Keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 10:28 PM by Anjele.)
Tongue Keeping my fingers crossed
My son is house shopping. It's a sellers' market here. He lost out on a house just down the street though he offered well above the asking price.

We have gone along on a couple house viewings that have really been disappointing compared to the first house.

During my bout of insomnia last night I found a house that had been on the market one day. It's a little smaller than what he had in mind but we went to look at it this evening. This house is really nice - it's nearly flawless. Wonderfully maintained and would mean bonus granddaughter can stay in the same school.

The house is move in ready - it's pristine! No painting, no window coverings to buy, no other fixes need to be done.

The offer is 17K less than the offer on the other house.

Really hoping his offer is accepted. Now, since it's the weekend, we wait and hope.

Funny that I sent him info on the house, two realtors sent him info on the house, and his girlfriend did also.

All good vibes and other woo appreciated.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
17-07-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Keeping my fingers crossed
I'm wooing up a storm for you over here Anj Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
17-07-2015, 10:40 PM
I will be sacrificing a goat and burning its entrails to please the real estate gods. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
17-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Damn! I'm fresh outta goats.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-07-2015, 10:48 PM
(17-07-2015 10:43 PM)pablo Wrote:  Damn! I'm fresh outta goats.

How about your first-born? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-07-2015, 11:02 PM
(17-07-2015 10:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  

How about your first-born? Consider

I've heard about this trick.
18-07-2015, 06:18 AM

No worries, you can substitute birds or flour...

Leviticus
5-7 And if he be not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass, which he hath committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the LORD; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering
5-11 But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put [any] frankincense thereon: for it [is] a sin offering.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-07-2015, 06:40 AM
Loads of Woo being sent. You can hear it "wooooooooooooo......" on the wind. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Hoping good luck Anj. We're wanting to look into buying also. Having a hell of a time finding time to even look though, it's frustrating.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-07-2015, 07:36 AM
(18-07-2015 07:26 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hoping good luck Anj. We're wanting to look into buying also. Having a hell of a time finding time to even look though, it's frustrating.

Son works insane hours so we are going through the same thing. He often works stretches of 12 hours shifts that leave little time for viewings.

Houses here are going for crazy money!!!!!! But the girlfriend's lease is up in November and it makes much more sense for him to buy a house. His price point seems to be a tough one to match. There are houses lower in price but they are crap and then there is a huge jump to the next price level. My husband and I are searching, son and girlfriend are searching, two realtors (including the one we bought our house through) are watching.

I am hoping that if this one doesn't come through that next month will see some price drops as the the buy/sell frenzy eases the closer it gets to the school year starting.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post