Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2011, 06:36 AM
RE: Karma
I thought karma is a somekind of an almond used in toffee products. http://www.shoparomatique.com/webapp/wcs...yErrorView

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2011, 08:39 PM
(20-02-2011 04:13 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Or do you have to add a Canadian accent ? Tongue

Canadians don't have accents. Everyone else does. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
21-02-2011, 10:58 AM
(20-02-2011 08:39 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(20-02-2011 04:13 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Or do you have to add a Canadian accent ? Tongue

Canadians don't have accents. Everyone else does. Tongue

LMAO Big Grin
What's that abouuut ? Ei ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
27-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I second what gaglamesh (1st reply) said. If you are antisocial, then people will treat you differently, probably worse.
I'm betting it's confirmation bias myself. Loads of negatively percieved things happen to yuo and likewise with positive ones. You're matching them based on what you remember you did, like with like. For all you know the negative action of laughing at your brothers acne caused you to lose your side mirror.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
27-02-2011, 07:19 PM
(27-02-2011 01:12 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  For all you know the negative action of laughing at your brothers acne caused you to lose your side mirror.

Only if your brother broke it off because he was ticked off at you.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
27-02-2011, 10:03 PM
@No J. Not necessarily, provided this spin off karma is true.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
01-03-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't harbor any belief in karma at all. He who pisses off others has a high chance of being subjected to retaliation, but not through karma.

01-03-2011, 03:47 AM
NoJ - you just gave me an idea for a quote
"A fist does more than karma" :-p ( a variation of the " a pair of hands at work more than a million in prayer" bit)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-04-2011, 02:57 AM

If karma existed then the scumbags who caused first caused food prices to rise at the expense of the poorest people on the planet - plenty of of which were already starving, & then caused a worldwide financial meltdown that wiped out the nest-eggs of millions of people around the globe would have somehow paid a penalty for it.
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Someone once blocked me in by parking in the driveway to a block of flats where I once lived for over an hr. No one could get in or out.. This was the second time it happened (the same car) and I was pissed off so I grabbed a nice big knife, Dodgy made sure no one saw and stabbed the sides of a tire (it's the equivalent of a $100 fine since damage there is not repairable). And printed a nasty note to stick on the windscreen.

So I guess I don't believe in karma. I think we make it ourselves. Like others here said we suffer direct consequences for our actions or inaction. No magical checks or balances required.

Block off my driveway? $100 FINE Tongue