Keith Ellison as chair of the DNC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: Keith Ellison as chair of the DNC?
(04-01-2017 05:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 05:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You have credible citations, I assume.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/01/politics/k...-of-islam/
CNN? He said "credible citations." Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-01-2017, 05:55 PM
(04-01-2017 05:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 05:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You have credible citations, I assume.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/01/politics/k...-of-islam/

I admit this is looking pretty bad, Nation of Islam is well known as a supremacist group. He has renounced to them due to their bigotry 10 years ago. For that, I would be willing to give him a pass provided that he truly renounced those ideas and prove it in more than words should the occasion arise.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
04-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Is he related to Ralph Waldo Ellison? Cause his concepts of the age of this nation 60 years ago are still ever prominent and consistently unchanging

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-01-2017, 10:22 PM
(04-01-2017 10:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Is he related to Ralph Waldo Ellison? Cause his concepts of the age of this nation 60 years ago are still ever prominent and consistently unchanging

Not sure, but I heard he was related to Oscar Wilde Ellison (his gay great-uncle) and his optimistic aunt, Pollyanna Ellison Barrett-Browning.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2017, 08:59 AM
(04-01-2017 04:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Huh? Only white people vote?

No. But he's been outed as a whitey hating Nation of Islam supporter (maybe even a member) and anti-semite. Even ultra liberal Alan Dershowitz says he will no longer support democrats if Ellison becomes DNC chair.
Then it is odd that a little Jewish guy named Sanders has no malfunction with him and in fact endorses him.

Ellison's district is mostly white working class and has re-elected him repeatedly by wide, wide margins. Go talk to them about what an awful white-hating guy he is.
06-01-2017, 09:04 AM
(04-01-2017 05:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't know much about him one way or another, but it's not going to affect my vote. I vote for (or against) candidates. I couldn't care less who the head of the DNC is -- and I would guess that most voters feel the same way.
That would have adequately described me prior to this election cycle but after supporting Sanders and seeing how important the DNC was to him getting a fair shot at the nomination, and how underhanded Wasserman-Schultz was in her management of the DNC, it has suddenly become VERY relevant to me. It is just a lever of power I did not know about before.

The other important aspect of DNC chair is that it sets strategy for democrats. Wasserman-Schultz was installed by the elites who have run the party as of late. How has her strategy worked out? Dems lost the election and are under-represented at almost every level of government. And why is that? Largely because the DNC was run by arrogant pricks with no ground game among the unwashed masses. Ellison's strategy will be to get democrats out shaking hands and winning local, county and state elections as well as national ones, and developing working organizational machinery at all those levels. Actually listening to people and making them feel enfranchised.

So no, the post is actually terribly important.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
06-01-2017, 10:12 AM
(06-01-2017 09:04 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 05:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't know much about him one way or another, but it's not going to affect my vote. I vote for (or against) candidates. I couldn't care less who the head of the DNC is -- and I would guess that most voters feel the same way.
That would have adequately described me prior to this election cycle but after supporting Sanders and seeing how important the DNC was to him getting a fair shot at the nomination, and how underhanded Wasserman-Schultz was in her management of the DNC, it has suddenly become VERY relevant to me. It is just a lever of power I did not know about before.

The other important aspect of DNC chair is that it sets strategy for democrats. Wasserman-Schultz was installed by the elites who have run the party as of late. How has her strategy worked out? Dems lost the election and are under-represented at almost every level of government. And why is that? Largely because the DNC was run by arrogant pricks with no ground game among the unwashed masses. Ellison's strategy will be to get democrats out shaking hands and winning local, county and state elections as well as national ones, and developing working organizational machinery at all those levels. Actually listening to people and making them feel enfranchised.

So no, the post is actually terribly important.

I agree with all of that, but it still won't affect how I vote. LDH was implying that this guy is so evil that Democrats will start voting Republican because of him. And that ain't gonna happen, even if he were as bad as LDH claims. I'm voting for a candidate, not for the DNC chair. But we can hope that under his leadership they will come up with better candidates.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-01-2017, 11:00 AM
(04-01-2017 02:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's a smart move. It's the best way to alienate even more white voters. That's the plan right?

Right?

No, it's a brilliant plan because it alienates and exposes assholes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-01-2017, 12:12 PM
(04-01-2017 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 02:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's a smart move. It's the best way to alienate even more white voters. That's the plan right?

Right?

Huh? Only white people vote?

Well no, but the last time democrats ignored white voters they lost to trump

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Right?
What's alienating about it? The only people bothered will be bigots who think being a Muslim should disqualify someone from office.

Better without God, and happier too.