, it's your religion. On one hand you want us to always see the difference, to seperate the person from the belief, on the other you act like it was one and the same.
I've said it several times. I negged back because of the behavior. I would do that to anyone; and I have. The Theist and Egor come to mind... Trainwreck too.
What? Because he neg repped? You are comparing Chas' behavior to Egor (a person who believes atheists are useless and is offensive), TrainWreck (a racist and offensive idealist), and The Theist (a person you disagree with theologically)?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
20-11-2012, 10:25 AM
(20-11-2012 10:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He may have rushed to judgement about Chas insulting his religion as opposed to it being about him on a personal level, but then Chas starts this thread and justifies it.

Who gives a fuck about the ratings? Do you think Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Dennett, James Randi, or anyone else cares if people have a negative view of them? Someone got their feelings hurt because a negative rep went under their name and everyone has a goddamn hiss fit.

I agree, I do not really care about rep either. I think it is because of the principle of the matter though. Drinking Beverage

20-11-2012, 10:26 AM
See what happens when you have no Gwynnies? Big Grin

...and there's nothing else going on - the satanists are not amusing - but the persnickety petulant pair are still putting on a good show. At least until I go back to sucking at Halo team slayer. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-11-2012, 10:26 AM
(20-11-2012 10:23 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've said it several times. I negged back because of the behavior. I would do that to anyone; and I have. The Theist and Egor come to mind... Trainwreck too.
What? Because he neg repped? You are comparing Chas' behavior to Egor (a person who believes atheists are useless and is offensive), TrainWreck (a racist and offensive idealist), and The Theist (a person you disagree with theologically)?
No, I negged because of bigoted behavior.

He's bigoted towards me because of my Christianity and lashed out.

Egor is bigoted towards atheists.

Trainwreck is bigoted towards other races.

Tell me exactly how they are any different besides the rearranging of nouns and pronouns?

20-11-2012, 10:28 AM
KC, you're a twit.
Ah, it does my heart good to wake up from a deep sleep and see that this thread is alive and well with the smell of strife.

Luc, I play bass and can sing.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-11-2012, 10:28 AM
(20-11-2012 10:25 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 10:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He may have rushed to judgement about Chas insulting his religion as opposed to it being about him on a personal level, but then Chas starts this thread and justifies it.

I agree, I do not really care about rep either. I think it is because of the principle of the matter though. Drinking Beverage
On this, I agree too.

Over the past couple of months, I have started to completely agree with HoC. Rep doesn't seem to have a lot of positive effects... there has been a lot of fighting over it in the past.

20-11-2012, 10:29 AM
(20-11-2012 10:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's bigoted towards me because of my Christianity and lashed out.
How is Chas bigoted towards Christianity? Again, answer my question. Has he negatively repped every other Christian on the forum?

20-11-2012, 10:34 AM
(20-11-2012 10:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 10:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's bigoted towards me because of my Christianity and lashed out.
How is Chas bigoted towards Christianity? Again, answer my question. Has he negatively repped every other Christian on the forum?
No. No, he hasn't.

But then again, Egor hasn't negged every atheist.

Doesn't changed things, though.