Kazimierz Lyszczynski

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Kazimierz Lyszczynski
Kazimierz Lyszczynski (1634-1689), was a Polish soldier, judge, and nobleman who in the last bit of his life wrote a book called "The Non-Existensia Dei" or "The non-existence of god".

It got him executed because a friend of his, who he had lent an enormous sum of money to, didn't want to give the money back, so the friend stole the book from Lyszczynski's house and turned it into the local bishop....

This documentary also covers the religious and church/state separation situation in Poland, as well as an event commemorating him.

It's worth a watch!

I haven't been active on here in months, but I hope people appreciate this.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: Kazimierz Lyszczynski
(01-04-2016 11:54 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  ...
I haven't been active on here in months, but I hope people appreciate this.

Nope. I don't appreciate your inactivity. Tongue

But I appreciate the video. Loads of stuff I didn't know about before.

Thank you.

03-04-2016, 03:30 AM
To be fair, if someone gave me a fuck ton amount of money and to not pay it back I simply had to hand in a book they wrote to the local church I would tots hand the book in.
Hey, when life gives you lemons, kill everyone because they're your lemons dammit and you'll be damned if anyone's gonna get one of your lemons.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-04-2016, 03:49 AM
(03-04-2016 03:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  To be fair, if someone gave me a fuck ton amount of money and to not pay it back I simply had to hand in a book they wrote to the local church I would tots hand the book in.
Hey, when life gives you lemons, kill everyone because they're your lemons dammit and you'll be damned if anyone's gonna get one of your lemons.

[Image: c6aa7bc05f9cef519f17c5a629f8af77.jpg]

Fuckin' muffs...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-04-2016, 07:15 AM
(03-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 03:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  To be fair, if someone gave me a fuck ton amount of money and to not pay it back I simply had to hand in a book they wrote to the local church I would tots hand the book in.

Fuckin' muffs...

The fact that you're unsure hurts me deeply EK.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-04-2016, 08:24 AM
(03-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Fuckin' muffs...

so much this.
Fuckin' muffs FTMFW!
04-04-2016, 02:21 PM
(01-04-2016 11:54 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  so the friend stole the book from Lyszczynski's house and turned it into the local bishop...

So he was a thief AND a powerful magician? He should've just conjured up the money himself! Although a bishop who used to be a book on atheism would probably be much more beneficial to the community than your average cleric.

All kidding aside, this looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to watching it when I'm somewhere with Wi-Fi