Keep religion strong! Vote Republican!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Keep religion strong! Vote Republican!
Or am I being too douchey?

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Keep religion strong! Vote Republican!
I think you know just how douchey you're being, but how is that related to the video?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-02-2012, 12:43 PM
It's ok to be douchey about religion. But I think when that doucheriness becomes ad hominen attacks against people, I see it as little different than an Atheist Fundamentalist carrying out a verbal Jihad.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-02-2012, 12:56 PM
(28-02-2012 12:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I think you know just how douchey you're being, but how is that related to the video?

Because this bible thumping moron (oh, sorry, that was an ad hom...right), has enough support by enough rich and powerful religious nutters to become President of the United States and change the course of our nation.
He, and his party would love nothing more than to create their own little theocracy.

I think him, and all off his douchey followers(oops, there I go again with another ad hom) deserve all the douchyness we can give him in whatever form anyone from our side likes to dish out.
A very aggressive opposition to religious ideals is needed across the board to counter this.

Do you agree?

28-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Why is everybody so concerned about being douchey? I'm pretty sure it's called for by this point. If Santorum manages to win the republican nomination (Which is very likely) the states have done themselves a great disservice. If he manages to win the presidential election, you're all welcome to camp out in my igloo for 4 years.
[+] 1 user Likes Dillon's post
28-02-2012, 01:32 PM
"A very aggressive opposition to religious ideals is needed across the board to counter this.

Do you agree? "

No.

Do you defeat the monster by becoming the monster? Or do you just become the new monster that needs defeating?

Make your voice heard. No need to shoot everyone who disagrees.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
28-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd say that Santorum is over the edge, the party? That remains to be seen.
28-02-2012, 02:05 PM
(28-02-2012 01:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Do you defeat the monster by becoming the monster? Or do you just become the new monster that needs defeating?

Fight fire with fire.

28-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Santorum deserves all the douchiness you can muster.

Maybe its because I'm in the Northeast but I have always consdiered myself a Republican but that never entailed government involvement in consenting adults lives. I'm just been pro-business, for low taxes and the least intrusive government possible. I don't consider myself a Libertatiian because I like roads, schools and police/fire protection and belive we need sensible regulations. Most Republicans I knew were the same, abortion was never an issue, we woke up one day and these rabid bible thumpers had taken over.

Do I need my own party?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
28-02-2012, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 08:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-02-2012 02:05 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 01:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Do you defeat the monster by becoming the monster? Or do you just become the new monster that needs defeating?

Fight fire with fire.

Speaking as a former squid, you fight fire with the extinguishing agent appropriate for its class. Shipboard, Class D means jettison before the whole goddam ship burns.

(28-02-2012 08:37 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Santorum deserves all the douchiness you can muster.

Maybe its because I'm in the Northeast but I have always consdiered myself a Republican but that never entailed government involvement in consenting adults lives. I'm just been pro-business, for low taxes and the least intrusive government possible. I don't consider myself a Libertatiian because I like roads, schools and police/fire protection and belive we need sensible regulations. Most Republicans I knew were the same, abortion was never an issue, we woke up one day and these rabid bible thumpers had taken over.

Do I need my own party?

It appears they've already assigned us one. We're the RINOs.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.