Keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Keeping my fingers crossed
So this thread totally got me itched for some reason. Got a meetup with a realtor tomorrow afternoon to start looking at options. Way overdue, we've been stepping on eachother's toes in this house for way too long (literally, but it's always the kids stepping on my toes Dodgy ). Finally gonna get this ball rolling, we've both got credit above 800 and can get help for a down payment from both of our families, I don't see why we can't find something nice and within our budget.

Thanks Anj!! I'm pumped to get ourselves into a better place! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-07-2015, 02:17 PM
If Alex gets this house, his mortgage will be just a couple hundred dollars a month more than his girlfriend pays for a shit apartment. It just makes sense.

Also gives them a fenced yard for her dog...and his, if he takes her along.

He's already helping Sam with expenses so owning is the way to go.

He's got 11K in savings, no car payment, and nearly 60K in his 401K.

The house is small but his bedroom here and her tiny apartment together would still fit in it several times over and that's not counting the two car garage that's finished on the inside.

He can manage the house alone with no problem and money to spare...they would still have her income.

Good luck on the search EH!!!!!!

Start looking at homes online and learn the lingo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-07-2015, 05:00 PM
We are supposed to find out this evening around 7 if the seller accepted Alex's offer.

We were just at the house at 7 last night. Not sure if a response this quick is good news or bad news.... - gnaws on fingernails -

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-07-2015, 07:02 PM
(18-07-2015 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We are supposed to find out this evening around 7 if the seller accepted Alex's offer.

We were just at the house at 7 last night. Not sure if a response this quick is good news or bad news.... - gnaws on fingernails -

Is this house conveniently located near enough but not too close to Gramma? Big Grin

#sigh
18-07-2015, 07:09 PM
(18-07-2015 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We are supposed to find out this evening around 7 if the seller accepted Alex's offer.

Is this house conveniently located near enough but not too close to Gramma? Big Grin

About a mile or a mile and a half away. Big Grin

Obviously the realtor is on California time (where she used to live) as 7 came and went. We are all quite anxious to hear something!

18-07-2015, 07:59 PM
They took another offer.

Fuck!

I think I am out of this. I have told my son I think he needs to go with another agent as this one doesn't impress me. He was willing to offer much more for the house and wasn't even given that option.

Dammit.

All stressed out and no one to choke.

18-07-2015, 08:13 PM
(18-07-2015 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They took another offer.

Fuck!

I think I am out of this. I have told my son I think he needs to go with another agent as this one doesn't impress me. He was willing to offer much more for the house and wasn't even given that option.

Dammit.

Don't think that's the real estate agent's fault. If the seller saw an offer she liked and took it negotiations were over.

#sigh
19-07-2015, 06:09 AM
(18-07-2015 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They took another offer.

Fuck!

Dammit.

Don't think that's the real estate agent's fault. If the seller saw an offer she liked and took it negotiations were over.

Frustrated. Just really frustrated. Undecided

28-07-2015, 09:33 PM
So after losing out on a few more offers...we are switching gears a bit.

It's crazy here! There were three other families looking at the house we were looking at tonight and it wasn't even an open house...houses are selling nearly as fast as the realtors can put the sign in the yard...it's nuts.

Anyway, we met with the realtor that we bought our house through. I have been trying to convince my son to work with her. The house we went to was not something to put an offer on...too much foundation trouble and some other issues, but we learned some things about the market and how to proceed from here that would have been helpful to know weeks ago. We learned more in the half hour we spent with her than all the meetings the last few weeks with the other realtor.

Regrouping and starting again.

28-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Oh - and she said that I didn't look any older than I did when she met me - nine years ago next month Tongue- also said how happy she was that I made it through breast cancer. She's a really sweet lady who still sends us a card at Christmas time every year.

And she knows her stuff when it comes to realty and this area. Thumbsup