Ken Ham is so delusional...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 06:58 AM
... He thinks that Pat Robertson is a pagan and is the reason Christianity looks silly.

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

I just... wut?

FTA
Quote:Ken Ham called televangelist Pat Robertson a pagan tool of secularists for his critical remarks this week about Young Earth creationists.

A “700 Club” viewer challenged Robertson on Tuesday for agreeing with scientists that the Earth was billions of years old, which creationists believe contradicts the biblical account of the universe and its origins.

“You have to be deaf, dumb and blind to think that this Earth that we live in only has 6,000 years of existence,” Robertson told the caller. “It just doesn’t. I’m sorry.”

Ham, who leads the Answers In Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum in Kentucky, blasted Robertson in a post Wednesday on his personal Facebook page, reported Right Wing Watch.

The creationist attacked Robertson’s comments point by point, accusing him of “utter ignorance of science” for disputing the “literal history” of the Bible – “as it is meant to be taken,” Ham said, “as Jesus takes it.”

Bolding mine.

Weeping

It's a rare occasion that Pat Robertson says something intelligent, but Ken Ham has never done such a thing.

Science: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
16-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Did he use "historical science" to figure this out?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
16-05-2014, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 10:00 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
RE: Ken Ham is so delusional...
(16-05-2014 09:38 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Did he use "historical science" to figure this out?

You mean...
(Aussie accent)
Hay-stur-ackle say-ants?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
16-05-2014, 11:19 PM
(16-05-2014 06:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ... He thinks that Pat Robertson is a pagan and is the reason Christianity looks silly.

I just... wut?

FTA
Quote:Ken Ham called televangelist Pat Robertson a pagan tool of secularists for his critical remarks this week about Young Earth creationists.

A “700 Club” viewer challenged Robertson on Tuesday for agreeing with scientists that the Earth was billions of years old, which creationists believe contradicts the biblical account of the universe and its origins.

“You have to be deaf, dumb and blind to think that this Earth that we live in only has 6,000 years of existence,” Robertson told the caller. “It just doesn’t. I’m sorry.”

Ham, who leads the Answers In Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum in Kentucky, blasted Robertson in a post Wednesday on his personal Facebook page, reported Right Wing Watch.

The creationist attacked Robertson’s comments point by point, accusing him of “utter ignorance of science” for disputing the “literal history” of the Bible – “as it is meant to be taken,” Ham said, “as Jesus takes it.”

Bolding mine.

Weeping

It's a rare occasion that Pat Robertson says something intelligent, but Ken Ham has never done such a thing.

Science: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Betwix two self effaced idiots, Ham and Robertson, never could I imagine that Robertson would be the slightly more intelligent of the two.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

17-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Pretty sure the word Ham was looking for in his statements was "heathen" rather than "Pagan." Paganism is something very different, and Ham (of all people!) should know this. "Heathen" is usually just used in Christianity kinda like "infidel" or "unbeliever." Then again, I guess if we're just tossing words around indiscriminately, we could use whatever words we want whenever we want.

And he accuses Robertson of making Christians look silly....

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
17-05-2014, 03:27 AM
(16-05-2014 11:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 06:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ... He thinks that Pat Robertson is a pagan and is the reason Christianity looks silly.

I just... wut?

FTA

Bolding mine.

Weeping

Betwix two self effaced idiots, Ham and Robertson, never could I imagine that Robertson would be the slightly more intelligent of the two.

Robertson has a bigger tent and has gone against the Ken Hams of the world before. They are bad for his bank account just as his dissing their idiocy is bad for theirs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Ken Ham is what happens when "indoctrinated denial" happens to someone with money, too much time on their hands, and a sense that they need to "help" people.

I feel so sorry for him. Him and all his creationist buds actually think he won all his debates. Like the Bill Nye one and the one against Hitchens.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
17-05-2014, 12:30 PM
(17-05-2014 12:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Ken Ham is what happens when "indoctrinated denial" happens to someone with money, too much time on their hands, and a sense that they need to "help" people.

I feel so sorry for him. Him and all his creationist buds actually think he won all his debates. Like the Bill Nye one and the one against Hitchens.
Wait... he debated HITCH??? pardon me, gotta go to YouTube for a bit....

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
17-05-2014, 12:56 PM
good... divide and conquer Evil_monster

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
17-05-2014, 01:01 PM
(17-05-2014 12:30 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Ken Ham is what happens when "indoctrinated denial" happens to someone with money, too much time on their hands, and a sense that they need to "help" people.

Wait... he debated HITCH??? pardon me, gotta go to YouTube for a bit....

I think I might had been thinking someone else actually. I don't think It was dawkins I remember seeing a video but it was someone I remember that was great at the whole debating others and stuff. Or I could just be remembering wrong lol.

I was gonna post a video of that on here for others but I couldn't find it so maybe I didn't remember right.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ