Keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Keeping my fingers crossed
Alex got an email from his realtor letting him know that the crack house she wouldn't enter had been lowered in asking price by nearly 10K.

Yeah...no thanks...not sure what died in the garage there. Also not real sure the body isn't still there. Dodgy

She was kidding - not about the price drop, that really happened. But they will have to nearly give that house away.

He did pull the offer on the other house and now for the first time in two months there are no new listings in his price range.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2015, 04:04 AM
(20-08-2015 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Alex got an email from his realtor letting him know that the crack house she wouldn't enter had been lowered in asking price by nearly 10K.

Yeah...no thanks...not sure what died in the garage there. Also not real sure the body isn't still there. Dodgy

She was kidding - not about the price drop, that really happened. But they will have to nearly give that house away.

He did pull the offer on the other house and now for the first time in two months there are no new listings in his price range.

Has he tried alternative neighborhoods? I was determined to stay on the West end of town - everyone knows that's were the nice quiet neighborhood is. What I did not know was WAYYY back, tucked in the north east corner, totally opposite, there was a 'secret' neighborhood, which was even better for me. More quiet, more private, less travelled, and about the distance from my work. My realtor said "I think I found something on the east-end". I almost didn't even want to go. Your son may consider asking his realtor if she knows of alternative locations that's not too far off. Strike while the iron's hot! I think interest rates will be going up very soon.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-08-2015, 05:37 AM
(21-08-2015 04:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Alex got an email from his realtor letting him know that the crack house she wouldn't enter had been lowered in asking price by nearly 10K.

Has he tried alternative neighborhoods? I was determined to stay on the West end of town - everyone knows that's were the nice quiet neighborhood is. What I did not know was WAYYY back, tucked in the north east corner, totally opposite, there was a 'secret' neighborhood, which was even better for me. More quiet, more private, less travelled, and about the distance from my work. My realtor said "I think I found something on the east-end". I almost didn't even want to go. Your son may consider asking his realtor if she knows of alternative locations that's not too far off. Strike while the iron's hot! I think interest rates will be going up very soon.

He is looking in the whole town (except the crack house area). Right now nothing seems to be coming up for sale - it just stalled. But then, school starts Monday so things may open up again in a week or so. I think he is okay with a little downtime from house viewings and making offers.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-08-2015, 06:10 PM
So this week my son had two viewings rescheduled on the same house. On the third attempt he, my husband, and the realtor showed up at the house at the appointed time.

The realtor unlocked the door and someone inside relocked it...this happened a couple times. Dogs inside were barking like crazy, they were supposed to be outside. Finally a man yelled at the dogs to shut up.

Needless to say, son, husband, and realtor loaded up and left since they couldn't reach the seller's realtor.

This morning the seller wanted to know if my son wanted to come back again. Blink

Ummm...no thanks.

We did find out that the house across the street may be coming up for sale soon...don't know what they will want for it.

This has been quite the frustrating experience. Undecided

29-08-2015, 06:00 PM
House viewed last night, new fence and completely renovated inside.

Offer made, offer accepted...holding breath...Alex is approved for an FHA loan, realtor is trying to get it changed to conventional. If that's a go...this is a go...

Reason to try to change is that a FHA loan requires the seller to have owned the house 90 days. This is a flip house and has only been owned for 30.

Even and Dark...how are your house purchases going?

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-08-2015, 06:19 PM
(29-08-2015 06:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  House viewed last night, new fence and completely renovated inside.

Offer made, offer accepted...holding breath...Alex is approved for an FHA loan, realtor is trying to get it changed to conventional. If that's a go...this is a go...

Reason to try to change is that a FHA loan requires the seller to have owned the house 90 days. This is a flip house and has only been owned for 30.

Even and Dark...how are your house purchases going?

Quote:All good vibes and other woo appreciated.

Ok, I'm off to find few virgins to be sacrificed ( seems that I ran out Unsure ) , be back in a jiffy...

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
29-08-2015, 06:51 PM
House inspections were done Monday, we've filed for resolution and are awaiting response. The sellers are military and I think the husband is in Germany, so negotiations are slow, but either way I'm pretty sure the closing date of the 18th is solid so we're just kinda tying up loose ends and trying to be patient until we can finally just get the fuck out of this place and in to our new home.

We are beyond excited! Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-08-2015, 06:59 PM
(29-08-2015 06:51 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  House inspections were done Monday, we've filed for resolution and are awaiting response. The sellers are military and I think the husband is in Germany, so negotiations are slow, but either way I'm pretty sure the closing date of the 18th is solid so we're just kinda tying up loose ends and trying to be patient until we can finally just get the fuck out of this place and in to our new home.

We are beyond excited! Yes

Thumbsup

We are trying not to be too excited yet. Undecided

29-08-2015, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 08:10 PM by evenheathen.)
(20-08-2015 02:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Woot! Home inspection was yesterday - the inspector said it was the best house he had seen in a long time - only very minor stuff to "fix".

I think I can shed some light on VA Loans - The VA will NOT approve a house unless it is in "average" condition. They determine what "average" means - and it means nothing even remotely indicating that there is a possibility of a problem. They are really nit-picky, which means all this tiny little things, such as a light wired weird, or hot water heater too close to something (even if easily moved), or and old electrical line not connected to anything (powered or not)...just very minor and easily fixable things MUST be fixed before the closing can complete. This is designed to protect the veteran, but sellers don't want to deal with a bunch of petty things and getting nickle and dimed to death after you've already 'made a deal'. They are just ready to be done with it. With a conventional loan the buyer can decide if they want to proceed and fix the little stuff themselves later - they can ask for the money from the seller potentially if it means getting the deal done. Not so with the VA loan - it must be fixed before hand. Even my soon to be house (hopefully) has some pretty silly things like a bathtub drain cover needs a screw. Yes - that's on the report to the VA. One way "around" that is to offer to get fixes made by the buyer before the close if they don't agree to do it themselves.

Yeah, some of the stuff the inspector reported was extremely trivial. He even took a picture of a loose screw on an air register. I honestly want to have a conversation with the guy about his inability to take five seconds out of his day to hand tighten a screw for a neighbor.

But I am glad that he was thorough, he did catch a lot of shit that I wouldn't have.
29-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Conventional loan approved...paperwork being resubmitted now. I hope that I will be delivering the earnest money tomorrow. Alex has to work.

The realtor is pulling out all the stops as she leaves for Europe for a month in a few days.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post