KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2012, 09:57 AM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
That's because you're fucking crazy.

For me I have not fully adopted the atheist stance. Ha.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2012, 10:09 AM
(26-11-2012 09:57 AM)lucradis Wrote:  That's because you're fucking crazy.

For me I have not fully adopted the atheist stance. Ha.
Ah, I see that the reason I am fucking crazy is because you and I are alike. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
26-11-2012, 02:30 PM
(26-11-2012 09:48 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Why is it that there exists this subsection of forum members that seem to get really annoyed when someone refuses to abandon the agnostic stance? This is literally why I just call myself an atheist here unless someone asks. To avoid the constant attempt at conversion. You guys are fucking crazy, and a little creepy. I always get this fundie vibe off of those who get so adamant about the atheist title.

You crazy creepy mother fuckers.
Cause you aggies are just in the way! Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry, we haven't decided which way to go yet.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-11-2012, 03:25 PM
KC, you're a twit.
Piss or get off the pot.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't call myself atheist either. I am a freethinker. I like that a lot better.

I think we don't know shit and hence we need to be thinking freely.

I don't like narrow definitions as they pertain to people. They are constricting. That's not good.

Who knows, maybe in a few decades everything we know will be proven wrong. We found out that the earth isn't flat too. We'll find out a slew of things we think are right today are all wrong too. I'm willing to bet on it.

As far as god goes - I think s/h/it Smile is a figment of our imagination. But - there could be giants out there. Anything could be out there, and when people see it they will think it's god.

And maybe it is. Maybe we are all in a test tube and call it universe.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-11-2012, 04:48 PM
AW: RE: KC, you're a twit.
(26-11-2012 04:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't call myself atheist either. I am a freethinker. I like that a lot better.

I don't like narrow definitions as they pertain to people. They are constricting. That's not good.

Who knows, maybe in a few decades everything we know will be proven wrong. We found out that the earth isn't flat too. We'll find out a slew of things we think are right today are all wrong too. I'm willing to bet on it.

As far as god goes - I think s/h/it Smile is a figment of our imagination. But - there could be giants out there. Anything could be out there, and when people see it they will think it's god.

Or maybe we are all part of the Matrix. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-11-2012, 05:34 PM
(26-11-2012 04:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't call myself atheist either. I am a freethinker. I like that a lot better.

I fail to see what is so constricting about atheism.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
26-11-2012, 06:25 PM
(26-11-2012 05:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

I fail to see what is so constricting about atheism.

Not atheism in specific, no.

But any very tight definition of a person becomes a sort of jail. Every defining adjective one attach to oneself confines. It becomes a part of identity and selfperception. It separates from countless other people who don't fit that adjective. Eventually it sets a boundary one becomes hesitant to cross.

That is part of the problem with religion and indoctrination. The Christian sees it as his part of his identity, and a very large part of it. That is why gieving occurs when one loses someone as well as when one loses faith. Part of the identity is gone. Someone or something who/that was such a big part of your life that it was part of your identity is now gone. It's a huge hole. Since it defined you, you are at a total loss.

Now, I don't anticipate changing my thinking regarding a god, but I also don't want the word Atheist to define me. I like freethinker a lot better, it fits my personality.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-11-2012, 06:34 PM
For me my hesitation to self identify as an atheist as opposed to an agnostic or agnostic atheist has a lot to do with peoples uninformed Defenition of atheist. I find that to certain people, once I say Im an atheist that person forms an opinion as to what I believe that is almost entirely incorrect.

A good portion of people I've encountered in life believe that an atheist is someone who denies the possibility of god in any form. An absolutist. Which can make any kind of discussion about religion sort of immediately argumentative as opposed to constructive. It becomes a matter of defensiveness and attack instead of civil discussion. This occurs to me as well when I'm in a room of atheists who self proclaim as atheists and I happen to mention that I don't consider myself an atheist per se. Attack mode triggers and I spend the whole time discussing what I believe. Joy.

It's happened here before too, several times though I only remember participating once. It was pretty much the only time me and Ghost agreed on something.

Really I guess it's a no win situation. I'd just pick a side, but that's not how I believe, or behave. Besides I don't want to be lumped in with you lunatics any more than I already am.

To put it simply, I would be more comfortable identifying strictly as an atheist if it weren't for the common misunderstanding of the title. By atheists and theists alike.

[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post