KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
(19-11-2012 10:45 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't think anyone here minus maybe Egor who doesn't even count, has ever agreed with anything religious kc has ever said.

So is it shunning or a beating you're after?
Do whatever the fuck you want, including nothing at all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 10:52 AM
There was nothing in your original post intended to invoke a discussion about KC. Every statement you meant was intended to be a personal dig at him and that is fine if you feel that way, but why start a thread? Give him a rep of -1 and I can see it and be done with it. Why start a thread purely to personally attack a contributing member when everything you are saying is a personal opinion?

I fundamentally disagree with KC in pretty much every theologically venue, but he is a theist, so I wouldn't expect to.

Now, had the thread been about why and was intended for others to contribute to the discussion of why KC may be wrong, then okay. But the rep section is for expressing a public opinion and the rest of your post should be in a PM.

I lose respect for people who do stupid shit like this.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
19-11-2012, 10:54 AM
(19-11-2012 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring!

No point, he's like that character in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo who can't feel any pain.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-11-2012, 10:57 AM
(19-11-2012 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There was nothing in your original post intended to invoke a discussion about KC. Every statement you meant was intended to be a personal dig at him and that is fine if you feel that way, but why start a thread? Give him a rep of -1 and I can see it and be done with it. Why start a thread purely to personally attack a contributing member when everything you are saying is a personal opinion?

I fundamentally disagree with KC in pretty much every theologically venue, but he is a theist, so I wouldn't expect to.

Now, had the thread been about why and was intended for others to contribute to the discussion of why KC may be wrong, then okay. But the rep section is for expressing a public opinion and the rest of your post should be in a PM.

I disagree that this is a private matter. KC publicly made an intellectually offensive and insupportable statement and I am calling him out on it. I'm sorry you can't see that.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I have never seen such a statement, but you don't appear to be replying to a statement.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-11-2012, 11:02 AM
(19-11-2012 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring! Boxing Ring!

No point, he's like that character in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo who can't feel any pain.
No, he's more like Clubber Lang. Lots of strength and flash and if you get distracted by your emotion of Mickey suffering a heart attack, he'll beat you the first time. But when you become focused on the fundamentals of your attack, you'll be able to beat him in the finale.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-11-2012, 11:03 AM
(19-11-2012 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  KC publicly made an intellectually offensive and insupportable statement and I am calling him out on it.

Ok, so start a thread about that. You will probably find many who will agree and it would be worth some thought, analysis and comments.

The rep stuff seems petty and not relevant to the point you are making.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-11-2012, 11:04 AM
(19-11-2012 10:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you acting like a child has to do with a sudden limit to my religiosity and what you feel as if I should understand based on my tenure?

And I'm the one that can't see past my nose while you act like a bigot (admitting that you don't want me here because of my beliefs).

Grow up, Chas. Grow up, or harden up.
I think saying Chas has "reached a sudden limit" may be unfair. This looks more to me like a boiling point situation. The comment in question hasn't caused chas to form a new opinion. It is simply the proverbial straw.

Look, (this is for everyone but KC. If anyone should be forgiven an emotionally fueled response it should be KC) chas don't need my defense. He is, after all, terse and deadly. But don't take an automatically defensive position just because he said something you don't like about your friend. kC is my friend too, but if I don't actually put some thought into what Chas is saying, I may just miss out on a valid perspective that I previously overlooked.

Listen to all sides, not just the one you agree with. And don't disagree with someone because you dislike their delivery. If the topic was raised in a more politically correct, sensitive manner, the thread would look a lot different. Sure, I feel defensive too. KC is my friend. But so is Chas, so I wanna know what kind of bug crawled up his ass too. Gotta listen to figure that out, whether I like what I'm hearing or not.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-11-2012, 11:08 AM
(19-11-2012 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There was nothing in your original post intended to invoke a discussion about KC. Every statement you meant was intended to be a personal dig at him and that is fine if you feel that way, but why start a thread? Give him a rep of -1 and I can see it and be done with it. Why start a thread purely to personally attack a contributing member when everything you are saying is a personal opinion?

I disagree that this is a private matter. KC publicly made an intellectually offensive and insupportable statement and I am calling him out on it. I'm sorry you can't see that.
That makes no sense, Chas.

To you, and every atheist here, EVERYTHING I say is intellectually offensive and insupportable. How many times have I said I have no empirical evidence for God? How many times have I admitted that Calvinism is arrogant and elitist?

My fundamental beliefs offend you... but, I thought you got past that a long time ago... as did most everyone else.

Picking out a random comment over the thousands and thousands of comments I've made on TTA to throw a complete 3 year old tantrum over is pathetic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post