KMFDM_Kid2000 vs. Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Lightbulb KMFDM_Kid2000 vs. Christian Forums
Been single handedly debating a forum full of Pentecostal believers for about a week or so now. I'm trying to keep it civil, but I can't help but take shots when I can. I feel like Neo battling against the 100 Agent Smiths in the 2nd Matrix movie lol

Not that I can't handle my own, just posting for your amusement. I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet from there, although I *AM* trying to refrain from gratuitous four letter words and flat out insults. It's just fallacy after fallacy. No True Scotsman, Circular Reasoning, Ad Populum, Ad Hominem, and more Red Herrings than a fish market.

Again, for your amusement ladies and gentlemen (hope links like this don't break rules here):

http://www.christianforums.com/t7742052/

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 01:40 AM
RE: KMFDM_Kid2000 vs. Christian Forums
(06-05-2013 10:55 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  Been single handedly debating a forum full of Pentecostal believers for about a week or so now. I'm trying to keep it civil, but I can't help but take shots when I can. I feel like Neo battling against the 100 Agent Smiths in the 2nd Matrix movie lol

Not that I can't handle my own, just posting for your amusement. I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet from there, although I *AM* trying to refrain from gratuitous four letter words and flat out insults. It's just fallacy after fallacy. No True Scotsman, Circular Reasoning, Ad Populum, Ad Hominem, and more Red Herrings than a fish market.

Again, for your amusement ladies and gentlemen (hope links like this don't break rules here):

http://www.christianforums.com/t7742052/

Do you remember the Trial scene in "Planet of the Apes"? That'll be your fate if they ever get ahold of you ;-)

BTW, angels don't get a savior because unlike us, they are individual creations, so Christ would have to die for each one in order to redeem them. Or so they told us in seminary. That much cross-time would probably wear even Jesus out...

Superboy/Superman Prime is a nasty piece of work. Loved it when he fought the LOSH groups - lots of mayhem! You might like the graphic novel "Superman: Secret Identity" by Kurt Busiek, a "real-world" Superman story. Good stuff.

"Is that a log in your eye or are you just happy to see me" - classic!

Well done! Wonder how long before you get banned? Anyway, keep up the good work :-)
[+] 2 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
07-05-2013, 02:11 AM
I haven't been to that forum for a while. I think I'll join in. Seeya there.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
The scientific illiteracy there is astonishing. I know I'm no expert on the sciences, but I like to think I have a solid grasp on most things, mostly the medical sciences. The way they talk about science there, you'd think the only science textbooks they've been exposed to are the coloring books from the Creation Museum's gift shop.

[+] 3 users Like KMFDM_Kid2000's post
07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Are they open to debate and/or conversation about religion on the site?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
07-05-2013, 09:09 AM
(07-05-2013 08:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Are they open to debate and/or conversation about religion on the site?

I do see atheists there especially in the science and technology areas, with some fairly high level and heated debates going on. So debate does happen there, and so far, even though lightly treading the waters on being a complete asshole myself, I haven't gotten banned yet. Believe me, I want to just f-bomb the shit out of some of them there, but I've kept it at verbal/intellectual sparring, or at least that's how I perceive it.

I'm sure they have some rules there against gratuitous slander/blasphemy or whatever. I'll at least try to keep taking as high a road I can, while still being able to dip down low and take the shots I must.

Anyone wanna start a pool on how long it takes to earn a ban without committing a clearly bannable offense? Those types of places always do that. They look for an excuse to get rid of you because your words are unpopular and upsetting even if you technically don't break any rules.

07-05-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 02:33 PM by amyb.)
Quote: Not a subject for here and now, but you might try reading Josh McDowell's 'Evidence That Demands a Verdict' for a good exploration of this
I had to stop reading when i came to that line. My insane religious cousin told me to read that, and I did. It was so stupid and worthless that I put the book on my grill, doused it in lighter fluid, and set it on fire because I was so upset at the stupidity of it all.

ETA: And the same person says people have more faith in science than xians have in god.

{reads more} Well, it is interesting to read their responses.

Quote: Carbon dating is false ... Evolution is a great big lie ... bananas ...
[headdesk]

I appreciate KMFDM's patience with them, but holy shit. "Science is just propaganda?" "Brainwashed" "Keep your propaganda to yourself."What.

I enjoy their little graphics next to usernames, esp that it shows a brain for "atheist."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like amyb's post
07-05-2013, 05:46 PM
(07-05-2013 01:00 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Quote: Not a subject for here and now, but you might try reading Josh McDowell's 'Evidence That Demands a Verdict' for a good exploration of this
I had to stop reading when i came to that line. My insane religious cousin told me to read that, and I did. It was so stupid and worthless that I put the book on my grill, doused it in lighter fluid, and set it on fire because I was so upset at the stupidity of it all.

I kind of figured it would be. Guilty of bias maybe, and I shouldn't be that way, but I'd rather read something worthwhile. I plan on taking in some more of Sam Harris' stuff. He's definitely outside of the box, and I like that.

(07-05-2013 01:00 PM)amyb Wrote:  ETA: And the same person says people have more faith in science than xians have in god.

As if faith were quantifiable. Read on, you get an asshat later on arguing that because science cannot prove cold --> Therefore god exists. I asked him which one then? And proceeded to list off 3 entire postfuls of deity names. I lol'ed.

(07-05-2013 01:00 PM)amyb Wrote:  {reads more} Well, it is interesting to read their responses.

Quote: Carbon dating is false ... Evolution is a great big lie ... bananas ...
[headdesk]

I know, right?

(07-05-2013 01:00 PM)amyb Wrote:  I appreciate KMFDM's patience with them, but holy shit. "Science is just propaganda?" "Brainwashed" "Keep your propaganda to yourself."What.

Believe me, it's wearing thin. If I had to spend eternity with these fuckers I would definitely get myself kicked out somehow, some way.

(07-05-2013 01:00 PM)amyb Wrote:  I enjoy their little graphics next to usernames, esp that it shows a brain for "atheist."

Yeah, they get a few of them there. There's some interesting stuff in some of the other sections, science and tech, and you see the atheists gravitate there, naturally.

08-05-2013, 03:27 AM
I think your entire thread, there, has been deleted.

Kinda like a book-burning for heresy.

08-05-2013, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 04:16 AM by Free Thought.)
Those who saw that coming, please raise your hand, or say "aye", whatever your fancy.

*raises hand*

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post