KFC is from God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 11:47 AM
KFC is from God?
My mom said she heard Colonel Sanders' preacher say that he had a dream. In this dream he was told there is a secret to making his fried chicken after failing numerous times. So after being told in the dream how to perfect the recipe, he applied it in reality and the rest is history.

So after hearing this story for a number of years now, I decided to do a little wiki search on the man himself. There's nothing on the page that comes close to what my mom heard.

So digging deeper I stumbled on another gem. There are people out there that think Sanders stole the recipe from southern slaves. They also say that when you fry chicken you can't add herbs to the breading because they'll just burn.

Can anyone verify any of these claims? What are your views out there?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: KFC is from God?
Herbs in the flour would likely burn when used in conventional fryers. Asa they are exposed to the heat over a longer period of time, leading to more carbonation of the carbohydrates.

However, using the high-pressure frying method used by KFC, they are exposed to the heat for relatively shorter times, though the heat is higher. Most herbs used in fast-food is finely ground, and mixed into the flour with the spices, and not like what is readily available in the shops.

As to the rest, no idea.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
29-04-2014, 12:48 PM
KFC from god. I doubt it. Now if you told me Popeye's was a gift from god, I may believe that. There's not much better than their spicy chicken with red beans and rice.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-04-2014, 12:51 PM
(29-04-2014 12:48 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  KFC from god. I doubt it. Now if you told me Popeye's was a gift from god, I may believe that. There's not much better than their spicy chicken with red beans and rice.

I've always felt that KFC was better than Popeyes. O.o (Neither is super fantastic however)

As for coming from god? Naw.
29-04-2014, 12:52 PM
(29-04-2014 12:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 12:48 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  KFC from god. I doubt it. Now if you told me Popeye's was a gift from god, I may believe that. There's not much better than their spicy chicken with red beans and rice.

I've always felt that KFC was better than Popeyes. O.o (Neither is super fantastic however)

BLASPHEMER!

Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-04-2014, 12:54 PM
(29-04-2014 12:52 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 12:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've always felt that KFC was better than Popeyes. O.o (Neither is super fantastic however)

BLASPHEMER!

Tongue

Says the person who eats popeyes! Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-04-2014, 01:14 PM
KFC`s fried chicken is anything but perfect.

In fact it is the exact opposite of perfect.

If you want to see a perfect fried chicken, visit the Oktoberfest.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
29-04-2014, 01:24 PM
The last time I got food from KFC was not a good experience.

I got back to my office to find a glob of half cooked batter wrapped around something that I cannot swear was chicken.

That was, and will be, the last time I go to KFC.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 01:28 PM
(29-04-2014 01:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The last time I got food from KFC was not a good experience.

I got back to my office to find a glob of half cooked batter wrapped around something that I cannot swear was chicken.

That was, and will be, the last time I go to KFC.

I only eat fast food when I am drunk as fuck, because then I know that I will be throwing the shit up soon anyway.

Or when I am high on some mix of pills, cocaine and mushrooms. Because then I dont see it as food and play arround with it in rather obscure ways....

..... like "feeding water".

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
29-04-2014, 01:35 PM
(29-04-2014 11:47 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  My mom said she heard Colonel Sanders' preacher say that he had a dream. In this dream he was told there is a secret to making his fried chicken after failing numerous times. So after being told in the dream how to perfect the recipe, he applied it in reality and the rest is history.

So after hearing this story for a number of years now, I decided to do a little wiki search on the man himself. There's nothing on the page that comes close to what my mom heard.

So digging deeper I stumbled on another gem. There are people out there that think Sanders stole the recipe from southern slaves. They also say that when you fry chicken you can't add herbs to the breading because they'll just burn.

Can anyone verify any of these claims? What are your views out there?

All I can say about this is KFC sucks....