KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
(21-11-2012 01:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 12:50 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Your beliefs don't offend me, please don't tar us all with the same brush we're not all close minded haters. Although, maybe all the atheists do hate you, faith groups are pretty twitchy. As an agnostic, I range from meh funny to meh interesting to meh meh. Either way believe what you want, say what you want your not the one saying agree with me or shut up, not offensive, but disappointing.

Meh
So, atheist = agnostic now? Consider
Yeah I kinda caught that distinction half way through my post, meh Smile.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2012, 01:42 PM
(21-11-2012 01:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, atheist = agnostic now? Consider
In my opinion, an agnostic atheist might consider his/herself much more free than an agnostic theist... more included, rather than excluded from an overall group.

You Kingsy, seem to be an agnostic theist; are you not finding yourself evermore separate from your fellow churchgoers? Your ability to have a simple, satisfying conversation with your fellow Christees has proven a bit of an intellectual bummer... correct me if I'm wrong.

Agnostic has always been under the atheist umbrella, Kingsy. You just see it as always having had closer ties to "questioning faith". For many, there's little or nothing to question. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes I should have thought of Pepper Potts. That was silly of me. I forgot her characters name, maybe because I'm on a batman kick right now.

Batman is fucking awesome. I hope someone can convince Nolan to make a nightwing series.
The last film could have a cameo of batman.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
21-11-2012, 03:17 PM
(21-11-2012 01:40 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
Yeah I kinda caught that distinction half way through my post, meh Smile.
Thumbsup

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-11-2012, 03:19 PM
(21-11-2012 01:42 PM)kim Wrote:  
In my opinion, an agnostic atheist might consider his/herself much more free than an agnostic theist... more included, rather than excluded from an overall group.

You Kingsy, seem to be an agnostic theist; are you not finding yourself evermore separate from your fellow churchgoers? Your ability to have a simple, satisfying conversation with your fellow Christees has proven a bit of an intellectual bummer... correct me if I'm wrong.

Agnostic has always been under the atheist umbrella, Kingsy. You just see it as always having had closer ties to "questioning faith". For many, there's little or nothing to question. Shy
No, we were talking about the group that identified themselves as a 4 on the Dawkin's Scale. 1-3 are theists 4 is a pure agnostic and 5-7 are atheists. I believe Humakt is a pure 4.

But you're right... I am an agnostic theist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Twit-C, you're a Cake!
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-11-2012, 02:23 AM
(21-11-2012 03:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 01:42 PM)kim Wrote:  In my opinion, an agnostic atheist might consider his/herself much more free than an agnostic theist... more included, rather than excluded from an overall group.

No, we were talking about the group that identified themselves as a 4 on the Dawkin's Scale. 1-3 are theists 4 is a pure agnostic and 5-7 are atheists. I believe Humakt is a pure 4.

Yeah, on that scale I'm a 4, there being as much evidence for as there is against, that is to say none.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
22-11-2012, 02:39 AM
(22-11-2012 02:23 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 03:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, we were talking about the group that identified themselves as a 4 on the Dawkin's Scale. 1-3 are theists 4 is a pure agnostic and 5-7 are atheists. I believe Humakt is a pure 4.

Yeah, on that scale I'm a 4, there being as much evidence for as there is against, that is to say none.
I believe that position is malformed, since it is not the atheist's task to present evidence.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-11-2012, 02:45 AM
(22-11-2012 02:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 02:23 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Yeah, on that scale I'm a 4, there being as much evidence for as there is against, that is to say none.
I believe that position is malformed, since it is not the atheist's task to present evidence.
I didnt say it was, I said there was no evidence either way.

22-11-2012, 02:56 AM
(22-11-2012 02:45 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 02:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I believe that position is malformed, since it is not the atheist's task to present evidence.
I didnt say it was, I said there was no evidence either way.
I know, and I am telling you that atheists do not need supporting evidence for their position to be logical. Theists, on the other hand, need the evidence in their favor because they are making the positive claim. They do not have any evidence, however, so they are not at all equal to the atheist's position. I find an agnostic's position to be identical to the dweeb that refrains from stating his hypothesis prior to an experiment. They don't want to establish a position for fear of being wrong.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]