Keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Keeping my fingers crossed
(29-08-2015 07:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Conventional loan approved...paperwork being resubmitted now. I hope that I will be delivering the earnest money tomorrow. Alex has to work.

The realtor is pulling out all the stops as she leaves for Europe for a month in a few days.

Crossing my fingers and praying. Tongue

Hope it works out Anj. Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-08-2015, 06:47 PM
After waiting all day, we finally got word...Alex will turn in his earnest money tomorrow. The deal is in motion.

There should be no problem with the house appraising. The man who is doing the flip is quite well known in DFW and has done over a thousand of them. He knows what needs to be done to sell a house and sell it fast.

I am so proud of my son for working hard, saving money, building good credit, and being able to do this on his own. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
04-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Inspection done and it was very thorough. Most of the things are cosmetic but the biggest thing was the AC/heat is old and the ductwork is poorly laid out.

Foundation is solid which is a huge plus here with the way the ground shifts. We have spent a lot on our house for foundation repair.

Seller has agreed to fix everything on the list...and it's a long, picky list.

Next step is the appraisal which we aren't worried about.

If things continue to progress as they currently are, the closing will be the 30th of this month.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Appraisal was 3K under the offering price...seller agreed to accept the lower amount.

He is still fixing all the odds and ends from the inspection report. Alex has to sign a couple things tomorrow. Closing tentative for the 30th! Thumbsup

I have a tower of boxes in the garage that I got from work.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Awesome news!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-09-2015, 04:55 PM
All mortgage loan paperwork is complete. Insurance purchased. Closing paperwork in process. Thumbsup

He will have to buy a fridge after we can get back in and take measurements. Of course, get utilities switched over. But it's in motion and moving forward. Closing should be next week.

The girlfriend doesn't have to vacate her apartment till the end of October so they will have a month to get moved in.

He's not excited yet, says he won't be till the key is in his hand, but he is relieved that this big step is done.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 07:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  All mortgage loan paperwork is complete. Insurance purchased. Closing paperwork in process. Thumbsup

He will have to buy a fridge after we can get back in and take measurements. Of course, get utilities switched over. But it's in motion and moving forward. Closing should be next week.

In MD the appliances usually come with the house, but it's not required. Our property values are so high that the appliances are just gravy in the noise. You won't sell without including them.

(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The girlfriend doesn't have to vacate her apartment till the end of October so they will have a month to get moved in.

That's a great situation.

(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's not excited yet, says he won't be till the key is in his hand, but he is relieved that this big step is done.

I'd tell him not to get too excited because he's gonna find all sort of deficiencies and defects after he settles that the inspection didn't reveal. ... Consider ... Wait? First house? The fuck I'm thinking. Let him go haywire with his excitement, that's what I did. Big Grin

This is how I felt after I bought my first house. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2015, 08:24 PM
(23-09-2015 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  All mortgage loan paperwork is complete. Insurance purchased. Closing paperwork in process. Thumbsup

In MD the appliances usually come with the house, but it's not required. Our property values are so high that the appliances are just gravy in the noise. You won't sell without including them.

(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The girlfriend doesn't have to vacate her apartment till the end of October so they will have a month to get moved in.

That's a great situation.

(23-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's not excited yet, says he won't be till the key is in his hand, but he is relieved that this big step is done.

I'd tell him not to get too excited because he's gonna find all sort of deficiencies and defects after he settles that the inspection didn't reveal. ... Consider ... Wait? First house? The fuck I'm thinking. Let him go haywire with his excitement, that's what I did. Big Grin

This is how I felt after I bought my first house. Big Grin

Love the Steve Martin clip - this will be my son's very first address that isn't also mine. Big Grin

I wonder how he will be living full time with the girlfriend and her daughter. He has been the only 'kid' in the house since 2000. Right now when he has had enough togetherness, he comes home. He's not gonna like it when I claim his room. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(23-09-2015 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd tell him not to get too excited because he's gonna find all sort of deficiencies and defects after he settles that the inspection didn't reveal.

Blink

We've been in our new place for four days. Last night, well after we got the kids down, the wife popped down to the basement to discover that our sewer backed up and both of their baths ended up coming up the downstairs shower and from under the toilet and into the main room.

I spent until almost four in the morning running our tiny shop vac and pulling up the carpet. What a fucking fiasco.... Weeping

Oh well, we ain't mad. Still love the new place even if we can't enjoy all of it just yet.

Plus the MIL works in the office of a plumbing company and the owners are family friends, so we got taken care of very well and they even brought us over a blower from an HVAC to run down there until it dries out.

Hooray for homeowning! Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2015, 07:29 AM
It's on...final walk through Tuesday, closing Wednesday.

I asked my son if he was excited yet, he said no - now he's going to be broke...welcome to the grownup world of paying all the bills son. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post