"Kellogg’s is telling Christians to shove it"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: "Kellogg’s is telling Christians to shove it"
I like cereal.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
(09-05-2012 07:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kellogg's action may not be as magnanimous a gesture as you all think. The company was founded by Seventh Day Adventists. One of their tenets is they believe the Pope is the Anti-Christ and the Catholic church is the Whore of Babylon. This could be their way of doing the Lord's will in getting ready for Armaggedon! Tongue
Yep - they used to shoot yogurt up your ass at their curative sanitarium at the turn of the 20th century.

I like my yogurt... but uh... I just eat it the regular way. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-05-2012, 07:43 AM
(09-05-2012 07:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Not only that but to me their statement reads more like an explanation of how sales work.

You go where the money is. What they were essentially saying was that they won't leave because people watch that show.

Still boycotting kellogs is like boycotting cereal. Dumbasses.
Well, there's Post and General Mills.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
(09-05-2012 10:23 PM)kim Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 07:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kellogg's action may not be as magnanimous a gesture as you all think. The company was founded by Seventh Day Adventists. One of their tenets is they believe the Pope is the Anti-Christ and the Catholic church is the Whore of Babylon. This could be their way of doing the Lord's will in getting ready for Armaggedon! Tongue
Yep - they used to shoot yogurt up your ass at their curative sanitarium at the turn of the 20th century.

I like my yogurt... but uh... I just eat it the regular way. Dodgy
Boring.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
And cornflakes were originally sold as a cure for masturbation.

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Post and General Mills can go to hell.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2012, 09:33 AM
"John Harvey Kellogg, believed a diet rich in cereal could end the twin evils of constipation and masturbation." - According to the Gruen Transfer[1].

[1] http://www.heds.com.au/images/gruen/grue...hapter.pdf

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
11-05-2012, 10:02 AM
(11-05-2012 09:03 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Post and General Mills can go to hell.
General Mills? I gonna demand you retract that statement.

[Image: General-Mills-Groupon.jpg]

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&...8AT2vPyXDQ

Post really only has Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles in their favor so bash them all you like. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
The only thing good in that picture is Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
(11-05-2012 10:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The only thing good in that picture is Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
What about Cheerios, Golden Grahams, and Lucky Charms?

-Mark Twain