Keeping a copy of a PM, plus PM and posts deletion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 07:37 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
Keeping a copy of a PM, plus PM and posts deletion
Three questions and, if it doesn't currently work like this, possible suggestions:

1. When sending a private message it asks for keeping a copy. I'd like to have the option to disable this, but not each time I send a message. Maybe an encompassing option so that I disable it once and it doesn't turn back on unless I decide so?
  2. Below the PM list, there is the option to move the Messages or deleting them. Like this
    [Image: 9JVJjmE.png]
    This is redundant, since even if you choose Delete, it just moves them to the Trash Can. Can we have the button delete to actually delete the messages without sending them to the trash can first? Seems to be just an extra (redundant) step.
  3. Also, I cannot delete my own posts. Is there a reason for this? When trying to delete one I get a sort of error page.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: Keeping a copy of a PM, plus PM and posts deletion
I once read that many boards do not allow deletion of posts for legal reasons (possibly something to do with indemnifying the owner from legal fallout of content, from vague recollection).

I mention this only because I am curious to see if there is any foundation to this claim and thus advance my own understanding..

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
27-12-2014, 03:45 AM
That would be fine... if there wasn't the option to delete posts. Tongue But there is one. It simply doesn't work.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
27-12-2014, 03:52 AM
(27-12-2014 03:45 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  That would be fine... if there wasn't the option to delete posts. :P But there is one. It simply doesn't work.
Have you discounted the possibility that it could have been deliberately disabled? :)

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
27-12-2014, 03:55 AM
Speculating wouldn't answer my question though, hence this thread.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
27-12-2014, 07:30 AM
(27-12-2014 03:03 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Can. Can we have the button delete to actually delete the messages without sending them to the trash can first? Seems to be just an extra (redundant) step.

Seconded.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-12-2014, 08:30 AM
(27-12-2014 03:03 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Also, I cannot delete my own posts. Is there a reason for this? When trying to delete one I get a sort of error page.

Delete is a feature that is abused on many forums, there really isn't a need to remove any posts from here.
If you need something deleted pm on of the mods, though its unlikely to be deleted unless it's a double post. Basically if you dont want it on the forum then don't post it on the forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
27-12-2014, 08:32 AM
(27-12-2014 03:45 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  That would be fine... if there wasn't the option to delete posts. Tongue But there is one. It simply doesn't work.

You shouldn't be seeing that button at all. I've not had it since i was admin, i haven't seen it since.

27-12-2014, 08:33 AM
AW: RE: Keeping a copy of a PM, plus PM and posts deletion
(27-12-2014 03:45 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  That would be fine... if there wasn't the option to delete posts. Tongue But there is one. It simply doesn't work.
The feature works just fine, you simply don't have permission to use it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-12-2014, 08:36 AM
(27-12-2014 08:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The feature works just fine, you simply don't have permission to use it.

Can everyone see it? I honestly don't have the button.