Ken Ham: Atheists Reject Creationism In Public Schools Because They're 'Insecure'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Ken Ham: Atheists Reject Creationism In Public Schools Because They're 'Insecure'
Up until about 10 years ago they actually taught biblical stories intertwined with science in public schools. My daughter was only a year old at the time but my friend (who is also Atheist) called me up and asked me to come over and look at the science textbook that they gave his 11yr old son for the year. Inside there was the story of Noah. Believe me... you can't make this shit up. Now granted I live right in the middle of the Bible Belt so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. They have since rescinded that teaching since it basically went against "church and state" (and actual science for that matter).
I've been pretty lucky since that point since the schools actually have science teachers that teach science and not some form of pseudo-science. Every year I teach a 5th grade science class at the school my daughter used to go to on cellular structure and functions. I also teach atomic structure since working on our State's only fully staffed Hazardous Materials unit allows me access to many tools and the ability to break the teachings down to a level that 5th graders can understand. I don't interject any religious aspect into the subject as I'm not allowed to speak on religion but I just deliver the facts. So at least that's a start. So far, all the science teachers I've come across in the schools that I've had the pleasure of working with do not want anything to do with creationism.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like RearViewMirror's post
02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Ken Ham: Atheists Reject Creationism In Public Schools Because They're 'Insecure'
I think Hogwarts is the only place you can successfully teach creationism.

"Get out your wands children. Today we are going to create a myth."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
02-03-2017, 10:43 AM
His kids know more about evolution than most biologists?

Somehow I doubt that.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
02-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Your school could have got in a lot of trouble for that. Teaching creationism in public schools has been illegal since 1987. Hell, even mine didn't go that far. They bullied non protestants, and had a ton of bible clubs, but creationism they shied away from.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
02-03-2017, 06:29 PM
My family frequently posts on facebook about how much of an abomination it is that children can request not to stand and say the pledge because of conflicting views with the term "One nation under god" because it is "anti-religious" sentiment, or unpatriotic. I always feel the need to remind them that the first amendment is a thing. :/
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
02-03-2017, 08:43 PM
(02-03-2017 06:29 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  My family frequently posts on facebook about how much of an abomination it is that children can request not to stand and say the pledge because of conflicting views with the term "One nation under god" because it is "anti-religious" sentiment, or unpatriotic. I always feel the need to remind them that the first amendment is a thing. :/

Try sharing this with them... it was written by a fundamentalist Christian who finally "got it", and wrote about it quite eloquently.

http://www.wnd.com/2005/10/32839/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-03-2017, 09:00 PM
This stuff baffles me. I was in Catholic schools from 6th grade through HS graduation. In my science classes religion was never mentioned. My Intro to Physical Science was taught by a Catholic brother. My biology teacher was not a member of the clergy...his wife was also a science teacher.

We had religion classes that were mandatory but Biblical stuff was not part of our other classes even those taught by nuns, priests, and brothers. The school still graduates almost every student and most go on to college, many with scholarships. I guess they were more forward thinking than I thought at the time. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-03-2017, 09:13 PM
"All religions believe their god created everything." Wouldn't take a minute to teach that.
[+] 6 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
02-03-2017, 11:44 PM
(02-03-2017 09:13 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  "All religions believe their god created everything." Wouldn't take a minute to teach that.

Heh. And just like that all religions are undermined as to the validity of their scientific claims in under a minute. I *like* it. Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-03-2017, 01:36 AM
(02-03-2017 05:31 AM)Ace Wrote:  ...can someone ship this guy back to Australia and feed him to the crocs

Whoaaaa.... steady on there my good man! Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.