Ken Ham is dodgy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Ken Ham is dodgy?
Forgive my ignorance here. Ok, former fundy here and not sure what I am right now.

I'm pretty new here and am reading through some threads. I came on the ones about Ken Ham and Bill Nye. I couldn't help but see all the cautions regarding dishonesty on the part of Ken Ham regarding sketchy editing of events.

With everything I've been through in the church, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. Could someone kinda give me some links or something about this? Thaaanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Ken Ham is dodgy?
(09-03-2014 09:08 PM)Charis Wrote:  Forgive my ignorance here. Ok, former fundy here and not sure what I am right now.

I'm pretty new here and am reading through some threads. I came on the ones about Ken Ham and Bill Nye. I couldn't help but see all the cautions regarding dishonesty on the part of Ken Ham regarding sketchy editing of events.

With everything I've been through in the church, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. Could someone kinda give me some links or something about this? Thaaanks.

Ken Ham is the worst kind of Schyster and Leach. He preys on people's fear and ignorance to make money, all the while doing his best to make the world a worse place. Watch the debate if you want and notice how Nye relies one facts and knowledge whereas Ken just makes empty assertions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I have not watched the debate, and must do so. But what about trickster editing of stuff? That doesn't sound good...
09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Google is your friend. Just type in his name and you'll find more than you could ever read. The man thinks dinosaurs were on an ark with people and the earth is only 6K years old, when we know humans have been on this planet for 250K years and the earth is more than 4 billion years old. What more do you need to know? :-)

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I mean his dishonesty. I understand the issues with his beliefs. I'm talking about the cautions about him using shady and underhanded editing. There were warnings about how Bill Nye should secretly record the whole thing just in case (which I think would be a good idea regardless). In my background, I never heard about the shady stuff with many other people like Ham, though I got an up close and personal look at it elsewhere. I'm just wondering if Ham has a history of doing dishonest stuff with things like editing. I'll be watching the debate, so I'll be able to see his debate tactics, though I'm still learning about all this.
09-03-2014, 09:34 PM

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-03-2014, 09:58 PM
How could you trust someone who's highest authority is a self gratifying entity that will forgive you of any crime, including child rape. (Well Atheism is not forgiven, but since god no longer exists in a person's mind then there is no punishment for that.)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-03-2014, 10:03 PM
(09-03-2014 09:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Thank you
09-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Have you seen that beard?? Of course Ken Ham is dodgy!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-03-2014, 10:10 PM
(09-03-2014 10:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Have you seen that beard?? Of course Ken Ham is dodgy!
lol!
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post