Karen Carpenter..hummmmm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 09:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Karen Carpenter..hummmmm
(07-12-2015 10:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 09:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My favorite Abba song.

Brian37 is gonna hate me but I never liked ABBA. Actually, "never liked" isn't a strong enough phrase , Blush I rather hated that band. I especially disliked Dancing Queen. Sorry jennybee, I couldn't click on that video. Dancing Queen was fucking played on every radio station, every hour for what seemed like years at a time. Rainbow Vomit

I think I'd rather listen to Karen Carpenter and her weird brother sister act than ABBA.

You sure?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 10:30 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-12-2015, 10:31 PM
(07-12-2015 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 10:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Brian37 is gonna hate me but I never liked ABBA. Actually, "never liked" isn't a strong enough phrase , Blush I rather hated that band. I especially disliked Dancing Queen. Sorry jennybee, I couldn't click on that video. Dancing Queen was fucking played on every radio station, every hour for what seemed like years at a time. Rainbow Vomit

I think I'd rather listen to Karen Carpenter and her weird brother sister act than ABBA.

ABBA: Also know as "auditory waterboarding".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-12-2015, 10:32 PM
(07-12-2015 10:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Jim Keltner on drums. Hal Blaine and Earl Palmer used to let Jim into watch sessions as a teenager.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-12-2015, 11:56 AM
(07-12-2015 09:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My favorite Abba song.

Mine, too! I would like to forget the whole disco era, but that is one catchy song. It wasn't on my radar back then, but it gives me goose bumps every time I hear it now.
10-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Some of the Carpenters' hits were well-written and tuneful, though I would not buy any of their songs.

Nonetheless, I've always thought that she had the purest, most perfect pop voice imaginable. It's pretty amazing.

I find her twisted life both creepy and fascinating. Sounds like her parents were religious a-holes.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
10-12-2015, 09:06 PM
I like opera. Doesn't anybody here like opera?
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
10-12-2015, 09:57 PM
(07-12-2015 10:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 10:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Jim Keltner on drums. Hal Blaine and Earl Palmer used to let Jim into watch sessions as a teenager.

Keep documenting this shit BrotherMan. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-12-2015, 10:37 PM
(10-12-2015 09:06 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like opera. Doesn't anybody here like opera?
My favorite is Lucia di Lammermoor by Donizetti.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-12-2015, 11:40 PM
(10-12-2015 09:06 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like opera. Doesn't anybody here like opera?

I like some operas but others are a bit too much. I love Madam Butterfly and the Magic Flute. I love to listen to arias by different opera singers. When I was a teenager my mother had an album of Beverly Sills singing various arias and it sent chills up my spine.

Last week I saw a "world premier" of a locally written one act opera (I live in Portland Oregon) about a stripper who is the daughter of a minister. The opera story involved her returning to the midwest to tell her parents that she is a stipper. It was funny. There were several long held notes and trills centered on the word "fuck". The voices were beautiful and I think the four leads were from the Portland Opera who wanted to do something very different. It was different alright!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.