Kebabs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Kebabs
Shish kebab - beef or mutton, or shish katook - chicken -- are a nice way to put your grill to work.....

Everybody's got a different way of doing it....

Me -- I go for simple..... Meat, potato, green (or orange) pepper, and onion... heavy on the meat (I'm a primary carnivore).......

Marinate..... cook over charcoal for 30 minutes, turn every 10 minutes or so and coat with more marinade.......

That's friggin food..................

You got any improvements????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Kebabs
(25-10-2015 02:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Shish kebab - beef or mutton, or shish katook - chicken -- are a nice way to put your grill to work.....

Everybody's got a different way of doing it....

Me -- I go for simple..... Meat, potato, green (or orange) pepper, and onion... heavy on the meat (I'm a primary carnivore).......

Marinate..... cook over charcoal for 30 minutes, turn every 10 minutes or so and coat with more marinade.......

That's friggin food..................

You got any improvements????

The meat and different vegetables all get their own skewers 'cause they all got different grilling times. I combine them all later in a bog bowl or plate.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Not me.... it all gets grilled the same amount of time.... the trick, is keeping it wet with marinade...... Keeps the meat from incinerating, while allowing the spuds and onions enough time...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
25-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I typically don't put anything on the skewers these days except the meat (and where the fuck do you find mutton and why do you want to?) The vegetables get their own aluminum foil packets and grill (stew?) in the marinade. The meat is what I want to see the grill marks and browning on. If I want to finish the vegetables I'll put them on a fish grill and brown them for a couple of minutes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-10-2015, 03:10 PM
(25-10-2015 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I typically don't put anything on the skewers these days except the meat (and where the fuck do you find mutton and why do you want to?) The vegetables get their own aluminum foil packets and grill (stew?) in the marinade. The meat is what I want to see the grill marks and browning on, not the vegetables.

Are you kidding??? If it's four legged, fuzzy and eats grass - it's worth eating.....

edit to add -- except for goat...... I'd rather eat tofu.....

25-10-2015, 03:19 PM
(25-10-2015 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I typically don't put anything on the skewers these days except the meat (and where the fuck do you find mutton and why do you want to?) The vegetables get their own aluminum foil packets and grill (stew?) in the marinade. The meat is what I want to see the grill marks and browning on, not the vegetables.

Are you kidding??? If it's four legged, fuzzy and eats grass - it's worth eating.....

I'm not mad about mutton. too tough.... I prefer lamb. Shit, this thread is making me hungry.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-10-2015, 03:29 PM
(25-10-2015 03:19 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are you kidding??? If it's four legged, fuzzy and eats grass - it's worth eating.....

I'm not mad about mutton. too tough.... I prefer lamb. Shit, this thread is making me hungry.

That's like hating beef, but loving veal......................

If you've got a butcher that can deliver mutton --- try this ----

Marinate it, covered overnight --- in whiskey, lemon and garlic..............

Then grill it, as you would any other meat ---- each time you turn it -- coat the hot side with marinade...........

Cook for about 40 minutes (on medium hot coals).....

Delicious.....

Alcohol breaks down the meat, and softens it quite a bit.... If you over-marinade it in whiskey --- it will just fall apart.....

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-10-2015, 03:38 PM
(25-10-2015 03:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:19 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I'm not mad about mutton. too tough.... I prefer lamb. Shit, this thread is making me hungry.

That's like hating beef, but loving veal......................

If you've got a butcher that can deliver mutton --- try this ----

Marinate it, covered overnight --- in whiskey, lemon and garlic..............

Then grill it, as you would any other meat ---- each time you turn it -- coat the hot side with marinade...........

Cook for about 40 minutes (on medium hot coals).....

Delicious.....

Alcohol breaks down the meat, and softens it quite a bit.... If you over-marinade it in whiskey --- it will just fall apart.....

mmmmm.... sounds good. I've always looked at mutton as a meat that needs to be slow-cooked, like for curries, pies and casseroles. That whiskey marinade sounds good, I'll have to give it a try.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-10-2015, 06:30 PM
(25-10-2015 03:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Alcohol breaks down the meat, and softens it quite a bit.... If you over-marinade it in whiskey --- it will just fall apart.....

Yup. I marinated some meat in some raw 140 proof Ouzo my friend brought back from Greece (how the fuck you get that on a plane, wait I don't want to know.) When I came back the next morning, there was no meat.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I typically marinate beef and shrimp separately. The marinade is mostly Italian dressing mixed with hickory-smoked barbecue sauce, but also contains a little Louisiana brand hot sauce and other spices. The vegetables are usually just bell pepper and purple onion.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post