KC, you're a twit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: KC, you're a twit.
I for one don't think any of you are rational or logical.

Chas may have a point in that KC is not a critical thinker at least when his theology is concerned but his method of making that point was awful. Didn't at all come through in his initial post and sure seemed more like a hissy fit.

When it comes to theological belief there is no rationality or critical thinking going on. Period. It's whole design is based around that one thing. Faith is belief without a shred of evidence.

I get your point chas. For all intents and purposes KC is not a shining example of critical thought. But he isn't a dick either.

Which was why I was asking what you'd have done about it. Personally. What would you do? I enjoy his involvement in the community because he is interesting and can be funny. But I don't ever forget that he's one voice away from drowning a sack of babies.

If you want him gone I would argue against it, of you just want to point out that he's insane I agree but think your intelligence could be better served. And yes I think you're very intelligent.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
19-11-2012, 12:54 PM
(19-11-2012 12:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So you believe their feeling of a god existing is intellectually honest?
You can be intellectually honest if you are a deist or agnostic theist.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Angry ...I'm not rational or logical?

Sadcryface I'll just be moving on then. Weeping

I agree with Lucradis. I accept that KC is a believer, and that I won't agree with him on his points on theology or the bible. He makes claims about such beliefs that I find absurd and highly illogical, but I also recognize that at one point in time I would have agreed with them. That doesn't make him a dick, it just makes him a theist. So, you don't want any theists coming here and disagreeing with us? Where's the fun in that? Evil_monster

KC contributes to the forum and through him, I have come to better understand believers. I even understand my own wife better because of him. That doesn't mean I agree with him, but it doesn't mean he is a twit either.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-11-2012, 12:56 PM
(19-11-2012 12:54 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 12:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So you believe their feeling of a god existing is intellectually honest?
You can be intellectually honest if you are a deist or agnostic theist.
I asked for a theist, not an agnostic theist or a deist. You want everyone to think like you or be crammed into one of the other 2 categories? You don't get to choose anyone else's beliefs.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-11-2012, 12:58 PM
If you want to go after their arguments, their doctrine, their beliefs, or their organization...then go for it. But trouncing upon the individual is neither beneficial nor helpful. It won't win you any arguments either. That is what we call an ad hominem.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Just saying:

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
19-11-2012, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 01:08 PM by Logica Humano.)
(19-11-2012 12:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 12:54 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You can be intellectually honest if you are a deist or agnostic theist.
I asked for a theist, not an agnostic theist or a deist. You want everyone to think like you or be crammed into one of the other 2 categories? You don't get to choose anyone else's beliefs.
Strawman, good sir. I never said anything like that. I stated that Kingschosen is intellectually dishonest. I never addressed theism broadly, so stop acting as though I did. I also stated that I find both agnostic theism and deism to be two perfectly logical alternatives to the all-too specific theistic claims.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
19-11-2012, 01:11 PM
I remember someone once commenting on how this reputation bullshit is just a source of hate and discontent...

...and Chas is stuck on snivel...
...and I get to kick him when he's down...
do-da do-da... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-11-2012, 01:21 PM
(19-11-2012 01:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 12:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I asked for a theist, not an agnostic theist or a deist. You want everyone to think like you or be crammed into one of the other 2 categories? You don't get to choose anyone else's beliefs.
Strawman, good sir. I never said anything like that. I stated that Kingschosen is intellectually dishonest. I never addressed theism broadly, so stop acting as though I did. I also stated that I find both agnostic theism and deism to be two perfectly logical alternatives to the all-too specific theistic claims.
Alright, here we go again. Can you name me a theist you believe to be intellectually honest?

What purpose does attacking the individual serve rather than their arguments?

What purpose does a thread like this have except to insult someone?

Why does anyone else care about the personal squabbles of individual forum members?

There are several members I do not like, I have never felt the desire to start a thread insulting them, as it serves no purpose except to further my own narcissism. I have started threads to complain about types of people or particular ways in which people piss me off. So, if the point of the thread is to discuss intellectual honesty, then okay, there is a discussion to be had there. But if all anyone intends to do is back someone into a corner and call them names, then they are an asshole who has generated something that serves about as much intellectual purpose as the very thing they are complaining about.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-11-2012, 01:24 PM
(19-11-2012 01:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I remember someone once commenting on how this reputation bullshit is just a source of hate and discontent...

...and Chas is stuck on snivel...
...and I get to kick him when he's down...
do-da do-da... Big Grin
A prophet is not without honor except in his own forum. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post