Keith Ellison as chair of the DNC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: Keith Ellison as chair of the DNC?
(06-01-2017 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 09:04 AM)mordant Wrote:  That would have adequately described me prior to this election cycle but after supporting Sanders and seeing how important the DNC was to him getting a fair shot at the nomination, and how underhanded Wasserman-Schultz was in her management of the DNC, it has suddenly become VERY relevant to me. It is just a lever of power I did not know about before.

The other important aspect of DNC chair is that it sets strategy for democrats. Wasserman-Schultz was installed by the elites who have run the party as of late. How has her strategy worked out? Dems lost the election and are under-represented at almost every level of government. And why is that? Largely because the DNC was run by arrogant pricks with no ground game among the unwashed masses. Ellison's strategy will be to get democrats out shaking hands and winning local, county and state elections as well as national ones, and developing working organizational machinery at all those levels. Actually listening to people and making them feel enfranchised.

So no, the post is actually terribly important.

I agree with all of that, but it still won't affect how I vote. LDH was implying that this guy is so evil that Democrats will start voting Republican because of him. And that ain't gonna happen, even if he were as bad as LDH claims. I'm voting for a candidate, not for the DNC chair. But we can hope that under his leadership they will come up with better candidates.
^^^
This...I don't really give a rats butt who is the head of DNC or the RNC. I'm sitting beside an empty of box chock full of shits I give.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 12:56 PM
(06-01-2017 12:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Huh? Only white people vote?

Well no, but the last time democrats ignored white voters they lost to trump

Yabut, they have been ignoring white voters for a long time. This time, the black voters weren't as excited about Hillary Clinton as they were about Obama, and I think that's more pertinent. The main reason the Democrats lost is that Hillary Clinton was a shitty candidate that nobody could really get enthused about. Bernie Sanders would have won easily (although there's admittedly no way to prove that claim).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-01-2017, 01:55 PM
(06-01-2017 12:56 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 12:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well no, but the last time democrats ignored white voters they lost to trump

Yabut, they have been ignoring white voters for a long time. This time, the black voters weren't as excited about Hillary Clinton as they were about Obama, and I think that's more pertinent. The main reason the Democrats lost is that Hillary Clinton was a shitty candidate that nobody could really get enthused about. Bernie Sanders would have won easily (although there's admittedly no way to prove that claim).

Yes and no. Obama had a good amount of white folks voting for him(hell they white folks the democrats lost voted for president obama twice). So I wouldn't say democrats have been ignoring white people the whole time, but that this is only a recent trend. Also bernie would have won, dude had less baggage and was a populist like trump.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-01-2017, 02:16 PM
(06-01-2017 12:56 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 12:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well no, but the last time democrats ignored white voters they lost to trump

Also that whole super deligate mess. Bernie wins a state, but not the majority delegates? Really? Wtf?

Just another reason...people were disgruntled. The strong Clinton supporters really kinda ignored that.

Yes, I voted for her, because I do believe trump was far worse but I wasn't happy or thrilled to do it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-01-2017, 04:48 PM
(06-01-2017 01:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 12:56 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yabut, they have been ignoring white voters for a long time. This time, the black voters weren't as excited about Hillary Clinton as they were about Obama, and I think that's more pertinent. The main reason the Democrats lost is that Hillary Clinton was a shitty candidate that nobody could really get enthused about. Bernie Sanders would have won easily (although there's admittedly no way to prove that claim).

Yes and no. Obama had a good amount of white folks voting for him(hell they white folks the democrats lost voted for president obama twice). So I wouldn't say democrats have been ignoring white people the whole time, but that this is only a recent trend. Also bernie would have won, dude had less baggage and was a populist like trump.

Obama win Michigan I'm the primary vs Hilary due to actually getting more white vote working class. Obama drove in more working class white folk in those areas than Hillary which is mainly that difference maker of her loss in those states.

But certainly they must fear electing this Ellison to dnc chair. I know I've been only voting few republicans because of Reins Previs or however you spell his name. If only they kept Michael Steele.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-01-2017, 09:06 PM
(06-01-2017 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 09:04 AM)mordant Wrote:  ... So no, the post is actually terribly important.

I agree with all of that, but it still won't affect how I vote. LDH was implying that this guy is so evil that Democrats will start voting Republican because of him. And that ain't gonna happen, even if he were as bad as LDH claims. I'm voting for a candidate, not for the DNC chair. But we can hope that under his leadership they will come up with better candidates.
Point taken. You are right, if the elites get Perez in instead of Ellison I would despair the business-as-usual approach of not reaching voters effectively with the message, but the message itself would not change because of it. The DNC chair is more about administration / strategy and marketing than about policy.

On the other hand it can IMPACT policy. How? Just look at how DNC management of resources and strategy choked out Sanders and favored Clinton.