Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2011, 07:44 PM

RE: Karma
Karma is something purely psychological. I think we all feel this way to some extent, just those who are more prone to personalizing things may label it as "karma". It's the same as someone with OCD that needs to walk around the cracks, or pull on a door handle X number of times to ensure that it's locked, and then go back and check it again. Just like with religion, Karma can be debunked by looking at good people that have bad things happen to them- people that get cancer (or have loved ones die from terrible diseases), being the innocent victim of rape or murder or getting robbed, when there is nothing so severe that you would "deserve" that kind of treatment.

With all that said, I still do kinda believe in karma a teenie little bit...
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 07:06 PM
If karma existed then the scumbags who caused first caused food prices to rise at the expense of the poorest people on the planet - many of which were already starving, and then caused a global financial meltdown that wiped out the nest-eggs of millions of people around the globe would have somehow paid a penalty for it. Instead what happened is we saw the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind where billions of middle class tax dollars were handed over to the people who caused the mess - people who were already multi-millionaires - with a note of apology and a refrain of "thank you sir, may I have another?".

I'm pretty sure karma is all in your head.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Well said BnW. Well said.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
18-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I prefer the kind of Karma that they use to make Toffee with. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
19-02-2011, 04:24 PM
(18-02-2011 11:06 PM)No J. Wrote:  I prefer the kind of Karma that they use to make Toffee with. Tongue

What karma is that ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
19-02-2011, 05:18 PM
we seek patterns, it doesn't necessarily mean there is some force at work. but you already knew that.

If I laugh when I remember someone tripping on the sidewalk, then slip on the ice on my way to school does it mean something saw me laughing at that memory and said "IF YOU THINK ITS SO FUNNY THAN WHY DON'T YOU TRY IT!" ?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
19-02-2011, 07:52 PM
This has actually been a revelation to me on the theistic way of thought. I believe in something against the grain of logic, and you "non-believers" keep throwing evidence and math at me, which I ignore because "it's just what I believe." I get to live as a theist within the confines of this thread. Sort of like the movie Soul Man only without all the abundant racism.

The difference between me and them, however, is if you put a gun to my head and asked if I believed in karma, I would say no... it's just a specific sequence of events and outcomes that my brain registers as a pattern. I also don't advocate teaching karma in schools or expect anyone to take me seriously, since it's not a scientifically justifiable belief.

I am going to kick the next midget I see and if my kids are born midgets are my legs become broken, I will use this to further my beliefs, while discarding any contradicting evidence in the nature of theism.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-02-2011, 11:33 PM
-Buddy Christ kicks a midget

-Midget turns to him and says, "you better kick me harder than that you fucker!"

-Midget reaches up and punches Buddy Christ in the balls.

Now THATS Karma!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-02-2011, 12:54 AM
(19-02-2011 04:24 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(18-02-2011 11:06 PM)No J. Wrote:  I prefer the kind of Karma that they use to make Toffee with. Tongue

What karma is that ?

Play on words. Karma mistaken for carmel (caramel).

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-02-2011, 04:13 AM
(20-02-2011 12:54 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(19-02-2011 04:24 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  

What karma is that ?

Play on words. Karma mistaken for carmel (caramel).

Does that actually happen ? In the English language I mean ?!
Or do you have to add a Canadian accent ? Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin