Kathy's bad joke, OP/ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 12:06 PM
RE: Kathy's bad joke, OP/ED
So this flitted past my field of vision ...

The photo in question would have been more effective satire had it been a mock-up of Trump holding a gagged Kathy Griffin head.

Now, the same would be excellent political commentary.

Who's got photoshop?

Go!

Unsure

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-06-2017, 01:21 PM
I think it was inappropriate and in bad taste, but I don't think it could be reasonably construed as a credible threat against Trump giving the source.

I understand the need for the secret service to investigate just to be absolutely certain that there was no credible threat against the POTUS, but that should be the end of it. Anything more would be government censorship.

I don't think she should lose her job- but I get why she did. I just dislike it.

Thank you for sharing the video DLJ, I hadn't seen it or even the picture until just now.

I really like Kathy- I think he's really funny and I love her style of comedy. She's incredibly successful at what she does. I hope that this doesn't mean she's finished.

And I fucking hate Trump. I think he's a total piece of shit. He's a little boy who wants big toys- like buildings, and countries- to play with.
03-06-2017, 02:00 AM
I don't hate Trump. (Hence my last negative reps/deleted reps). I don't like him either, and I certainly didn't vote for him, but I'm not a "literally Hitler" guy either. Okay, with that said, I thought the stunt was in bad taste, but I also didn't think it was that big of a deal. With that said, Kathy has backpedaled in a way that makes her look way worse than if she had just stuck with guns. Her excuses and finger-pointing was a bad idea.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
03-06-2017, 07:49 PM
So... how did this sort of imagery of Obama manage to survive largely unscathed by the media or the public at large?

[Image: pha1nl69s02qbwe.jpg]

[Image: CGStTA8W8AAG_GY.jpg?1433437201]

[Image: xTTPl.jpg]

Was Griffin specifically targetted behind the scenes by Trump's secret service hit squad? And was anybody ever publicly demonised over all those anti-Obama mock lynchings—and if not, then why not?

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Rope...lulzzz

Sorry but that is pretty funny
03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
(03-06-2017 07:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So... how did this sort of imagery of Obama manage to survive largely unscathed by the media or the public at large?

Was Griffin specifically targetted behind the scenes by Trump's secret service hit squad? And was anybody ever publicly demonised over all those anti-Obama mock lynchings—and if not, then why not?

No

This is a case of "two wrongs don't make a right". Both the lynching of Obama and decapitated head of trump is wrong. My hate for trump is profound. I cannot stand that asshole but when Kathy Griffin pulled this stunt the idiot trump supporters rally even tighter around their orange leader and it further justifies what they feel about the left.

When people stop thinking about their actions and don't temper their emotions they're no better than trump.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Quote:Both the lynching of Obama and decapitated head of trump is wrong.

Obama has never been lynched and Trump has never been decapitated. I know you know that but people get so worked up it seems like they don't realize it's a scarecrow or a mask. A replica that has no nerve endings or life. That's why it's speech. It's not actually the person. It's a symbol that represents the person.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
03-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:When people stop thinking about their actions and don't temper their emotions they're no better than trump.

Really? Because I have a feeling those 110 billion dollars of weaponry he's selling the Saudis are going to kill real people. I think it's more than masks that are being denied healthcare and other real people who are being deported. How many will die from global warming? Hell, that mask will probably be fine.
03-06-2017, 09:15 PM
(03-06-2017 07:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So... how did this sort of imagery of Obama manage to survive largely unscathed by the media or the public at large?

No

Maybe it is just because I tend to be politically engaged, but I do not think theses images were suppressed or lacked coverage. I found that they were very much publicized. The people who were responsible for them were also largely ridiculed too, no?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
03-06-2017, 10:13 PM
(03-06-2017 09:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The people who were responsible for them were also largely ridiculed too, no?

Yeah but were they famous?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?