Kathy's bad joke, OP/ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Kathy's bad joke, OP/ED
It's a cunt vs decent person divide. Fuck their politics, religion, and patriotism. Fuck their pragmatic ability to fix a leaky faucet and change their own oil. Fuck their blessed days. Fuck their asking about your church. Fuck their humility. Fuck the way they treat me differently than they treat my Asian wife. And fuck the way they act strong but when rubber meets the road they're afraid of me. I'm not interested in having any more exchanges with these people. Fuck those cowards. Fuck them when they voted for Bush and Romney and Reagan and fuck them even more now. If you want someone to be reasonable with them and meld the polarization I'm not the one. I'm not fucking interested.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 10:44 PM
I think you're make quite a bit of assumptions about individual attitudes and opinions that are unwarranted.

04-06-2017, 11:14 PM
(04-06-2017 10:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think you're make quite a bit of assumptions about individual attitudes and opinions that are unwarranted.

Maybe you forgot the campaign...

To all the people who cheered and chanted racist bullshit against Mexico and claimed that we were going to force a sovereign nation to pay for a racist wall that's a symbol of hatred against their culture I say fuck you. And if you voted for him fuck you. And if you support him fuck you. There's no fucking middle ground. That's Hitler style hate. So to the millions of Americans who voted for that you are shit.

He mocked a disabled person. This is something you learn not to do in kindergarten. To every person who voted for the man who did that fuck you.

He bragged about sexually assaulting women. To every person who voted for that fuck you.

The damage is already irreparable. So yeah, if you're reading this and you voted for Trump all I have to say to you is fuck off, eat shit, and die you fucking cunts.

There's nothing for his supporters to stand on except stupidity and hate. We cannot make amends. This bullshit is unforgivable. I'm not making assumptions about people. I'm judging them by their actions.
04-06-2017, 11:51 PM
(04-06-2017 11:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 10:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think you're make quite a bit of assumptions about individual attitudes and opinions that are unwarranted.

To all the people who cheered and chanted racist bullshit against Mexico and claimed that we were going to force a sovereign nation to pay for a racist wall that's a symbol of hatred against their culture I say fuck you. And if you voted for him fuck you. And if you support him fuck you. There's no fucking middle ground. That's Hitler style hate. So to the millions of Americans who voted for that you are shit.

He mocked a disabled person. This is something you learn not to do in kindergarten. To every person who voted for the man who did that fuck you.

He bragged about sexually assaulting women. To every person who voted for that fuck you.

The damage is already irreparable. So yeah, if you're reading this and you voted for Trump all I have to say to you is fuck off, eat shit, and die you fucking cunts.

There's nothing for his supporters to stand on except stupidity and hate. We cannot make amends. This bullshit is unforgivable. I'm not making assumptions about people. I'm judging them by their actions.

You're forgetting to mention how awful Clinton was. She was, as the late NY Times writer William Safire called her, a congenital liar. Why did the Democrats put up such a corrupt insider in a year that clearly favored an outsider candidate? I could not vote for Clinton, so for the first time since I could vote, I did not vote for a president this time.

I don't have a problem defending Kathy Griffith's rights to do what she did in the defense of free speech. But it was CNN who decided to fire her, and CNN has a right to make that call for themselves.

However, just because one has a right to free speech, that does not mean that all speech is wise to engage in. I don' t think Kathy Griffith's outrage (or yours in your comments on this thread) does anything to convince anyone or to advance the cause of opposing Trump.
05-06-2017, 12:08 AM
whatever you or I may think,

she has every right to make that joke under free speech.

As atheists, we should all value free speech, because we all know that in many nations we couldn't say the things we say without dire, sometimes lethal consequences.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
05-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Quote:However, just because one has a right to free speech, that does not mean that all speech is wise to engage in. I don' t think Kathy Griffith's outrage (or yours in your comments on this thread) does anything to convince anyone or to advance the cause of opposing Trump.

Anyone who isn't anti-Trump at this point is beyond saving.

Quote:for the first time since I could vote, I did not vote for a president this time.

I respect that.
05-06-2017, 01:16 AM
(04-06-2017 11:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  

Well, I'll just simply retort that I think your assessment of the campaign is markedly different than mine, keeping in mind that I openly mocked him throughout his presidential campaign. Additionally, I think your parsing of the information at hand is far to monochromatic to be representative of reality on any given political campaign, including what is quite possibly the most decisive ever seen in America's history. I would also say spewing such vitriol will do nothing but ossify your political opponent's position and ultimately be self-defeating for that reason. To further extend your name-calling to anyone who voted for Mitt Romney, or Ronald Reagan just multiplies the number of people you're alienating and condemning, and to compare Trump to Hitler is foolish at best and is offensive to the families that were victimized by the Third Reich and anyone who's family sacrificed their blood, sweat, tears, and life to destroy it..

05-06-2017, 01:20 AM
(05-06-2017 12:08 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  whatever you or I may think,

she has every right to make that joke under free speech.

As atheists, we should all value free speech, because we all know that in many nations we couldn't say the things we say without dire, sometimes lethal consequences.

Unless I overlooked it, I don't think anyone here has argued against free-speech, though I think that has little to do with atheism, and everything to do with classical liberalism.

05-06-2017, 01:46 AM
http://m.jpost.com/app/article/479620

Quote:President Donald Trump plans to sign an order on Thursday that will require the State Department and Department of Homeland Security to immediately cease all refugee processing from Syria, where over 500,000 people have been killed in a brutal civil war. The measure will also ban visa issuances for all nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Libya and Yemen.

"More than most, our community knows what happens when the doors to freedom are shut," the organization said. "That is why ADL relentlessly will fight this policy in the weeks and months to come. Our history and heritage compel us to take a stand."

The "history and heritage" they're referring to is known as the Holocaust. Yeah, Trump is that bad. We don't wait until he sends his goon squads into the minority communities in sanctuary cities. We dismantle and belittle the cunt now. The Republicans are so far gone. Others might want to work it out. I don't. Fuck them.
05-06-2017, 01:59 AM
(05-06-2017 01:46 AM)ImFred Wrote:  http://m.jpost.com/app/article/479620

Quote:President Donald Trump plans to sign an order on Thursday that will require the State Department and Department of Homeland Security to immediately cease all refugee processing from Syria, where over 500,000 people have been killed in a brutal civil war. The measure will also ban visa issuances for all nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Libya and Yemen.

"More than most, our community knows what happens when the doors to freedom are shut," the organization said. "That is why ADL relentlessly will fight this policy in the weeks and months to come. Our history and heritage compel us to take a stand."

The "history and heritage" they're referring to is known as the Holocaust. Yeah, Trump is that bad. We don't wait until he sends his goon squads into the minority communities in sanctuary cities. We dismantle and belittle the cunt now. The Republicans are so far gone. Others might want to work it out. I don't. Fuck them.

Based on our short interaction thus far, I find you to be every bit the demagogue that Trump is, and then some. You would like me believe the SS are marching through San Diego and Houston, and that Muslims and Mexicans are being led to extermination camps by our Armed Forces and federal agencies.

Frankly you were right. I don't think it's productive to continue the conversation further between the two of us specifically. Best of luck to you.